• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Leicester Owner's Helicopter Crash

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
RIP. Sad loss of five lives. Only consolation is how football comes together when these tragedies occur and forgets tribalisms.

I hate flying in choppers. This is not going to make me change my mind.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Dqn1IvzWsAgDyOW.jpg:large

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
There is almost always an element of histrionics in internet mourning for people you've never met and may have meant nothing to you until they died.

But sporting achievement aside - and the Leicester league title was about as close as it gets to a modern fairy-tale - and accepting we all have our faults, the Leicester owner seemed like a guy who was trying to contribute to the community where he'd bought his club. That is the common theme emerging in many of the comments being made by local people.

What a difference to the scumbags who have taken over our great club.

CanadianGooner1608

This is really gutwrenching.

He seemed an owner who deeply cared about his club and the city. My thoughts are with his family, the families of the other four victims the club, supporters and all residents of Leicester.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I wish all the Leicester fans and the family al the best, heartbroken by the news really.

Malky

Established Member
Seems like the type of guy you'd be proud to have owning your football club - bought it for the right reasons, with the intention of not only to help the club gain success, but to improve the city of Leicester as a whole, and doing so out of his own pocket.
The way that, not only the players, but staff at the King Power, and the fans speak about him, show what a humble and generous man he was

One of the real good guys in football.

Life can be so cruel! :(

Malky

Established Member
I wonder how the reaction would be by the Arsenal fanbase if this happened to Stan Kroenke.
There would be a hugely different reaction.

Vichai bought Leicester, cleared their debt, brought them up from the Championship to Premier League Champions and attends every single game. He impacted the lives of not only the players, or even the fans, but all the people within Leicester with his donations towards the community. Even for the fans the little things like giving away free season tickets or even just free food and drinks that he regularly done would of meant alot. From what staff members are saying he wouldn't walk past one of them, regardless of their position within the club, without wishing them a good day.

Kroenke doesn't even go to our games! Probably has no idea who most of our players are and has done nothing for our club except use it for his own financial gain.
Ours is an owner who, if i remember, was trying to get people evicted from their homes so he could extend his ranch, compared to Vichai, who was donating millions of his own money towards the community to help fund the local hospital.
Football has lost one of the genuine good guys.

Last edited:

macka66

Whatever team any one supports when something tragic happens everyone comes together. What he did for that club was nothing short of spectacular and was a fairytale itself. My thoughts are with everyone associated, the whole football community are with you.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
I don't wish this on him (or on more or less anyone) but I wish he'd get out of the Arsenal and I never have to hear from him again.
Well his Rams look like they'll make a Superbowl run this season. We are just trying to make top 4.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom