• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
His form is a bit concerning. Hopefully he can regain his confidence very soon.

Not particularly worried personally, it's just that he needs a lot of space to operate from the left and he wasn't afforded any today, Watford were great at forming low blocks. Monreal wasn't any better either from that side, we were only dangerous from the right because they were always more prepared to be attacked from the left (and rightly so.)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Still not really worried about him playing out of position he is trying to givr his best at position he not been playing at for long time

Dj_sds -

Not particularly worried personally, it's just that he needs a lot of space to operate from the left and he wasn't afforded any today, Watford were great at forming low blocks. Monreal wasn't any better either from that side, we were only dangerous from the right because they were always more prepared to be attacked from the left (and rightly so.)

It’s not form, he’s playing out of position

I hope so. But nothing seems to come off for him atm even when hes in central areas.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Nearly half the goals he’s scored for Arsenal have come when he’s been on the left, I’m not convinced that it can’t work. He’s just not playing well right now, his performance at Chelsea as a CF proves it’s not just about positions.

say yes

forum master baiter
Auba on the left can work. Trick is to get him both further forward and more central, which is a question of team balance more than anything.

He’s currently playing like a LM rather than like a Salah / C. Ronaldo wide-forward which is what you want when you play someone like him out wide.

Up to Emery to get the balance right but I’d suggest playing two number 10s in front of him isn’t helping matters.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He should be used here like Pedro was used at Barcelona. He looks awkward on the ball so the less touches he makes, the better. He just needs to concentrate on his runs and leave organisation of attack to other players. It's difficult now as Ramsey is also not contributing to our build up play, but once Ramsey is gone, it will be easier to push Auba forward.

pikey2000

I think Auba wide left is just a short term solution as our squad is filled with AM's instead of bonefide wingers, reckon he has been told as much, no way he would settle for playing wide left long term, am sure he will be central again as soon as we bring in a real winger / Iwobi becomes a starter.

Can see us using Ramsey's wage on a wide man as we defo don't need another CM or AM unless someone else moves on.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think Auba wide left is just a short term solution as our squad is filled with AM's instead of bonefide wingers, reckon he has been told as much, no way he would settle for playing wide left long term, am sure he will be central again as soon as we bring in a real winger / Iwobi becomes a starter.

Can see us using Ramsey's wage on a wide man as we defo don't need another CM or AM unless someone else moves on.

Do you think we'll play 2 up front or dump Laca? Not being sarcastic, just interested. Personally I feel Laca has to play, and Auba on the left is one way of making sure Laca plays.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think the front 4 have to play as a dynamic unit. Laca has to play because he's too good not to, that means Auba on the left. We saw on Sat that Laca crossed for Özil in the middle, that's how we have to play. The front 4 of Laca, Auba, Özil, Iwobi/Mkhi are all intelligent enough to switch it up and move around. Laca is moving everywhere, Auba needs to do more of that because dropping Laca so Auba can play CF would be the wrong solution.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I think a situation akin to the one at Real Madrid right before Higuain left, where starts were shared between him and Benzema, is very likely here. Let them fight it off for the starting spot. Two world-class strikers that can use the challenge of starting over another, will need rest as we play in 4 competitions, can be substituted in the other's place, are suited to different types of games, and yet sometimes they might still be played together... Can't we we see it? Do we have too much of a midtable club complex, are we not big enough to get this done? This can be a stepping stone.

pikey2000

Do you think we'll play 2 up front or dump Laca? Not being sarcastic, just interested. Personally I feel Laca has to play, and Auba on the left is one way of making sure Laca plays.

I'd hedge my bets and say Laca will take the hit more often than not, however with that said there should be enough game time for them both if we progress to the later stages of each cup competition.

Honestly don't think there is a great deal between them both, we are in an unusual position (in recent years) of having two high quality CF's who can interchange without a significant drop in performance, this is a good thing but shouldnt mean we shoe horn them both into the starting line up.

Way I see it we have Auba / Laca @ CF
Iwobi/Welbeck/Mhki/Ramsey/Özil turning out in the wide area's - clear as day to me we need at least 1 more real winger, 2 if Reiss doesn't kick on.

Should be:

Auba/Laca
Iwobi/Welbz @ LW
Özil/Mhki @ AM
Winger/Winger @ RW

Ramsey leaves.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'd hedge my bets and say Laca will take the hit more often than not, however with that said there should be enough game time for them both if we progress to the later stages of each cup competition.

Honestly don't think there is a great deal between them both, we are in an unusual position (in recent years) of having two high quality CF's who can interchange without a significant drop in performance, this is a good thing but shouldnt mean we shoe horn them both into the starting line up.

Way I see it we have Auba / Laca @ CF
Iwobi/Welbeck/Mhki/Ramsey/Özil turning out in the wide area's - clear as day to me we need at least 1 more real winger, 2 if Reiss doesn't kick on.

Should be:

Auba/Laca
Iwobi/Welbz @ LW
Özil/Mhki @ AM
Winger/Winger @ RW

Ramsey leaves.

Ok, well as I say I wouldn't drop Laca, so we'll see how it goes. I do agree that Ramsey leaves :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom