• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Honestly, I respect what he's done for the club and he's contributed to 2 of our greatest moments in the Banter Era. He's been both overrated and underrated in good measure by Arsenal fans over the years but I'd like to think that we will see his contribution to Arsenal overall as positive - he's always been an adventurous player and that epitomizes this team at it's essence (at our best and our worst).

However, I'm not against the idea of him leaving. I don't even think we need to replace him with another midfielder personally. Ramsey's biggest contributions in the latter half of his Arsenal career have been offensive. I put it that we should replace Ramsey with an actual wide forward. It will allow more breathing room in midfield for younger midfield talents like Guendouzi and AMN, without sacrificing much offensive movement.

As for Ramsey himself, I'll be most intrigued about where his career goes from here.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Big difference between advocating for Fabregas himself or a player of that type. He’s great when given time and space to pick a pass, but beyond that he’s of no use to a PL team with ambition in 2018.

Are you describing Fabregas or Xhaka. :lol: As I could say exactly the same about Xhaka, yet he is a inferior player/passer when also given time and space (and hopeless when pressed) but he's also one of the first names on the team sheet at AFC and our captain so spare the ambition bit. :lol:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree though as I fell we could do alot worse than Fabregas on the cheap to help fix many of our issues with control and fluidity in midfield. We arent going to go out and blow a load of money as we likely arent going to get much for Ramsey in Jan, but Fabregas or a player like/better/younger than Fabregas is needed.

Flawed players like Ramsey or Xhaka arent getting us anywhere meaningful in 2018, 2019 or any year after that.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Maybe he's just done with football and will now focus his efforts on saving the Elephants and the Rhinos.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Big difference between advocating for Fabregas himself or a player of that type. He’s great when given time and space to pick a pass, but beyond that he’s of no use to a PL team with ambition in 2018.

Not sure about "no use", he was the best player on the pitch yesterday and Liverpool's midfield cost £100m plus.
Although I do agree you wouldn't pay alot for him, I would still much rather pay money to watch him play than Ramsey though, he's an excellent footballer.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’m indifferent and to be fair to him he’s been here a long time (2008??)

I’m more curious to see where he/his career goes from here. Chelsea?

progman07

Established Member
Calling for to replace our guy with the best engine, good grits, g loads of energy and you want a Rosicky ?

We need Ramsey

Should loyalty count for nothing?

With his history with us And what he contributes he should be amongst if not THE topearner

He would be at any other club
I like Ramsey's character and his creativity in the box, but otherwise he slows the game down, especially in situations we could counter-attack and often disappears in games. When he doesn't score, he doesn't offer nearly as much as a number 10 should.

Regardless of whether Rosicky is physically strong enough, I'd say that players like him, Silva, de Bruyne, Hazard, who can run at defenses with speed and make quick one-twos to get behind are very important.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I hate losing people for free because it is just awful business when we are already missing champions league revenue. It's hard to believe we can be so stupid in the same way, so many times over.

As far as the players goes, emery wants this team to play with shape, and structure. These are Ramseys main weaknesses. His highlight reel for us will look great. He has worked hard, and given us plenty of positives. He does not have the discipline for what is being built now, and quite simply it's him or Özil. Özil is the better player, so there that is.

Good luck to him. If the demands were big, well at least we won't be fitting square pegs in round holes any more.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We should rename the Gunners, the Schizos in my view. Now they want Fabregas back. Presumably so they can insult him after his second average performance.

Should have sold Ramsey in the summer but honestly the lack of respect these days, no wonder the club doesn't respect the fans either. You might as well join in with the Stoke chants.

Sad to see him go. But this is new times, new manager and new chances for players to become iconic at our club!

Wilshere and Ramsey gone but Smith-Rowe and Guendouzi ready to take over!

Longy

Music to my ears....
Ramsey might be a very nice guy but was a terrible footballer.

The shackles are now fully off !
The real football men of Unai, Raul and Sven have finally had their way and booted out all the terrible footballers along with Wenger and now Ivan.

We will now see some real football and a new culture formed after so so many years of excused performances on and off the field !
The future is bright.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
We should rename the Gunners, the Schizos in my view. Now they want Fabregas back. Presumably so they can insult him after his second average performance.

Should have sold Ramsey in the summer but honestly the lack of respect these days, no wonder the club doesn't respect the fans either. You might as well join in with the Stoke chants.

Him asking for ~250K wages is what was disrespectful. He was asking for wages up there/past what the likes of Silva, KDB, or Hazard make FFS. We appreciate the FA Cup wins, but they were meant to help push us on and that clearly has failed.

With the talk of the contact being pulled all signs point to the new manager getting a good look at Ramsey and seeing that he isnt his guy. We are stuck with Özil, his wages, and his limitations already, so doubling down on that and resigning Ramsey and investing 550K+ per week to see the same dysfunction week in week out, knowing the two love to play in the same area, but hoping it was somehow going to work out this time is something a schizo would think though.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Him asking for ~250K wages is what was disrespectful. He was asking for wages up there/past what the likes of Silva, KDB, or Hazard make FFS. We appreciate the FA Cup wins, but they were meant to help push us on and that clearly has failed.

With the talk of the contact being pulled all signs point to the new manager getting a good look at Ramsey and seeing that he isnt his guy. We are stuck with Özil, his wages, and his limitations already, so doubling down on that and resigning Ramsey and investing 550K+ per week to see the same dysfunction week in week out, knowing the two love to play in the same area, is schizo-esque.
I don't think he's worth anything near that but if we're paying Özil 350k a week - this is the same Özil slagged off by 80% of the board - are you really surprised?

If it's a financial argument (as opposed to a football argument) then what's pretty stupid is not to have sold the guy in the summer.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Interesting development today. Ramsey's stock has massively fallen since the summer. My only hope is that Arsenal retracting the deal was a calculated decision. In the summer, I wanted Ramsey to stay, but let's be honest, Ramsey has been absolute trash all season.

I've liked Aaron, however he never recaptured the form of 2013. People can still only point to his goals in the Cup finals - one off games. He's simply failed to string together a full season in 10 years, let alone a full season of good form.

The comparison to Özil is silly, as Ramsey does not carry the commercial pull of Özil, nor does he possess the same ability. Oddly, I'm happy that this news has come out now, and hope that it can be put to bed.

For me, it's an easy decision for Emery to make. Drop Aaron, restore Özil to the centre and bring in Mkhitaryan on the right. I have no doubt this will restore some balance to our front line.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Not sure how much you've watched United but Herrera is definitely one of their better players...

I've always thought so , he does a lot of graft but he's pretty good on the ball as well and scores some important goals .

Reactions: Jae

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
The comparison to Özil is silly, as Ramsey does not carry the commercial pull of Özil, nor does he possess the same ability. Oddly, I'm happy that this news has come out now, and hope that it can be put to bed.

For me, it's an easy decision for Emery to make. Drop Aaron, restore Özil to the centre and bring in Mkhitaryan on the right. I have no doubt this will restore some balance to our front line.

No way. Özil hasn't proven himself either. It sucks that we gave into him at 350K. Should have let him leave on a free or give him 150-180K offer max.

Reinstate Mhki or Iwobi. Hell, Welbeck on the wing is better than Özil there too.
I think we need to blood Guendozi in the Center with Lucas and Xhaka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom