• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup 3rd Round: Arsenal v Brentford | September 26, 2018 19:45 BST

Who will advance to the 4th round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You’re reading too much into it.

Chelsea were awful against Bradford. The Chelsea team was Cech, Salah, Oscar, Zouma, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Mikel, Drogba, Remy, Christensen and Santos, and for the last 20, Willan, Hazard and Fabregas. And they were at home.

Away at Forest we had AMN, Willock, Nelson, Holding, Mertersaker, Debuchy, Ospina, Elneny, Iwobi, Walcott, Akpom, Nketiah, Welbeck. Nothing like the class of the Chelsea team.:lol:
If Forest played their strongest team, you might be right. But they had 6 players under the age of 23 in their XI. You'd hope that Arsenal team could do better than get outplayed to that extent.
No straw man. The simple point I’m trying to make whether you agree or not is that Chelsea should never have lost 4-2 to Bradford with that team, but because of their league form nobody thought much about it.
We've already agreed on this point. That doesn't mean we can criticise the team that lost to Forest as well.
But when Wenger with his league form, lost with those kids, which was much more likely, he was mocked mercilessly.
Mocked by whom? Pretty sure individuals like Debuchy, Holding, Per, Elneny and Walcott took the brunt of the criticism. He got mocked after Birmingham and Bradford but nobody other than the incels on AFTV blamed Wenger for that particular defeat especially bearing in mind the LC SF three days later.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
make way for Eddie!

18886_Eddie-Torch.gif
I'm calling Eddie Nketiah "The Trooper" from now on. Not sure if anyone will join me, but I'll be the standard bearer.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Why you need two Fullbacks on the bench and you could put Willock at least on the bench.
Hopefully Nketiah will get some minutes today.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
ESPN is carrying the game, but only on the internet behind their online paywall (ESPN+, which sadly is also the home for the FA Cup now as well).

I hate ESPN. They're already responsible for about $8 a month of my cable bill and now they're moving a lot of the stuff I like the most behind an online paywall. I don't watch SportsCenter. I don't watch the NFL. I don't watch their manufactured "debate" shows. Even their baseball coverage annoys me because they superimpose a box that's supposed to represent that strike zone during each pitch (plus most of the baseball people are annoying, although at least they canned Curt Schilling). Even their ESPNFC show is filled with smarmy bastards.

So now they've taken the FA Cup and League Cup and placed them behind online paywalls. They've taken Serie A and placed it mostly behind an online paywall. They've taken all the online content that was for years free to TV subscribers on ESPN3 and put it behind an online paywall. Damned capitalist bastards.
Slarti, you're my spirit animal.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Forest played their strongest team, you might be right. But they had 6 players under the age of 23 in their XI. You'd hope that Arsenal team could do better than get outplayed to that extent.

We've already agreed on this point. That doesn't mean we can criticise the team that lost to Forest as well.

Mocked by whom? Pretty sure individuals like Debuchy, Holding, Per, Elneny and Walcott took the brunt of the criticism. He got mocked after Birmingham and Bradford but nobody other than the incels on AFTV blamed Wenger for that particular defeat especially bearing in mind the LC SF three days later.
That was the normal Forest team playing in the Championship, only 2 players different from the team that drew with Leeds the week before. Our team had 9 or 10 changes from the regular one. The Bradford team on the other hand was a League One side .:lol:

I’m missing these ding dong discussions bro. It’s a bit dull everybody happy with Emery.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom