• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

marting

I would be trying to keep Danny, not only for the english quota but for the fact his our third striker. He will be needed at some point this season and currently is being used in cup/europa games which would otherwise require first team assets. Whilst 10m for him might be lovely, i would rather lose the 10m and know we have a useful backup who can cover mutliple roles across the front line. If his sold he would need to be replaced so wages saved?

pikey2000

The thing its its not entirely down to us, if for example Danny wants to be a premier league starter we can't offer him that so even if we have offered him a contract he may well have declined it, so in that scenario you sale him in January to recoup as much as you can, which given the fact we paid £16m for him is not a big loss.

I'm sure the club are not completely against giving him a new contract however it would need to be one that suits us as well as him i.e we don't want to give him 3 years as we can see the next gen coming through Nketiah/Nelson and even Smith-Rowe, so we would be looking at 1 year extension or 2 years max whereas he probably wants a decent contract to take him into his 30's so its not that hard to see how despite both parties being on good terms an agreement just cannot be reached.

Ill be happy if he extends but i won't be surprised if we cash in.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Feel bad for him because of the contract situation. The club will probably let him rehab with us (if the rehab goes beyond his contract length) but i doubt anyone is going to be offering him a contract before he's fully fit. Hopefully he's able to get back to fitness before the end of the season and play a few games.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Life/Football is not fair.

So good in form, already so many injuries and then an injury like this, which can happen to everyone.

Get well son Wele!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Hope he gets well soon and that the club will treat him fairly. At times it is easy to forget that the players put their bodies on the line day in and day out and that there is always the chance that this is their last game. I have never been a fan of Welbeck the player but now he deserves all the support the club and fans can give him!

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Very unfortunate. Never been a fan as a player but was just warming up to him and thinking he's a vital asset. He seems like a great guy and well liked in the dressing room. Devastating injury at a crucial stage of his career.

Get well soon, Danny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom