• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I won't put them this time tbh.They have new manager and some players are too old now.They always feel short against Spanish teams in recent seasons.

Agree.
The moment he starts scoring big again, Lewa will have his head in transfer business again.
Robben and Ribery injury plagued and just too old. I think Ribery did great in a CL KO game las season, but looked absolutely knackered after 60 minutes.
They lost some serious experience with Vidal and Rudy.
No fullback backups after Bernat has left and Rafinha is injured.
Coman injured already, Gnabry injury prone - that leaves them awfully thin on the wings.

Goretzka, Süle and Sanches, who seems back on track, are good talents but they won't carry the side to a CL title.
Boateng just went public to criticize the hierarchy for a lack of support. That fire will burn over the course of this season.

Hummels and Müller are absolute worldclass when on fire, but they can just randomly get out of form and struggle to find it again, although Müller has looked good under Kovac so far - seems he just needs that little extra touch from his managers.
Kimmich is just as suspect defensively for Bayern as he was for the German NT at the WC.

That leaves them with Thiago, James and Neuer as absolutely reliable top performers. If it clicks and the bulk of their squad stays fit in the crucial times of the season, they might go far. But right now they're already down to 15 fit players.

Kovac will give them a coherent system and he'll make them work hard and fight - and it will get them another Bundesliga title. But the CL is too far fetched. I even think the DFB Pokal is up for grabs. The individuals who can make a difference on the pitch and pull you to finals are either too young, too inconsistent, too old or too injury prone.

Even with all the quality in their squad, this just shows how good you have to be on all fronts - individual quality, management and tactics, squad depth, overall play - to reach a big european final, if you can rule out Bayern as serious contenders.

Last edited:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Aguero has started this season great, constant danger..

City looks vulnerable at the back, but they are also easily creating chances so think they’ll win this comfortably in the end

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Rashford in the starting XI? You know what that means
B8R6cEeCIAAXcki.jpg

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Do we want City to get knocked out? I know we’ll end up getting them in the Europa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom