• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

Didn’t know it was part of the protest, what’s your stance on it? I see you’re not going to those games but do you think it’s really productive or changing anything? I feel like it’s only painting a narrative that your fan base isn’t strong whether that be the truth or completely false, as Arteta is out here publicly speaking about it not being ideal that your fans aren’t turning up.

The logic is these fans are protesting against UEFA whilst paying for a season ticket, they are literally wasting money to not support the team, right? And are you telling me all of those 13K that attended won’t show up for the knockout rounds if you were to face United at home (unlikely I know)? It’s hard to believe that this is even your fans logic, it feels like an excuse. Because you damn well would show up.

Your club has spent decades in the football wilderness, fighting against PNE in league one and now you’ve got something to be proud of being in the biggest stage of club level European football. Forgive me but I don’t understand it.

My first post was a bit tongue and cheek but I’m not trying to come across as facetious at all here. I think you’re one of the better posters here but I just am struggling to understand the reasoning behind this. You are clearly a very loyal fan and I admire that, you’ve seen the worst and best of City. I understand not agreeing with UEFA, but it’s done now, your club isn’t getting any money back and it just reflects badly by not showing up on the club at this point. I want to know your point of view as a fan for decades.
I don't speak for everybody, but I'm just not interested in the competition, domestic titles and cups I love, but I just can't get into the Champions League, I've always thought it to be corrupt, from way before we even started to qualify for it.

Of course we'd turn up if it was united, but I'm not 100% sure it would even sell out for that, though it likely would.

Not sure where you are coming from as regards the season ticket/wasting money thing, City fans aren't forced to buy CL tickets as part of the seasoncard price, so it's a totally separate choice to go or not. The prices for the group games are cheap, but we don't have a huge fanbase outside of Manchester, there isn't a massive(!) waiting list for games. Strangely, we dio sell out quite often for CL aways, maybe loads think the same way as me, and go to visit new places/grounds.

City got £32m of the £49m back by the way, after complying with the FFP regs.

Oh, and don't big us up, our local derby that year was against Macclesfield, not PNE :lol:

@A Lighter Shade of Blue you guys are lucky to have Foden, special talent.. Seems like he's winning Pep's trust too so I think he'll get a lot of minutes this season.
Went to the game tonight, he was slightly erratic in the first half, but showed some great touches, I think he was trying too hard.

Reckon Pep had a word at half time, and calmed him down, he was sublime second half, and fantastic to see him get his first senior goal for the club, on top of an assist, plus being involved in the build up to the first goal. So much potential.

Was a shame Brahim Diaz had to go off with an injury as he was doing well, too. Really hope we can get him to sign his new deal.

ThlRama

Player:Saka

Wow! One of their most important players probably, at the same time so expensive and has gotten to play so little. Would be a mess.

Reactions: A_G

Wow! One of their most important players probably, at the same time so expensive and has gotten to play so little. Would be a mess.
It's complete and utter rubbish. Ogden was badgering Pep for an answer to a question that he already knew, at the press conference. That Mendy was late in for training/treatment last Sunday, after going to the boxing in London on Saturday night.

I don't think Pep knew what Ogden was trying to get at, but it just seemed like he was trying to stir up trouble, Ogden didn't really come across well, if you can see the whole of the presser. It's usually available on beanyman sports.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Sterling is one of the best attacking talents on the planet. 300k is fair given what he's produced in recent times and how valuable an asset he is to City. Özil earns more ffs, that's before I even mention what the dog shagger earns.

BTW remember when GDeep was adamant that Sterling was better than Alexis and was laughed at?

Sterling was good at the time I remember, actually very good, better than Frauzard. But Sanchez was the best wide forward in the league IMO.

Still jumped on the train with GDeep and got laughed at when I suggested we should try to get Sterling if Sanchez would leave.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
got laughed at when I suggested we should try to get Sterling if Sanchez would leave.
Think you were the one doing the mocking tbf:
Untitled.jpg

Think you were the one doing the mocking tbf:
Untitled.jpg

Yeah like I said, Sanchez was better then, but Sterling is above Hazard and has been for some time. Sterling is of course better than Sanchez now but I wouldn't have cried if we manage to get Sterling instead of Sanchez at the time it was clear Sanchez wanted to leave!

Reactions: A_G

Latest posts

Top Bottom