• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolò Barella

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We're increasingly going towards Italy. Have Italians started to move the EPL finally?

Sungod

15380563577221.jpg
6y6L77

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We've not had nearly enough Italians throughout our history tbh. This guy was pretty good alongside Verratti and Jorginho vs Poland the other night, other than that I don't know much about him.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
There’s a sort of Torreiraness to him, he looks like a grafter without airs and graces. He ranks among the top midfielders in the league for tackles but also dribbles. He’s an all-rounder who could play a bit further forward than Torreira but still providing that defensive grit. I’d take him.

I’d usually dismiss it out of hand simply cos Italians rarely leave Italy, but he’s said himself he likes the PL. I can see it happening, if we targeted Torreira then no reason why we wouldn’t target Barella, but there’ll be competition. Would have to be clever like we were with Torreira.

macka66

This would be a solid addition if this deal was ever to materialise. Only issue is i cant see him being cheap, Lucas was only cheap due to him having a release clause. If Ramsey goes then it will be interesting to see if he would be his replacement.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
After reading the BBC article about him and how highly former players like Pirlo rate him, I hope we can get him in January but I think its more likely next season and even then a lot of Italian clubs are after him

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Players we've signed from Italy have usually gone onto become legends for us.

Let's see.

Bergkamp, Vieira, Kanu, Henry, Torreria :) (looks like it will be based on early showings).

I am okay with Seria A imports.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Look at the performance from Torreira and Xhaka against Liverpool. It was a big performance, a man’s performance. They competed for every ball and used it well when they had it, that’s what you need to do against quality opposition.

As talented as Guendouzi and AMN are, I don’t think they’re capable of that sort of performance yet. Someone like Barella though, he has that maturity about him. The outstanding trait people mention is that he plays like a veteran midfielder. He competes for every ball and then he does something useful with it.

There are more technically gifted midfielders out there, and there are more physically imposing midfielders out there, but this guy might just be better than all of them.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom