• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Useless International matches

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Good to see Aaron displaying his skills for Wales.

Now he’s not playing much for us, good showcase for onlooking managers.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Memphis has screwed Lloris with that lob penalty.

Great performance from him and Netherlands to beat France..

I think Deschamps will not take this France to another level he plays far to negative, you need to play to the quality of your players, Wenger would be a great option to fullfill their potential.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Deschamps will not take this France to another level he plays far to negative, you need to play to the quality of your players, Wenger would be a great option to fullfill their potential.
Agreed. Though I thought France had enough to win that game with any manager, with all respect to Holland.

Just felt that Koeman had prepared and motivated the players. Holland seemed to know which players to target.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What do you mean, NOW their reputation is in the ****ter? When was it not?:lol:

Sad but the average bloke on the street didn’t know or care about Saudi involvement in Yemen until the whole Turkish embassy debacle.

The west tries to ignore what they get up to, it’s only now they’re getting dragged big time.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Sad but the average bloke on the street didn’t know or care about Saudi involvement in Yemen until the whole Turkish embassy debacle.

The west tries to ignore what they get up to, it’s only now they’re getting dragged big time.
But in general, I think most people are aware of Saudi Arabia's track record on human rights and involvement in 9/11 etc. You're probably right about the West ignoring all that ****, tbf, though. What a ****ed up country.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

These guys :lol: How crooked can you possibly get?

Infantino really is worse than Blatter. Sepp was a corrupt **** but at least he actually liked the game. Infantino is a corrupt **** that doesn't even care about football - he's just all about the money and the power in the worst way possible. And worst off all the ousting of Blatter and the following investigations didn't shake FIFA up, them going nowhere just showed Infantino & Co they can do whatever the **** they want without anyone seriously coming for them.

FIFA are going to help the Saudis clean up their image 'cause Gianni and his henchmen can make a buck...unbelievable.

If any footballers and/or FAs have a spine they protest Qatar and Saudi Arabia in 2022. I know all the talk about how them not going won't annul the tournament so they just shoot themselves in the foot losing out on the chance to play a World Cup, but come on...If they actually had morals they'd do it nonetheless or at least come out and finally criticize FIFA. A WC without big nations or star players would be a let down or at least a sign. You can't just stick your head into the sand and go with anything arguing "It will happen though no matter what I do 'cause FIFA only care about the money". We sincerely need more aware, educated, critical voices from players.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If any footballers and/or FAs have a spine they protest Qatar and Saudi Arabia in 2022. I know all the talk about how them not going won't annul the tournament so they just shoot themselves in the foot losing out on the chance to play a World Cup, but come on...If they actually had morals they'd do it nonetheless or at least come out and finally criticize FIFA. A WC without big nations or star players would be a let down or at least a sign. You can't just stick your head into the sand and go with anything arguing "It will happen though no matter what I do 'cause FIFA only care about the money". We sincerely need more aware, educated, critical voices from players.

You and I both know it’ll never happen. I’m not sure if it’s always been this way but football has become something awful, it’s all just about money.

The human rights abuses will be flagged up in a couple years time right before the tournament for a week. Then they’ll talk about what a well organised tournament the Saudi’s put on and the passion they have for the game.

Look at the Europa League final being held in Azerbaijan ffs. Jokes.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
You and I both know it’ll never happen. I’m not sure if it’s always been this way but football has become something awful, it’s all just about money.

The human rights abuses will be flagged up in a couple years time right before the tournament for a week. Then they’ll talk about what a well organised tournament the Saudi’s put on and the passion they have for the game.

Look at the Europa League final being held in Azerbaijan ffs. Jokes.

Football is one of the worst sports in that regard. In Alpine Skiing are a couple of guys and girls who butt heads every season with the FIS for various reasons - safety issues, conditions, the racing schedule, bad conditions for skiers with high starting numbers, etc. They open their mouths and they are heard and it's not just average guys, it's the top athletes. They know if they don't say something nothing will change. And most every time they complain they actually attack the FIS for making it about the money stating the sport isn't about the money but the competition and the athletes and that they won't acceppt higher risks or a draining schedule just so the head organizations can take away more cash.

I don't know if he had followed through cause he got injured before the Olympics in Korea, but Felix Neureuther, the best german alpine skier, was about to not attend the tournament for bad conditions and political reasons, saying to the IOC it was only about the money, but they disregarded the safety of athletes, the natural conditions and all the political contexts of such a tournament in that region and none of the financial gains going to the population. In Sochi, he did attend but he came out every week and publicly voiced his concerns about the whole thing. Footballers should really take note.

But it seems easier to hop on the nationalism train and attack Özil, ala Kroos, than grow some balls and talk about serious stuff. ****ing mongrel that Kroos.

This is so infuriating. They did the same with Russia. As if human rights violations and organizing a football tournament had any correlation or causality. I remember ****ing Kahn's voice on TV saying **** like that. "Yez, yez...but this is not about politics and they were soo nice and they organized it soo well!" And the most horrible part: "This really changed how I see Russia." Yeah, well, that's why Abu Dhabi, Qatar and the Saudis buy football clubs and tournaments - cause it's ****ing public relations and helps them clean their image.

Last edited:
Top Bottom