• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Leicester City | October 22nd | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Who Would Win In A Fight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The first half was nervy and subdued and even though Leicester were better we fell to an unlucky OG. Özil's equaliser was quality and the timing was crucial. We rode our luck but there were also a few fouls against us that went unpunished. Auba's brace was just beautiful. We destroyed Leicester in such a short time and then strangled the life out of the game. There were little nerves for the last 2 minutes tbh. Credit to Bellerin for coming back so significantly from his OG. Every player put in a 7/10 performance. Credit to Xhaka fir being good on two positions. He gets hammered but deserves praise tonight. Licht has got some criticism, but out of position,he showed tremendous fight and fitness. Mustafi was also good but I think he might have shown more composure on occasion instead of launching himself at the ball.
Overall,it was a great game especially with most of the other top 6 winning and us under pressure to maintain the chase. As Emery said,we played with heart. COYG.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
TameMiserableAztecant-max-1mb.gif

I stand by my statement. We improved exponentially once we put on an extra midfielder (Guendouzi) to give us more control. The only thing is rather than sacrifice Özil as an AM, Emery sacrifices Mkhitaryan.

We don’t have enough of a base to build from the back and control possession in midfield with Xhaka + one other. Iwobi didn’t get a sexy assist or goal like Özil, but I think he and Torreira were our two best players today.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Özil was magnificent,the whole team was in the 2nd half tbh....but it was his game,he took over like only a superstar would... if only he did this consistently
On a side note we really need a young quality left back,Chilwell would be a good signing;unlike that overrated Macguire who's just an old fashioned low iq CB

sammy89

We're 2nd in terms of goals scored. Getting back in top 4 and getting our scoring boots back on were my goals for this season. Defense and title run will take a few transfer windows to sort out

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Btw, not impressed by Maguire at all. Physical yes, decent with the ball at his feet yes. Top quality CB? For me, not at all.
Think i'd take AG's suggestion and go with Mark Maguire.

There's an obsession with centre backs charging forward in this country. Vermaelen got a lot of love for it. Never mind he's leaving acres behind him, ffs.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Another kind of bizarre game. First 30 minutes we were being dominated, honestly could have been a couple of goals down. As the game went on and on we just took over. Our ruthlessness is dragging us through these games.

I have to say I'm waiting for the game where we fall a couple of goals down and this wave ends, it'll be interesting to see how we then respond. I thought it'd be today but we pulled through. Lots of room for improvement in defence but this will take time for Emery.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
You know things are strange when Chris Sutton and Graeme Souness is saying nice things about us. That's us jinxed...
Souness has often said nice things about us. He has a view about Arsenal and that is that we are great to watch but not solid enough when the big games come. He's has that view for years and all too often he's been proven right. Unlike other pundits I don't see him as anti-Arsenal.

Last edited:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Bellerin is saying exactly what I keep saying. The CMs are there to protect the full backs. Having two deeper players is exactly what has made us look better with Torreira or Guendouzi covering Hector has more freedom to attack. He is no longer in the half positions between attack and defence where he gets the blame for not being where the ball is in an either attacking or defending sense

Yep. It was pointed out earlier in the season this was a problem, but especially with Torreira coming in to the side and the players taking more and more to Emery's system the team looks a lot less vulnerable down the flanks with the CMs covering on both sides as well as for pushing high CBs.

I don't think it's a coincidence we look better defensively now with Torreira and Leno in the side as well as the defensive plan taking more shape.

I'm excited to see how it will work against the bigger teams. Against 'pool it will definitely be a fierce battle for second balls. We really need to keep them out of dangerous areas and break up their quick transitions through the middle. Let them have the ball in their half and on the wings.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I stand by my statement. We improved exponentially once we put on an extra midfielder (Guendouzi) to give us more control. The only thing is rather than sacrifice Özil as an AM, Emery sacrifices Mkhitaryan.

We don’t have enough of a base to build from the back and control possession in midfield with Xhaka + one other. Iwobi didn’t get a sexy assist or goal like Özil, but I think he and Torreira were our two best players today.

Agree we need more control in the middle, but Özil shouldn't be dropped for it to happen. Besides Özil is key in keeping our playing ticking in the final third, while someone like Mkhitaryan is more erratic.

Am sorry friends, i just gotta do this before ibgo to bed.
Laca-7.5
Mikhi-6
Iwobi-9
Özil -9.5
Torreira-9.5
Xhaka-7
Bellerine-8
Mustafi-8
Holding-6
Lich-7
Leno-8
Auba-9.5
Matteo-8
Ramsey-N/A.

Top performance today guys especially in the second half. We blitzed through them like lightening! Shout out to Iwobi or is it Okocha in disguise! Torreira and the captain! That is how the second highest paid player in the PL should play! UP THE GUNNERS
Edit: Bring on the scousers
COYG

Literally forgot he existed, let alone was subbed in. Won't be missed.
He played like he has given up on arsenal already! Let's just hope he won't continue like that cos we really need him the next few days and in December when the fixtures get messier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom