• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan: Taking The Mkhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
According to StatsZone, he has created 7 chances, 5 more than any other Arsenal player. Also the leader in shots taken (along with Auba) and successful attacking third passes.

He's a much bigger goal threat than Özil and equally adept at creating chances. Start him at number 10 and play Reiss on the right with Lich behind.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
He's a much bigger goal threat than Özil and equally adept at creating chances. Start him at number 10 and play Reiss on the right with Lich behind.
i dont think he is a number 10, has he ever played that role before?
he is an inside winger.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I am bringing this discussion here from the Aubameyang thread because I don't like being off topic. @Mark Tobias , @YeahBee

Really dispute that, Mkhi for me has been a quality signing. He’s always getting involved in our best moves.

Minutes wise racks up the assists and goals, honestly can’t say enough good things about him. Yes he’s not as talented as Özil but the guy for me is like a hybrid Nasri/Rosicky. We’ve missed that since we moved Cazorla central.

Mkhitaryan will always polarize opinion because he is exactly that kind of player, invisible, ineffective or clumsy for long spells but always contributes in goals or assists and when it clicks for him his skillset is amazing, he has it all in his locker. It's all about how much inconsistency each fan is happy to tolerate.

There's no doubt he is amazing to have in a squad, though. I mean, let's just get unpopular here, how much worse is he than someone like Mahrez, especially now that the latter isn't a big fish in a small pond having license to do anything he pleases?

Since Henrikh joined Arsenal he has been one of our best players, for the stat freaks I shall present the following: 4 goals and 9 assists in 1594' (Europa League & PL, pretty much a goal or an assist every 122') without having a long, consistent run starting in a set position, being out of favour in his former club before he came, and with our team as a whole looking horrible a lot of the time. Then you can look at his statistical evaluation from WhoScored in the following picture.

2nwpj.jpg

Making a claim that he can be improved upon as a starter is great, but to compete in 4 competitions, 2 of which are vital, we also need depth, and as a squad player he literally cannot be improved upon right now.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I am bringing this discussion here from the Aubameyang thread because I don't like being off topic. @Mark Tobias , @YeahBee

Mkhitaryan will always polarize opinion because he is exactly that kind of player, invisible, ineffective or clumsy for long spells but always contributes in goals or assists and when it clicks for him his skillset is amazing, he has it all in his locker. It's all about how much inconsistency each fan is happy to tolerate.

There's no doubt he is amazing to have in a squad, though. I mean, let's just get unpopular here, how much worse is he than someone like Mahrez, especially now that the latter isn't a big fish in a small pond having license to do anything he pleases?

Since Henrikh joined Arsenal he has been one of our best players, for the stat freaks I shall present the following: 4 goals and 9 assists in 1594' (Europa League & PL, pretty much a goal or an assist every 122') without having a long, consistent run starting in a set position, being out of favour in his former club before he came, and with our team as a whole looking horrible a lot of the time. Then you can look at his statistical evaluation from WhoScored in the following picture.

2nwpj.jpg

Making a claim that he can be improved upon as a starter is great, but to compete in 4 competitions, 2 of which are vital, we also need depth, and as a squad player he literally cannot be improved upon right now.
Thanks @ThlRama .
I like Mkhi. I have for a long time. First started seeing him back in 2010 when Liverpool were sniffing around him at Shaktar. Although hindsight tells me those were just rumours.
Currently though I just feel like he goes missing at vital moments.
Stats are brilliant which is why he divides opinion so much. While he tends to disappear for minutes at a time he also produces fairly regularly in terms of per 90...

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think it’s the case with a wide playmaker though, they don’t tend to get involved as much as say Özil would because he can stay central.

We said the same things about Nasri and Arshavin but in key moments they can be so good.

He was quality for our first goal launching the counter, then for the Iwobi second PEA goal as well.

He offers a lot in front of the full back as well, I really like it when we play him with a proper winger on the other side.

Our best 45 this season imo was the first half against Chelsea, mistakes aside we absolutely shredded them, and he was vital to that.
I very much agree with that Rex. I just feel that if you weigh up the current form you have to stick with PEA and Iwobi

JimmyTheMac

I remember him being more explosive, energetic and dynamic at Dortmund. I haven't seen that much from him at Utd or arsenal . Great play tho from him for Aubas first goal, that was more like it.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

2nwpj.jpg

Yeah I like him as a squadie, but then again, way high salary for a squadie...

Good to great stats but I substitute your reality with my own :p

Someone can have good stats but their overall contribution can be detrimental to the team

ThlRama

Good to great stats but I substitute your reality with my own :p

Someone can have good stats but their overall contribution can be detrimental to the team

I'm not a stats man either, just wanted to share this. It's my eyes that like the man as a player, although I agree he is inconsistent.

ThlRama

So, according to today's team news (https://www.arsenal.com/news/team-news-sokratis-mavropanos-mkhitaryan) he is "continuing to be assessed ahead of Wednesday's match with Brentford." Doesn't that mean that the injury most likely isn't very serious and he will soon be available?

By the way, a lot of our injured players seem to be doing pretty good which is nice to know. Kola and AMN would be great to have back asap.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He’s had games like this for us- a bit few and far between for my liking.

This Micki week in, week out would take our attack up a level.
Interesting that he probably never figured in our first team for five consecutive games. we keep saying he is a on-and-off player but we haven't had the opportunity to see how he does when he is being picked continiously.

as @Jae mentioned, his stint at ManUre completely shot him of confidence.

I'd like to see him tried as a RW/CAM in place of Ramsey with assurance to him that he will be picked next game no matter what for at least 10 games.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Since Henrikh joined Arsenal he has been one of our best players...
Then you can look at his statistical evaluation from WhoScored in the following picture.

2nwpj.jpg

WhoScored :lol: :lol: Why do people quote that trash site?

I raise you

2016%2F10%2Fberrrr9.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:

I also remember a game where Gervinho or Andre Santos had a shocking game, one of the worst I've ever seen from an Arsenal player and he was universally slated by AFC supporters, but whoscored gave him a 6.5 or some ****. Their algorithm or whatever that spits out overall assessments or ratings for each individual game cannot be trusted. Hell Gibbs' mother wouldn't even believe that ****.

Modric/Iniesta/Xavi can/could run a game and it wouldnt show up in tangible stats for the most part. Gervinho famously had better stats at Lille than Hazard to the point some AFC supporters believed we were getting the better player :lol:.

In general I wish people would stop quoting these stupid stat sites like they are the gospel. This isnt baseball, stats and what they "show" only tell part of the story in football, but people get way to hyped off them like they are the be all end all. (Also see Elneny/Denilson's pass completion #/%, the loosely defined "chance creation" numbers that prop up Özil after bad games, or any ****ing StatDNA signing :lol:)

/rant

Last edited:

ThlRama

WhoScored :lol: :lol: Why do people quote that trash site?

I raise you

2016%2F10%2Fberrrr9.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:

I also remember a game where Gervinho or Andre Santos had a shocking game, one of the worst I've ever seen from an Arsenal player and he was universally slated by AFC supporters, but whoscored gave him a 6.5 or some ****. Their algorithm or whatever that spits out overall assessments or ratings for each individual game cannot be trusted. Hell Gibbs' mother wouldn't even believe that ****.

Modric/Iniesta/Xavi can/could run a game and it wouldnt show up in tangible stats for the most part. Gervinho famously had better stats at Lille than Hazard to the point some AFC supporters believed we were getting the better player :lol:.

In general I wish people would stop quoting these stupid stat sites like they are the gospel. This isnt baseball, stats and what they "show" only tell part of the story in football, but people get way to hyped off them like they are the be all end all. (Also see Elneny/Denilson's pass completion #/%, the loosely defined "chance creation" numbers that prop up Özil after bad games, or any ****ing StatDNA signing :lol:)

/rant

Truly a rant because I'm not so much a stats freak, just thought I'd share that for those that are. But yeah. No trash sites though, stats are stats. You can question their ratings but player strengths are very simple and unquestionable measures. Just numbers though and won't tell the whole story in football.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I'm not a stats man either, just wanted to share this. It's my eyes that like the man as a player, although I agree he is inconsistent.

He definitely adds something to us , has Bellerin or our right side been the same without him ? Suprised he hasn't featured more .

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Truly a rant because I'm not so much a stats freak, just thought I'd share that for those that are. But yeah. No trash sites though, stats are stats. You can question their ratings but player strengths are very simple and unquestionable measures. Just numbers though and won't tell the whole story in football.

Sorry I wasn't ranting at you I was just ranting in general towards football supporters new love for stats as IMO they don't tell the whole story, but some (on here/and again at the club with the StatDNA signings) I feel put far to much weight in them like they are the be all end all. I had to reply to you as whenever I see on of those Whoscored breakdowns I think of Gibbs and find the whole thing nonsense.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Tell you what, he ****s all over Alexis.

Cheers Jose.

Mhki looked poor while at Mourinho's United as does Sanchez now. While on the flip side Mhki isn't out here pulling up trees/or hitting the level Sanchez did while at AFC despite him showing flashes here and there.

I get that many want to feel we got the better deal on United, but surely this opinion isn't based on anything other than hope that his influence/importance to the team grows from where it is now (i.e. he isn't even a starter), right? Or are you just saying you prefer him overall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom