• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Everton | September 23rd | KO: 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

stiiphunn

Established Member
I managed to watch the game. Frustrating but got the result. Hard to describe this team. Ultimately, I think we have a good team but not a great one. We have good players but no world class players. I think we'll continue to struggle against the top teams in this country but as long as we keep getting the points against the smaller teams we should be able to maintain ourselves in the top 6.

What's saving us so far is our ability to score goals when we can. Laca and Auba are doing pretty well in that regard. I think our midfield and our defense are really questionable though. Can't really control anything and are making a lot of mistakes. Özil, Xhaka, Mikhi, Ramsey, etc. I expect a lot more from them but perhaps I am wrong.

Emry deserves time. He's a great coach and should only be judged further down the line.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Emery is going to drive me crazy with Ramsey at 10. Play him next to Torreira or don’t play him at all.
We can’t have 3/4 attackers out of position ffs, blatant mismanagement
Dont know why we dont play a midfield 3 of Xhaka Torreira Ramsey. I think that could work.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Wouldn't it be Xhaka's (only) job to bring out the ball from defense to attack, though. Of course, Xhaka can only bring the ball out if he has time and space, but shouln't we then try Torreira - Gouendouzi then?
We need a ball carrier there who can dribble out of pressure, tackle and put in a shift next to torreira. Matteo and Iwobi are the ones who fit that profile best in our team atm but we should look into buying either Ndombele, Rabiot or Bentancur in the summer transfer window imo. Torreira can’t do everything for Xhaka.
Let mesut or mkhi do the play making instead

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Özil is still struggling with confidence and playing out side position like in 2nd he should have take a shot instead of passing it

I don’t really buy him struggling with confidence if I’m honest, he scored two goals in his last two games before today.

I just think he had a poor game. His touch was shakey, decision making was dodgy and his definitely ducked out of a few aerial challenges.

He his the odd crisp cross field pass but that doesn’t make for a good performance (see Yanited fans on Pogba.) Expect much better against Watford.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't it be Xhaka's (only) job to bring out the ball from defense to attack, though. Of course, Xhaka can only bring the ball out if he has time and space, but shouln't we then try Torreira - Gouendouzi then?

I think Torreira - Guendouzi can be an option, but Xhaka - Torreira is better.

Xhaka makes a big difference for our team because of his range of passing, how offensive his passes are, and the fact that he is a goal scoring threat from outside the box.

With Torreira & Xhaka we have two midfielders who can shield the defense, and distribute out from the back. However, since neither is that fast negative space will open up if they are out of position or try to dribble and lose possession.

Also, since both and especially Xhaka can easily spray pinpoint passes across the field our attackers want to stretch the defense, and now a lot of positive space has been opened up right in the middle of the field. Ramsey and Özil need to take this space and create chances.

Laca's goal is actually a great example. Torreira took up his spot in the middle of the field, Everton thought they had cleared it, but Torreira won the ball, and played a one-time pass to Ramsey. Ramsey took a touch, played it to Laca, and we scored. Apart from Laca's goal, none of this looked incredible, but if Torreira and Ramsey aren't in the right spots they can't create that goal scoring chance.

We need Ramsey doing more of this. Also, since Özil is still in the squad Ramsey will still be able to make dangerous runs, and get on the end of passes. PEA's goal was a decent example of this too.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Cech most certainly Man of the Match. Fantastic performance. He even looked less uncomfortable with the ball at his feet.

Having not watched the match, this concerns me. Did Cech keep us in the game due to Everton's dominance?

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Having not watched the match, this concerns me. Did Cech keep us in the game due to Everton's dominance?
I wouldn't say dominance but they were certainly better on the ball and cut through a few times. We looked frenetic on the ball until just before the goal. We were rushing everything.

LG10

The Özil of old would never have messed up the final ball for that 2nd goal. Very worrying stuff.

LG10

They got in behind us with ease several times in the 1st half, could've been 2 or 3 up. 2nd half they created nothing.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Xhaka looked lost in the first half and was the driving force in the second half. Fast sharp passes advancing play, great to watch if you notice it. Guy is so hot and cold in one match it angers me sometimes.

JimmyTheMac

Can you give an example today of Özil ducking out of a challenge?
How can someone provide an example of that? No one can remember what minute and what player he did it against, and even if they could you'd be taking them on their word.
Personally I remember him pulling out of a few , especially one late on when we nearly got countered. 50/50 bouncing ball between him and possibly Kenny, and completely turned his back on it. Was cowardly.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
No one can remember what minute and what player he did it against, and even if they could you'd be taking them on their word.
It’s pretty easy Jimmy, you could say something like “in the first half, Özil jumped out of a challenge from Keane”. See how simple that is?
Personally I remember him pulling out of a few , especially one late on when we nearly got countered. 50/50 bouncing ball between him and possibly Kenny, and completely turned his back on it. Was cowardly.
He pulled out of a few? Nah, he had four successful tackles out of six attempts so overall he did well in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom