• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Watford | September 29, 2018 15:00 BST

Match Prediction for El Clasicajones

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We’re in the bottom half of the injury league table. Never seen that before. :lol:

Yeah but in that game we had a clear penalty turned down, our keeper goes off injured and Deeney could’ve easily been sent off for a second yellow but wasn’t. Wenger luck.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Lucky win and sterile from an offensive point of view. Emery's starting 11's are always questionable, but I do like the fact that he makes mostly the right changes in order to inject the team with what's necessary to get the 3 points.

Xhaka was decent, but Torreira did both defensive and offensive work and even outdone Özil and Ramsey, who both did nothing creatively.

Auba has been 90% dreadful in this start of the season and looks clueless. On current form I'd argue Welbeck should play in his place based on the fact that he's one of our best pressers and works tirelessly.

As much as I like him, Auba is too soft for the PL and his link up play isn't as good as Laca's, who's also working defensively and has a meanness to his challenges that his striking partner sorely lacks.
He missed two important chances today, but his team mates need to do better and provide him with more opportunities.

I'd also argue that both Ramsey and Özil should be benched for Iwobi and Miki in games where we're looking to press more and attack with speed.

Leno came in well in the game and looked solid, which was nice to see and Holding was pretty good today. I'd pair him with Sokratis when he comes back and see how that works out, because Mustafi always makes a dumb foul near the box or loses his opponent and it ends in a big chance or a goal.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Bellerin and Lacazette I agree. Xhaka is playing like he was 2nd half of last season, where he was good...
Özil is playing much worse than 17/18 though and definitely compared to his best form here.. I blame it mostly on Emery and his insistence on playing Ramsey at 10 though.

I mostly meant since the first games of the season, those are players that were inconsistent under Wenger and are in a process of reinventing themselves. Özil didn't start the season well at the right but game by game he is finding himself.

I also thought the performance was good overall (not great) and that against a Watford that played what was their best game of the season comfortably.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

This is the second penalty denied because Laca refuses to go down under a challenge. Should've had one against Everton when he was grabbed at by Idrissa Gueye. I'm also reminded about the Utd game where he didn't protest when Rojo was body checking him in the penalty box. Someone should get in his ear about this. A penalty in the first 10 minutes and this match would've been smooth sailing.

Correct, but in the same breath he really shouldn't have to. It was so blatant that he was tripped, and infact there was one on Iwobi (I can't remember the game now) in which he was striving to stay on his feet and eventually fell that wasn't given.

It's poor, really poor from referees.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah Auba on the wing was working a while ago (even last year) as he was still scoring, but he's really looked out of sorts there lately.

One of the the most prolific finishers in World football and he get's nowhere near a shooting position in this set up . Let that sink in , Rather he be in competition for a starting spot with Lacazette then this .

ThlRama

I'd also argue that both Ramsey and Özil should be benched for Iwobi and Miki in games where we're looking to press more and attack with speed.

I mean... No. You don't bench Özil, especially in those games because he finds runners with his passing. On another level to anybody in our squad as an offensive passer, even at his worst. And look at him: He's scoring a little bit!

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Leno made two excellent saves to keep us in the game. Got a bit lucky with the Success finish but ruthless after that. Great 'mental strength' in the 2nd half once again. But Emery for the love of god start with our wide players! Aubameyang, Ramsey barely had a kick in the opposition box.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I mean... No. You don't bench Özil, especially in those games because he finds runners with his passing. On another level to anybody in our squad as an offensive passer, even at his worst. And look at him: He's scoring a little bit!
I just disagree. We need someone with more energy, because Özil, aside from scoring those three goals so far, hasn't been influential creatively in any game.
Miki is better suited for a faster and direct style of play and even though he's sort of hit and miss, he's not as invisible as Özil.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Bellerin and Lacazette I agree. Xhaka is playing like he was 2nd half of last season, where he was good...
Özil is playing much worse than 17/18 though and definitely compared to his best form here.. I blame it mostly on Emery and his insistence on playing Ramsey at 10 though.

I reckon Ramsey doesn't want to play 10 either .

blaze_of_glory

One of the the most prolific finishers in World football and he get's nowhere near a shooting position in this set up . Let that sink in , Rather he be in competition for a starting spot with Lacazette then this .
Emery may feel he needs them both playing regularly though.. tough one. I wish we'd just try some form of two striker system but seems unlikely to happen.

Gooner_girl14

I agree. I’d bench Ramsey for Iwobi but don’t think Mhiki would be an upgrade on Özil at all. People often criticise Mesut for being soft or not defending enough, Mhiki is not much better. Özil is much more of an attacking threat, his assists might have dried up recently but he’s scoring more.. isn’t his stats something like a goal or assist in every other game he’s played for us since joining?

Jae

Get Ramsey out of this team, did absolutely nothing today. The difference in our performance when he came off for Iwobi was night and day.

The thing that this team is missing is a player capable of picking up the ball and running at players, Iwobi is the nearest we have and to be fair to him he's been fantastic this season.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah but in that game we had a clear penalty turned down, our keeper goes off injured and Deeney could’ve easily been sent off for a second yellow but wasn’t. Wenger luck.
Just wondering how many shots they missed. Emery luck . . . is changing. ;)

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Emery may feel he needs them both playing regularly though.. tough one. I wish we'd just try some form of two striker system but seems unlikely to happen.

One thing I notice abot Laca he plays best when his spot is in danger . Change the formation then I guess , because atm Welbeck , Mkhi and Iwobi are all better candidates and all do a better job tracking back too ,

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
Arsenal are becoming predictable.
Too much firepower ....unless the defence cocks up horribly ....most teams will be blown away.

Remember this was when we started without Mkhi, Iwobi, Danny ....

there was a time not long ago, when we would have killed for a 1st team front three of that quality.

ThlRama

People often criticise Mesut for being soft or not defending enough

He has improved massively on that front. He is defending, he is getting out of trouble around the middle third, he isn't getting pushed off the ball anymore... If he keeps that up there won't be much left to criticize him for tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom