• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just read that him and Sancho are good mates and he hopes they can play together some day. Also found out that Sancho actually wanted to stay in England but City wouldn't let him come to us (or Sp**s). C*nts.

I don't think a European superteam will be his next move so hopefully we can get him here with some assistance from agent Nelson. Playing at the top level with one of your closest friends in your home city might just be worth something.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Just read that him and Sancho are good mates and he hopes they can play together some day. Also found out that Sancho actually wanted to stay in England but City wouldn't let him come to us (or Sp**s). C*nts.

I don't think a European superteam will be his next move so hopefully we can get him here with some assistance from agent Nelson. Playing at the top level with one of your closest friends in your home city might just be worth something.
Dembele isn't enough, so my boy Trilly has created another pipe dream.

Lovely stuff.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Dembele isn't enough, so my boy Trilly has created another pipe dream.

Lovely stuff.
I gave up on Dembele pretty much instantly. He was doing too much too soon for a side like us to be able to sign him. Go watch some some clips of his first season in professional football, Grimandi would never spot talent like that.:lol:

Sancho is a little more realistic but I'm just commenting on the transfer, I don't expect us to sign him or even get linked to him, promising as he is I would like to see more before wanting us to seriously go for him at the price he would cost. City have first refusal option on him anyway which makes it even more unlikely.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Iwobi! The most improved arsenal player this year (arguably)! Candidate for a young player of the season so far! You are clearly taking the piss mate, aren't ya!?

Would take Sancho over Iwobi anytime. Sancho is a special special player.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If Sancho had any desire to be here probably would have been part of the Alexis deal that last week of 2017 summer window.

Hard to see the route now with our budgets.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't think it is too crazy to imagine Sancho and Nelson at Arsenal. Nelson will obviously be back next season, and I can see Sancho staying at Dortmund through 2020.

I could see them possibly arriving a season apart, but this summer would require a big squad reshuffle to bring both of them in, and I'm not sure we're able to do that.

Right now we don't play with any wingers so bringing in two would be tough.

Welbeck and Ramsey are probably going to leave this summer and that should create the space for Nelson. Smith Rowe and Nketiah will both be looking for minutes next season too, and sending one or both of them on loan to Germany could be a good idea.

Also, it will be interesting to see how Nagelsmann develops Nelson because he appears to be playing both centrally and on the wing. This flexibility would be great for Emery.

I don't think City's first refusal will be that big of an issue especially if they get a cut of the transfer if Sancho goes somewhere else. City already has Sane, Sterling, Mahrez and Bernardo Silva as wingers, and a couple of youngsters coming through, so they don't need Sancho.

Sven's connection to Dortmund and Sancho's friendship with Nelson could put us in prime position to sign him.

LG10

Sancho will cost 100+M, we’re not getting him. We have Nelson anyways who is closer to Sancho ability wise than people think. Would prefer us to go for a left footed winger.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I think it was actually good for him. A big part of him leaving Watford for Man City was to get away from some of the bad influences in his life off the pitch, being in a different a country where he can just concentrate on football has allowed him to flourish. Wish Ravel Morrison had tried the same thing when he was young, another ridiculous talent who could've made a similar impact to Sancho.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Imagine shifting Welbeck/Iwobi and Mhiki for Sancho and Nelson. My God that's sexy.

You leave Iwobi ALONE

Mkith cant leave fast enough thou imo

If Ramsey leaves Iwobi will get more time as cm anyway

So plenty of playing time for both Reiss and sancho anyway

Do we have a get back early clause?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Still pretty much a moments guy at the moment but the technical ability of a Hale End graduate is there to see. When he does get on the ball he's tricky to tackle. We knew his pace, agility and dribbling would translate to pretty much any level but it's nice to see that the speed of thought is still there: he's still got that eye for a pass or composed shot at goal in a crowded box. You could argue that what Reiss is doing is more difficult compared to Sancho who has benefitted greatly from transition offence (counter-attacks).

He will have to earn the respect of his teammates (far from guaranteed) because at the moment they have the collective decision making ability of a drunk moth. At first I thought they were jealous of the kid but they're all just greedy ****ers, I think being a young kid who isn't quite ready to give his teammates an earful for ignoring an open pass isn't helping him either but it's a minor issue anyway. That wouldn't happen to him here.

Well put. People are raving about Sancho but what Nelson is doing jus incredible. It's his first season there. Sancho is in his second. He is on loan. Sancho is actually part of the team. Nelson is surrounded by greedy individuals who think they are better than they actually are. Sancho is in a team top of the league and playing with Reus ffs. Yet Nelson is arguably more efficient.

Nelson would have more assists and goals if his teammates were competent.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Another interesting point is that Sancho has zero responsibility defensively. He doesn't track back.

Nelson is playing centre forward and averaging 1.7 tackles per game to Sanchos 0.2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom