• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thierry Henry: The King Stay The King

Gunner140

tumblr_ov7slaklxl1um6qz2o1_540.gif

I think that Henry has already lost the dressing room at Monaco.

WilshereGone

Hate that it had to be Thierry. Jardim should have never been sacked in the first place, and in some ways Monaco deserve this, but ffs why did it have to be Henry. Still hope he can turn this around somehow.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Henry already having a Jose like meltdown blaming the players. Always thought Henry and Vieira have too much ego to become good managers unlike Arteta and GVB who I see succeeding.

Which is why I never thought he would be suited to a manager , maybe he has the technical and tactical side down pat but his personality is all me me me which is important as a striker but not so good as a manager .

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Which is why I never thought he would be suited to a manager , maybe he has the technical and tactical side down pat but his personality is all me me me which is important as a striker but not so good as a manager .

I honestly think a lot of guys don't have the tactical side down. Especially if you look at the pundit guys. It's very different to look at play that has already happened and point out the reasons, and planning before hand.

I've nver heard anything substantial in terms of tactics from guys like Neville or Henry. It's just basic blabber and analyzing plays in post, which makes it easier to point to the crucial moments.

I think a lot of these guys also lack the determination to actually do the job and the experience and ability of knowing what drills and methods will get their ideas into a team.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
As much as I like Henry for what he gave us as a player, I cant help but smile that his managerial career is a disaster so far. He's always come across as arrogant, this may help as a player but not as a manager. The main reason though is his life as a pundit, any ex-player who can sit and criticise managers yet they haven't tried the job themselves, deserves their comeuppance.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
As much as I like Henry for what he gave us as a player, I cant help but smile that his managerial career is a disaster so far. He's always come across as arrogant, this may help as a player but not as a manager. The main reason though is his life as a pundit, any ex-player who can sit and criticise managers yet they haven't tried the job themselves, deserves their comeuppance.
So basically noone can criticise anyone who havent done it themselves?

Surely you know that mindset is ridicilious?

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
If it wasn't for the prospect of being forced to work alongside John Terry, which frankly noone should be subjected to, I'd say he would have been alot better off taking the Villa job.

BobP

Memri Fan
I honestly think a lot of guys don't have the tactical side down. Especially if you look at the pundit guys. It's very different to look at play that has already happened and point out the reasons, and planning before hand.

I've nver heard anything substantial in terms of tactics from guys like Neville or Henry. It's just basic blabber and analyzing plays in post, which makes it easier to point to the crucial moments.

I think a lot of these guys also lack the determination to actually do the job and the experience and ability of knowing what drills and methods will get their ideas into a team.

They don't respect the trade.

Not one of them has served an apprenticeship.

Wenger spent a total of 6 years working as a youth coach and then as an assistant manager.

Favre spent a total of 4 years working with youth players. In fact, Favre opted to take a step back and work as an academy manager, despite having already worked as a manager, something which speaks to his maturity in wanting to develop a more holistic understanding of how football clubs operate.

Across 10 years, Mourinho worked as a school coach, youth coach, assistant manager, scout, and as an interpreter.

By comparison, both Neville and Henry walked into top jobs after working as part time assistant managers for a national team.

Absolute joke.

Wryer

Personality.

Having a vavavoom personality just doesn't cut it for a club managers. It's a different animal. I wouldn't surprised his personality rubbed off the players the wrong way. I certainly hope the best for him, but some people are just never meant to be the No. 1. And that's no disrespect, some people just functions best as the unassuming no. 2 or support cast.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
So basically noone can criticise anyone who havent done it themselves?

Surely you know that mindset is ridicilious?

I suppose when you put it like that, it does! :) Still think he's a crap pundit though and proving to be the same level at management!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom