• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WilshereGone

Literally world class, one of the best midfielders in the league.

I have loved every attack over the last year from the 'experts' on here who didn't rate him. Literally just ran the midfield against one of the best sides in the league.

Oh wait, sorry, he can't do it against a side that presses :lol:
I'll give you your props, your boy came through.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I must confess that Xhaka’s been better that I expected this season. I find myself making the Xabi Alonso comparison more often, and that’s high praise.

pikey2000

Very encouraging indeed, its becoming clear to me how much the side lacked passion and fight in the last few years with Wenger, Xhaka hasn't changed too much in his game under Emery, to me he just wants it more, all down to that extra 10-15% effort, same can be said of Özil, defo playing with more drive, passion and effort.

Lovely to watch our team fight man 2 man side by side.

TheArsenalis

I must confess that Xhaka’s been better that I expected this season. I find myself making the Xabi Alonso comparison more often, and that’s high praise.
You hear so much **** about the guy. That without paying close attention you would make your mind up based of what people say.

He knows how to work the opposition striker and when to stretch their defence.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You hear so much **** about the guy. That without paying close attention you would make your mind up based of what people say.

He knows how to work the opposition striker and when to stretch their defence.
That’s true, but his decision making has improved or is quicker, and as a result, he’s not caught on the ball or have to make rash tackles as often. It could also be a factor of better organization in midfield. If you’d told me last season that he could play emergency LB and not be caught out much, I’d have been incredulous.

progman07

Established Member
Literally world class, one of the best midfielders in the league.

I have loved every attack over the last year from the 'experts' on here who didn't rate him. Literally just ran the midfield against one of the best sides in the league.

Oh wait, sorry, he can't do it against a side that presses :lol:
You put it like he performed like this every game in his Arsenal career. If he was, there would have been nobody disputing his quality.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I hate to do this because I feel he has performed very well this season and often gets undeserved criticism. However, looking at the goal we conceded again, I think he's most responsible it.

The spotlight is on Leno because of where the ball ended up, but isn't it odd that Milner got an shot off uncontested? Well, looking at the replays, you see that Xhaka didn't track his run into the box.

It's one moment, and shouldn't overshadow a generally good performance, but he should be doing better there. We were unlucky to see the ball end up where it did, but Granit should still have tracked Milner anticipating a possible cutback from Mane or something of the sort.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I hate to do this because I feel he has performed very well this season and often gets undeserved criticism. However, looking at the goal we conceded again, I think he's most responsible it.

The spotlight is on Leno because of where the ball ended up, but isn't it odd that Milner got an shot off uncontested? Well, looking at the replays, you see that Xhaka didn't track his run into the box.

It's one moment, and shouldn't overshadow a generally good performance, but he should be doing better there. We were unlucky to see the ball end up where it did, but Granit should still have tracked Milner anticipating a possible cutback from Mane or something of the sort.

Sorry, but watch this video and the 0:00 second of this.

Watch where Milner is and watch where Xhaka is.

You could blame possible every player on the pitch for this.
You could say "Why Auba is walking back and not tracking Milner there?

It's not possible to be close to every player the whole time.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Sorry, but watch this video and the 0:00 second of this.

Watch where Milner is and watch where Xhaka is.

You could blame possible every player on the pitch for this.
You could say "Why Auba is walking back and not tracking Milner there?

It's not possible to be close to every player the whole time.
They were attacking quickly, and our defenders could barely cover their players in that play. Xhaka should definitely be thinking about getting back at that point. He had a fair distance to cover, but it was doable, and he didn't do it because he was lightly jogging. Milner shouldn't be wide open. Period. And it definitely is Xhaka's job, your comment about Auba is silly because that's tactically and positionally just not his job.

Beast Incarnate

Xhaka and Torreira ate starting to look like a formidable partnership.

Xhaka was class tonight. Probably his best game in an Arsenal shirt considering the opposition.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
They were attacking quickly, and our defenders could barely cover their players in that play. Xhaka should definitely be thinking about getting back at that point. He had a fair distance to cover, but it was doable, and he didn't do it because he was lightly jogging. Milner shouldn't be wide open. Period. And it definitely is Xhaka's job, your comment about Auba is silly because that's tactically and positionally just not his job.

Then look at Torreira and his position.
He is nearly on the same line like Xhaka.

They attacked quickly and it was impossible to get behind the ball or back to the player so quickly, even Bellerin couldn't come close to Mane.

Of course the perfect scenario would be, that Xhaka and Torreira would be already in our box and could clear the rebound.
But i would never say it was his fault.

It's not like he was close to him and let him go easily.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I ain’t gonna lie he’s been trash since he’s been here. However, he has definitely improved and I can see why he was signed.

Seems he just needed a bit more direction and a plan. The hug he gave Emery last match was so telling. I actually wondered why he didn’t take more set pieces but then I remembered Özil the higher paid left footer.

TheArsenalis

Really? You could say so but that point the players who couldve done anything was there in the box, holding Mustafa Leno. 1 When that ball comes out the box nobody was close to Milner, 2 milner just happen to be the player there. Not every goal a player was responsible, no liverpool player was to be blamed for our goal.

We got caught accept it, xhaka and torrierra was tracking back, but none could get to him in time.

TheArsenalis

I ain’t gonna lie he’s been trash since he’s been here. However, he has definitely improved and I can see why he was signed.

Seems he just needed a bit more direction and a plan. The hug he gave Emery last match was so telling. I actually wondered why he didn’t take more set pieces but then I remembered Özil the higher paid left footer.
He hasn't improved.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Then look at Torreira and his position.
He is nearly on the same line like Xhaka.

They attacked quickly and it was impossible to get behind the ball or back to the player so quickly, even Bellerin couldn't come close to Mane.

Of course the perfect scenario would be, that Xhaka and Torreira would be already in our box and could clear the rebound.
But i would never say it was his fault.

It's not like he was close to him and let him go easily.

There were a few errors there even before Leno , first Bellerin , then Mustafi and Leno the biggest one .

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
He was my man of the match by far. I'm critical of him but he totally killed it last night against opposition I thought he'd likely struggle. He took the game like a boss and imposed himself with or without the ball but didn't lose it emotionally for a moment. I mean he was calm and efficient in deeper areas while strong in the tackles or duels but also when he stepped up he attacked with purpose as well as confidence.

That was the Xhaka to fall in love with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom