• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Tactics Talk

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We seriously lack winger in 4-3-3 system i hope Raul try get us Pavon in January i don't like the way we forcing playing Özil auba outside their position

LG10

We need an outlet on the lw so badly. Someone that can hold up the ball and beat people 1v1. Aubameyang just can't do that, I've been impressed with his work rate though. Now that the Zaha ship has sailed we should go for Sarr. Richarlison would've been perfect as well.

Midfield looks disjointed to me and despite lacazettes goal, he was very isolated throughout the match. Same for Auba really.

Ramsey at the 10 isn't pretty, would honestly love to see ESR start as a 10 but that's not happening.

LG10

Aubameyang is our best striker since Henry (overall better than RVP because the latter was injury prone as feck and actually only hit top form towards the end of his career,) Lacazette has similar potential I would say, very complete skillset, Mustafi and Xhaka were amazing for their previous clubs and only declined here at first, Cech this is season is actually as good as he's ever been for us and has actual competition in Leno, our depth at CM and AM is phenomenal, our youngsters are the best they've been since who-knows-when (Iwobi, AMN, Mavropanos, Guendouzi, Rowe, Nelson, Bellerin-Chambers-Holding are still 23, certainly much better than anything we've seen for the past 7 years.)
Van Persie was miles better than Lacazette and Aubameyang, it's not close. Van Persie was the best player in the league in his prime, those two will never be as good.

Last edited:

Eduardo_da_Silva

We need an outlet on the lw so badly. Someone that can hold up the ball and beat people 1v1. Aubameyang just can't do that, I've been impressed with his work rate though. Now that the Zaha ship has sailed we should go for Sarr. Richarlison would've been perfect as well.

Midfield looks disjointed to me and despite lacazettes goal, he was very isolated throughout the match. Same for Auba really.

Ramsey at the 10 isn't pretty, would honestly love to see ESR start as a 10 but that's not happening.

Ismaila Sarr?

Stannis

Ramsey has to be dropped

We would be so much better with Özil starting in the middle and Mhiki on the wing

It’s no coincidence that in recent games we have done better in the second half when Özil moves central

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm not even sure who was playing where in the second half in terms of our front 4, but whatever it was more of the same please! It's so much easier to find spaces and create chances when there's lots of movement and interchanging.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Ramsey has to be dropped

We would be so much better with Özil starting in the middle and Mhiki on the wing

It’s no coincidence that in recent games we have done better in the second half when Özil moves central

No please no

We still need Ramsey's energy

Mkhitharyan is even more invisible than Özil can be

And the moments of glory are even further apart

Ramsey can be one of 3 cms in a 4312

Width provide by RB/LB

And on occasion one of the cms, Özil or a striker

JimmyTheMac

From the start of the second half up until Lacazette scored the team done a really weird thing and seperated to an attacking unit all gathered up one end and then the back 5 and torreira in one end. Absolutely no one in midfield and centre of the pitch. Was very bizarre.

nick gould

Apart from playing from the back and our full backs being more decisive in the final third, I don’t see what else the new manager has introduced. Our football is so boring if it wasn’t for the chances we give away to the opposition, I would have dozed off. The so called pressing from the front which Unai is renowned for is pretty much nonexistent. Our midfield is poverty. Not enough players with high football iqs so there are no combinations at all. Özil looks totally disinterested. Ramsey’s technic or lack of it affects the flow of our games. Xhaka is supposed to be a deep lying play maker. Nope he only makes mistakes. Compare him to Chelsea is Jorginho fellow you see that Xhaka is just a confident Elneny.

At the moment our goalie and our strikers a papering over the cracks and it’s a concern.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
From the start of the second half up until Lacazette scored the team done a really weird thing and seperated to an attacking unit all gathered up one end and then the back 5 and torreira in one end. Absolutely no one in midfield and centre of the pitch. Was very bizarre.
very common thing coaches do, Wenger dod it a lot and talked about it. push your offense further up and let cb’s pass it out alongside one or two mids. it makes opposition occupied as they cant press high, or in numbers, as it will leave them exposed; one good pass and we are in shooting range attackng with lots of bodies.

personally I am still not a big fan of this, for longer periods of the match, but surely it has tons of benefits when used at right time

JimmyTheMac

very common thing coaches do, Wenger dod it a lot and talked about it. push your offense further up and let cb’s pass it out alongside one or two mids. it makes opposition occupied as they cant press high, or in numbers, as it will leave them exposed; one good pass and we are in shooting range attackng with lots of bodies.

personally I am still not a big fan of this, for longer periods of the match, but surely it has tons of benefits when used at right time
Thanks, great reply! I was thinking that perhaps emery was doing it purposely to try and stop Everton from pressing. I agree it looks like it would be disastrous over a longer period and didn't work great, but if I remember correctly, Lacas goal happened when we did it.

Chaoz_Enigma

Thanks, great reply! I was thinking that perhaps emery was doing it purposely to try and stop Everton from pressing. I agree it looks like it would be disastrous over a longer period and didn't work great, but if I remember correctly, Lacas goal happened when we did it.

This tactic would have worked out great if our first touch didnt leave us. For example, the amount of balls Aubameyang lost the ball due to poor first touch or decision making (heading simple balls towards opponent), made it frustrating and quick for opponents to bare open our back 4+torreira. And its not just auba as well, other players also miscontrol their received pass or passes that was overhit.

I think second Half of that game was much better as Özil and ramsey taking turns to drop to the middle. And it worked with Laca's and Auba's (bless them) goals.

I have a feeling this system employed is going to be very very divisive among the fans. Although not many will seemed to notice as Emery is smart in changing it up in the half time. The question is....can we do better first Halfs in the next few games?

Top Bottom