• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
The "but I am Mesut Özil" line reminds me of this classic:
Writing in the Observer three years ago, Daniel Taylor told the story of how Helen Grant, the then sports minister, convened a pow-wow involving the Premier League, the Professional Footballers’ Association and the Football League at Whitehall to discuss the depressing paucity of black managers and coaches in the game, which continues to this day. As well as guests from Kick It Out and Show Racism The Red Card, Campbell was also invited to vent his frustration over the lack of managerial opportunities available to former black players.

Quizzing the FA’s technical director Dan Ashworth, he asked why Gary Neville had been fast-tracked to the England assistant manager’s job. It was an entirely reasonable question, but while having the nitty-gritty of Neville’s rapid rise to such a high-profile technical area explained to him, he interrupted Ashworth. “But I am Sol Campbell.” Unsure how to respond to such an interjection, Ashworth just finished his explanation. The counter-argument? Once more with feeling: “But I am Sol Campbell.”

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Good on him. Puts some of the recent **** into perspective and hopefully certain other individuals take note.

Özil is exactly the sort of bloke you want at a football club. A small gesture like a hand shake can mean so much like here It's a lovely video. I'm a sucker for these sort of vids, they always get to me.

**** Toni Kroos, the ****ing stupid *****.

Özil last season:
gun04ruger.jpg

Özil this season:
maxresdefault.jpg

JimmyTheMac

Haven't seen any notable improvement or difference. Best moment so far was second half against Cardiff. Since then not done much and scored two simple goals, against very poor opposition too. I'll wait till he puts in consistent quality performances and against better teams too, before I start thinking he's any different under Emery.

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
sheer quality. I really hoped in some small corner of my heart, that Wenger would have tried to use him in the false 9 position and he would blossom into a lethal finisher like Van Persie. I know, I know...but some of the stuff he does is so outrageously clinical.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I can't complain if he is bringing in stats - assists or goals.

I don't think he can control games anymore, but end product matters. When he was providing neither - he did not warrant a place in the team. I hope to see him get close to 15-20 goals. That would be marvelous.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Very poignant by Trevor Knoah when he was responding to criticism by the French ambassador. He said exactly the same thing that Mesut said.

"When they commit a crime or they are dangerous, they are African immigrants, but when they win you a world cup, they are only French"

you can watch it here:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don't want to spam my thoughts about Özil in match game thread because we have this thread for that.
Almost every game I see fans complaining about his defensive effort, tackles and tracking back. What do you guys actually want from him?
If our manager wants Liverpool run and gun style, he should simply leave Özil on the bench. If he want's a guy who can change the game with one pass or moment of brilliance, than you just play Özil.
He won't give us control of the game because he isn't Iniesta type who needs to touch the ball 10 times on every attack, he won't contribute to defense and we should stop asking him for that. It would be the same thing as if I would say that Sokratis is poor because he can't dribble.

Personally, I don't like him here, but for the reason that I want more general attacking midfielder who can add some goals (Fekir or Coutinho for example) and who can control game better. If I would blame someone for our lack of attacking fluency, it would be Ramsey, and I also feel that he affects game of Özil and Lacazette in a negative way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom