• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Think the supporters that were around during Pep's Barca period knew this too . They were utterly superb in the dark arts . They'd foul subtly without the ball and then go down like a wet bag in 50/50's .

It's been the foundation of his game forever, in exactly the way @Trilly highlighted in his David Silva example. Absolutely hate Guardiola. Biggest fraud of a manager there is to me. Says he is about positive football, but excessively uses fouling and ref bias. Had the crop of football for his greatest success and failed to replicate that since then. Makes his teams play great football, but can only use the most expensive and best players for his brand. I highly doubt he'd have any success with a medicore squad or at a team where he cannot exchange half the squad in one transfer window with endless cash reserves. Relies on doping for his players to get through a season with the high physical demands of his game. Take away the money and drugs from him and he's a nothing man. Without his name and the fortune of having the trust of the Barca hierachey when switching from Barca B to A, the guy would be a nothing man. Look up Alexander Zorniger, his history and play style - he's exactly Guardiola without the money. Breathtaking attacking play, but players not on drugs and a fallible defense - he build the offensively most exciting pressing Stuttgart team of the last 20 years but couldn't for the life of him get it right - cause he lacked the players and the players he had lacked the stamina. If Stuttgart had the money of City or Barca to get the players Zorniger needed, he would be managing City by now. He's now managing Brondby in Denmark with relative success. And that's where Guardiola would be if not for his name, drugs and the money everyone gives him.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
It's been the foundation of his game forever, in exactly the way @Trilly highlighted in his David Silva example. Absolutely hate Guardiola. Biggest fraud of a manager there is to me. Says he is about positive football, but excessively uses fouling and ref bias. Had the crop of football for his greatest success and failed to replicate that since then. Makes his teams play great football, but can only use the most expensive and best players for his brand. I highly doubt he'd have any success with a medicore squad or at a team where he cannot exchange half the squad in one transfer window with endless cash reserves. Relies on doping for his players to get through a season with the high physical demands of his game. Take away the money and drugs from him and he's a nothing man. Without his name and the fortune of having the trust of the Barca hierachey when switching from Barca B to A, the guy would be a nothing man. Look up Alexander Zorniger, his history and play style - he's exactly Guardiola without the money. Breathtaking attacking play, but players not on drugs and a fallible defense - he build the offensively most exciting pressing Stuttgart team of the last 20 years but couldn't for the life of him get it right - cause he lacked the players and the players he had lacked the stamina. If Stuttgart had the money of City or Barca to get the players Zorniger needed, he would be managing City by now. He's now managing Brondby in Denmark with relative success. And that's where Guardiola would be if not for his name, drugs and the money everyone gives him.
wtf man
did Pep kill your dog?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

wtf man
did Pep kill your dog?

If his dog was starting a counter-attack then it's a very real possibility. Of course Pep when then say in his press conference that it wasn't his plan and that there's nothing more he likes see that oppositions dogs run freely in the park. Real ones know the truth though.

Toby

wtf man
did Pep kill your dog?

No. I just loathe people being falsely lauded and these people showing absolutely no integrity or ethos at all.

The man shifts blame, is a liar, a cheat and has never proven he can work with any player given to him. He's tied to doping, he's an unlikeable know it all, and loves to push people. He gives the impression of a very small character. Can't shake my feeling of him being a snake. And besides the core crew of his Barca team, there have been many players saying exactly that: Guardiola is a small and vile man. Making himself out to be all about joga bonito and positive football and crying about being fouled when his teams are some of the dirtiest around just highlights that perfectly. Simeone gets scolded for the overuse of tactical fouling, Pep comes away with it 'cause his PR team styled him as some sort of football Obama. If it's about me he can **** right off back to Catalonia.

He did a good job at Barca B, but to completely discharge the notion of him happening into the best Barca team of all times after that is blind idolization. And then even with the financial backing of Bayern and City he could never reproduce that success. It all just highly suggests to me he's just not as good as most people see him. He basically corrects his tactical failures with cash and drugs - just smash opponents with better players who can run more. And yeah, his offensive play looks neat when his teams are on song, but that doesn't make him less of a fraud to me. And like I said, there's other guys out there who manage to coach very similar offensive styles into far worse teams, also come short at the defensive end but then just lack the money and drugs to counteract that.

To me, he's by no means one of the best fives managers around, maybe not even in the top 10.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I'm in agreement with TNN and Toby on the part about the narrative re Joe Pep. His teams have always been as dirty as Mou's or any other manager out there. Probably worse. He's picked the best clubs with the best resources and teams everywhere he has gone.

He is a great manager and a tactical genius though which I don't doubt. Practically, almost all players develop under him while the standard of football in whichever league he goes to improves with him. The quality of football on show is just amazing.

The narratives are pretty annoying though.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
To me, he's by no means one of the best fives managers around, maybe not even in the top 10.

So, all the recruiting teams that pay so much to hire him and sign the players he wants for success are stupid? I'm not so sure. Bayern were probably naive to get him of course because he was never the type of manager they needed, but let's give him some more time for City. This season actually he should go for the CL, all the big teams are ****, no more excuses left.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Are Man City, at the moment, the best team in the world?

Toby

Are Man City, at the moment, the best team in the world?

Don't think there's a best team right now. The top spot of football seems pretty open to me now that Real have dropped off after the Zidane and Ronaldo exits.

Every big team out there has significant weaknesses as of now. I might be a bit biased here, but I believe Dortmund have massive potential to come close to the moniker over the course of the season.

Their young defence gets better by the minute and I believe they can hurt anyone. Favre even seems to get Gotze back on track slowly and if Reus stays healthy for a prolonged period he's absolute worldclass - definitely up there with Bale, Hazard, De Bruyne et al. Some forget how good he actually is 'cause of his long stints on the sidelines. If Delaney was fit and had started on Saturday I'm sure Bayern wouldn't have scored two goals. They had an off day against Atletico last week just before the important Bayern game, but bulldozed them off the park in the first leg - one of the best defensive machines out there.

ptrcopp

I found out about this last season when it turned out they had the most fouls of any team when adjusted for possession. Pep is probably laughing at the fact it took them so long to question him about it.

It makes you wonder what the referee association does all day. You would think that any ref about to officiate a city game would be told something along the lines ‘they commit a lot of tactical fouls remember this’.

It’s ridiculous when you think about how they get away with it but the players disguise it well. They’re told to foul almost immediately regardless of if it’s a dangerous break so a lot of the time it just looks like little David Silva lost the ball and was simply over eager with the press. This looks a lot more innocent than letting the attack develop and then making a foul.

It’s not only this it’s where the fouls take place. They don’t wait for the opposition to begin a counter attack, the fouls stop it even beginning. Yes Fernandinho has the most fouls and tackles, but B Silva is second with tackles and Sterling is second with fouls. This means,
1) it isn’t stopping an attack beginning, even if it is a cynical challenge, so doesn’t warrant a yellow by how the rules are allowed to manifest in practice (I say this because if there was no obvious intention to play the ball it should always be a yellow, always has been, but it’s never enforced like this)
2) It looks like it’s part of the press that has gone too far. So again it doesn’t look too cynical.

Tir Na Nog

At this very moment City are the best team and have by far the strongest squad in world football. The CL HAS to be their aim.

Toby

At this very moment City are the best team and have by far the strongest squad in world football. The CL HAS to be their aim.

They wont win it. A team like Liverpool or Dortmund will beat them. No idea who will win it though.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
They wont win it. A team like Liverpool or Dortmund will beat them. No idea who will win it though.

Very likely either of those goes out to some other team after having an off day, you don't need to beat everybody to win da ting.

Tir Na Nog

Juve might just do it this time, the last two years it was essentially Ronaldo who knocked them (one being in the final). Now they don't need to worry about that. 3 years ago it was MSN in the final and in 2016 very unlucky vs Bayern after extra time. They've been very close.

Toby

Juve might just do it this time, the last two years it was essentially Ronaldo who knocked them (one being in the final). Now they don't need to worry about that. 3 years ago it was MSN in the final and in 2016 very unlucky vs Bayern after extra time. They've been very close.

Also think Juve might just do it this time with Ronaldo. I'd say it's quite open this season with all major teams bar City struggling or lacking quality in certain areas.

Just don't think City will do it; might just be that they and Guardiola have too much of a CL bottlers feeling about them to me after all those years underachieving and I'm wrong and they do it. But on the other hand last season they got thrashed by Liverpool with basically the exact same squad - although Klopp's men were playing a fantastic season and feel worse this year. City still feel like a rather underdog team will put a stick into their spokes again. Wouldn't be surprised if they meet Dortmund in the knockouts and Favre tears Guardiola a new one.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
And then even with the financial backing of Bayern and City he could never reproduce that success. It all just highly suggests to me he's just not as good as most people see him. He basically corrects his tactical failures with cash and drugs - just smash opponents with better players who can run more.

"With better players who can run more"

I have no feelings for this Club, because they have a financial cheat without consequences. I can completely understand, that someone hates City and Guardiola.

But i don't know hot it is possible to deny, that Guardiola isn't making many players much better.

Of course he already had worldclass players like De Bruyne and Agüero, but even these players made a huge step under him.

Stones, Laporte, Otamendi, Fernandinho, David Silva, Sane, Sterling, Bernado Silva...

Many of them were nothing special before Guardiola arrived.
You can watch an Otamendi for Argentinia and the Otamendi for City - probably two different players.

It's a team for many many years and with many young players he is absolutely dominating the Premier League.

And now don't say me it is because of Doping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom