• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Welcome to the fan club new members. At the beginning there were not many of us. Now looks like that we'll need to upgrade our bandwagon, because it's becoming to crowded:lol:

india_travel_tips__trains_and_buses_hzl.jpg
Good to see @GDeep came to his senses

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Auba can't hold the ball, his link up play is considerably poorer, his defensive contributions are close to none and overall his form in this season so far has been ****.
Harsh to judge him upfront in three of our hardest games so far under Emery.

Last season he was killing it with a league goal every 100 minutes. That's true elite level.

This doesn't depend only on him, our attack is not fluid at the moment and we have hard time creating chances. For now, our creative midfield department struggles to provide chances for him and I don't think he will hit big numbers for that reason. I'm not that concerned about stats so I can appreciate his contribution even without him being top scorer.

I just wonder if we are playing our 20-30 goal striker wide.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Harsh to judge him upfront in three of our hardest games so far under Emery.
It's not just when he played up front. He's just not physical enough and shies away from contact.
As I said in the Watford game thread, on current form I'd rather have Welbeck in his place just because of his effort and aggressive pressing.

Wele and Laca pressing hard is going to do more damage to defenders than Auba's pace, which isn't even put into focus by his team mates when playing him on. He's too isolated.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I just wonder if we are playing our 20-30 goal striker wide.
We are, but I think the problem is not that he is wide, the problem is that he is being used for the ball transition which he can't do. He should only focus on his runs behind defense and this system is not allowing him to do that. The system is currently focused on Ramsey and his runs and Auba is being sacrificed for that. If we are going to continue with Ramsey, than Welbeck would be better choice for that LF position than Auba is.
Laca is much needed as CF as he has other qualities than just scoring goals.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Do you really expect a national team manager to get the players to the next level with 2 months of training a year? :lol:
You’re laughing like we haven’t seen it done time and time again? I mean isn’t that what defines a good manager? The ability to up the level of a team? Christ.

Bit of a nothing post from you unless you’re suggesting that there’s no such thing as a good international manager...due to them all being constrained to two months of training a year? But that would be a wee bit ridiculous, wouldn’t it?

Reactions: A_G

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
You’re laughing like we haven’t seen it done time and time again? I mean isn’t that what defines a good manager? The ability to up the level of a team? Christ.

Bit of a nothing post from you unless you’re suggesting that there’s no such thing as a good international manager...due to them all being constrained to two months of training a year? But that would be a wee bit ridiculous, wouldn’t it?
It's reed, Trills. Know your audience.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog

Who are the best national team managers right now for you?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Who are the best national team managers right now for you?
Doesn’t matter because they only have two months of training a year.

I’ve since realised that due to that constraint they’re all equally good or perhaps equally crap, depending on how you would view a glass used to half of its capacity. ;)

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Doesn’t matter because they only have two months of training a year.

I’ve since realised that due to that constraint they’re all equally good or perhaps equally crap, depending on how you would view a glass used to half of its capacity. ;)
Didier Deschamps half time speach WC finals: "Don't make it hard for yourself, play it simple, and when you are under pressure, pass it to Kylian".
Brilliant stuff, some people believe he is some kind of genius manager, but for me it's more down to the fact that he has one of the best generations in football history. I think if you put one of AM forum members to be in charge of France, they would get at least to the semis :D
Argentinian manager was even worse, he did nothing except of screaming and jumping. How these people get to this positions is beyond me

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Argentinian manager was even worse, he did nothing except of screaming and jumping. How these people get to this positions is beyond me
Sad thing is that Sampaoli did brilliant things with Chile, either he lost it or just wasn't a good fit for Argentina.

Back to Laca anyway!

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I would bet that most AM members here would get further ahead than Sampaoli did.

Bar that idiot who thought England was winning the world cup

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Is this a fact or did you make this up?
There is a video of that mate...
I just pulled out the funny part, he also talks about Mandzukic and how they need to close him down. I mean, it's OK stuff, but people on forums sometimes think that managers have some brilliant tactical ideas that are changing games, but in reality it's just some ideas that any forum troll can come up with :)

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
There is a video of that mate...
I just pulled out the funny part, he also talks about Mandzukic and how they need to close him down. I mean, it's OK stuff, but people on forums sometimes think that managers have some brilliant tactical ideas that are changing games, but in reality it's just some ideas that any forum troll can come up with :)
Cool, was genuinely asking. Thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom