• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Everton | September 23rd | KO: 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTheMac

It’s pretty easy Jimmy, you could say something like “in the first half, Özil jumped out of a challenge from Keane”. See how simple that is?

He pulled out of a few? Nah, he had four successful tackles out of six attempts so overall he did well in that regard.
Stats don't tell you the full story , that's why moneyball doesn't work in football and that's why Leon Britton was never the best midfielder in Europe despite the stats saying he was. Özil clearly pulled out of several challenges to an embarrassing level, perhaps they weren't counted on the tackle stats. You asked for an example, I provided one and yet you ignored it anyways. What's the point ?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
that's why Leon Britton was never the best midfielder in Europe despite the stats saying he was
The stat was that he had a higher passing accuracy than anyone, nobody said that made him the best.
Özil clearly pulled out of several challenges to an embarrassing level, perhaps they weren't counted on the tackle stats.
*Multiple* challenges that were so embarrassing you can't even remember them. Sounds legit.
You asked for an example, I provided one and yet you ignored it anyways.
I didn't ignore it, I said he completed 4 out of 6 attempted tackles; the challenge you claimed he jumped out of could've counted as 1 one of the unsuccessful challenges.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Great win and clean sheet, **** performance. This is the first time I felt we declined under Emery. Ramsey was indescribably bad, Özil sloppy as usual when we are struggling, Aubameyang needs to sort his first touch out. Lacazette's finishing is absolutely world class, the man gets us goals out of nowhere, it's now two within six games.

People have finally seen that Torreira isn't the answer to everything I hope, Guendouzi does some things better, especially in terms of fluidity, he would be useful today. The same can be said of Leno that people were demanding to start, Cech has silenced the critics by being immense, absolutely no reason we should drop him when he is building that incredible form.

Our injuries are a worry, when will Sokratis and Henrikh be back? We need them both asap, the Armenian lad in particular would be useful today I feel.

Sell Ramsey in January, he has forgotten how to play football. If anything, we can buy cheaper or less selfish workhorses.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
It's funny how nothing will ever be good enough for the people who hate Özil. Why talk about him winning more tackles than anyone on the team, when you can focus on the challenges he didn't make?

Wilshere got criticised for going into challenges when he had no chance of winning the ball, but when Özil doesn't do that it's a problem as well? Unreal.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It's funny how nothing will ever be good enough for the people who hate Özil. Why talk about him winning more tackles than anyone on the team, when you can focus on the challenges he didn't make?

Wilshere got criticised for going into challenges when he had no chance of winning the ball, but when Özil doesn't do that it's a problem as well? Unreal.

I cba arguing Özil anymore. His movement alone is outstanding when you focus on him, how he pulls of players and moves into space anticipates the play so well. But I will say, his passing and touch has been pretty off so far this season.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Just what I wanted. This is a hard grind, very important this season. No way we win all 4 games with performances like these last season.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard

Didn't realise he was about to be subbed out before the goal, perfect timing!

I watched the conference and to me it seemed that it wasn't Laca but Auba as demonstrated later when he was the first to leave the pitch for Iwobi. If there weren't the stupid music you would hear how when the reporter asks ''Was it Lacazete?" Emery waves his head as a 'no' and then thinks a little bit and says "It's not important".

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

Maybe we can check on Barca forum if they want Messi to go into 50/50's :)

I don't understand why is Özil being judged by tackles, tracking back, or defensive contribution in general.
He had a good run for the second goal, decent on the ball and that's that. Good game and he can do better also.

Who cares if he wins tackles or not, I want him to create chances. We have 6 players behind him who can win the ball back.

JimmyTheMac

The stat was that he had a higher passing accuracy than anyone, nobody said that made him the best.

*Multiple* challenges that were so embarrassing you can't even remember them. Sounds legit.

I didn't ignore it, I said he completed 4 out of 6 attempted tackles; the challenge you claimed he jumped out of could've counted as 1 one of the unsuccessful challenges.

It is legit buddy don't you worry. Just cause I dont know when exactly it was and what player it was against doesnt make it any less true. Next time it happens I'll write all the details in my log book especially just for you.

Reactions: A_G

JimmyTheMac

Tbf im not an Özil hater. He was one of my favourite players for years for Germany Bremen and real and then at arsenal. And I've defended him for years but at this stage now I've grown impatient with him. I always defended his work rate as being better than it appeared, not that it mattered too much due to his exceptional creativety and ability on the ball.
But for me hes regressed as a player, in every way . He looks a shadow of the player from his first 3 seasons here, never mind when he first burst onto the scene in 2010. Emery demands hard work and pressing from the front and it can't afford for one player to shirk their role. Özil just isn't doing that, he's letting players constantly run passed him and not competing enough, and he's not showing the technical ability or creativity on the ball either. He looks a player who's lost all hunger and who hasn't regressed.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn't say Özil has been any better or worse than the others in front four. All of them have racked up two or three goal/assists now but its just glimpses of brilliance rather than good general play from the group. Four wins with all this room for improvement is promising though.

The Aubameyang / Lacazette partnership has to be the most hyped in a while.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Happy about the win, not worried about average performance against a good team. We are due for some uninspiring performances during our first season under Unai, you cant not expect it, just be happy everytime we get 3 points from such matches.
I believe reason for our ‘slow’ starts is Emery playing it safer. He is very detail oriented, I think he sets his tactics up to get to the halftime not being down, so in the 2nd half he can come out and go at teams after closely observing all the little things that go on in the 1st.
That doesnt mean he doesnt want us to score or dominate sooner, its just that he wants to make us settle in first, and then go for it once he sees all the ways he can do it.

Laca is special, Özil and Ramsey were poor. Hopefully Papa is fine as he keeps showing us all those little things, of big importance, that you need from your experienced CB.

Couldnt care less about the offside goal, actually I was happy about it, as Nacho got called for a handball in the first half, while that penalty never was, when their defender did it.No one will talk about it, but thats how it works: some refs would give a pen there, some wouldnt, but the thing is, each of those refs sets his own standards. If he called that handball on Nacho, then I expect the same on the other side.

Embarrassing stuff from english refs, once again.

Knowing Unai, he wont be too happy with our performance, reason more to expect us do much better next weekend, and we need that: to always be on our toes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom