• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So we're comparing PEA to CR7, Neymar, Robben and Mbappe? WPOY, once in a generation talent, hottest teenager on the block in the World of soccer and you're talking about a cat who's only claim to fame is in the Bundesliga? Come on man.
So you just gonna ignored the rest of the paragraph about Arshavin ?

And how you completely missed the point that only in Arsenal a player that contributes in offense get critics for his defense?
"Yeah this guy is our top scorer / top assists maker but he sucks cause he can't defend"
I have been here for years and I am tired of this BS. Arshavin, Özil, Walcott (the only one justified for this critic cause he wasn't firing goals) have all been under the same argument.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lacazette is better at some things but overall Auba is our star striker and we need to start utilize him before we completely break his confidence. This guy is a goal scoring machine and he is a lot better than Lacazette at attacking the 6 yard box. Lacazette doesn't even know what that means he is so bad at it.

We are not scoring enough goals and we are not creating enough chances but yet we have two very good finishers. It says to me that the balance in the attack is not right. More of a creator on the left wing and more of a goal scorer up front is what we need imo.

I can't believe this is the day I agree with @hydrofluoric acid
Our goal tally looks great however if you look closely
https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/13/Show/England-Arsenal
26 goals total
7 from PEA, 5 from Laca and 1 from Wellbz that's 13 from our forwards
3 from Özil 2 from Mhki 2 from Xhaka 1 from Iwobi and 1 from Ramsey 9 from our midfielders

get one of our forward into off-form, and we will enter 2015 season again when we were too dependent on Giroud - Alexis goals and they were off form causing our catastrophic downfall.
Cause we don't have a back up striker or a goal hungry midfielder to patch the goals needed

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Wait are we really going on the "all PEA does is score goals" narrative? Like that's what we haven't been crying out from a striker for ages. :lol:

He's on fire from out of position, imagine the figures he'd be racking up with him in his actual position. Give this guy service and he'll score, and unlike certain strikers he actually looks to get in behind.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
He is our best striker by some distance. A better balance to our attack will be found if given time with Auba up top.
If he was our best striker by some distance then he wouldn’t have spent most of this season as a super sub in the league and as our designated EL striker.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I find the Lacazette or Aubameyang argument so interesting because both sides case really strong arguments. Playing Aubameyang up top alone though without Lacazette just wouldn't work for me imo. To easy to defend one goal scorer, we need more options which is why it's currently working atm.

Lowkey wouldn't mind seeing Lacazette on the wing, because with the way we currently play he'd be find linking up with our LB and Auba, plus the defensive work. However very much doubt we'd see that.

I find the Lacazette or Aubameyang argument so interesting because both sides case really strong arguments. Playing Aubameyang up top alone though without Lacazette just wouldn't work for me imo. To easy to defend one goal scorer, we need more options which is why it's currently working atm.

Lowkey wouldn't mind seeing Lacazette on the wing, because with the way we currently play he'd be find linking up with our LB and Auba, plus the defensive work. However very much doubt we'd see that.

It is also easy to defend against two goal scorers it appears. With two goal scorers we seems to lack the creativity and teams are having easier time stopping us to do some real danger in the final third. A better balance is needed!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It is also easy to defend against two goal scorers it appears. With two goal scorers we seems to lack the creativity and teams are having easier time stopping us to do some real danger in the final third. A better balance is needed!

It's all well and good having goal-scorers but when you're not creating the chances for them because you've got a goal-scorer on the wing while the other wide options are a bit inconsistent, then it becomes a bit redundant. Also doesn't help when your CF drops deep into the 10 position a lot even though we've already got a number 10.

It's all well and good having goal-scorers but when you're not creating the chances for them because you've got a goal-scorer on the wing while the other wide options are a bit inconsistent, then it becomes a bit redundant. Also doesn't help when your CF drops deep into the 10 position a lot even though we've already got a number 10.

Yeah Lacazette has scored some beautys this season but one of his many weaknesses has always been to attack the six yard box, so maybe that is why Emery like to have Aubameyang in the first team even it is out wide. To have someone horny and ready to attack in the penalty box. Hope with more work under Emery Lacazette will get more hornier.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
You also kinda make it sound like scoring is just about waiting in the box til you get the ball, but there's so much more to it in terms of movement, so these guys already bring more than goals to the table..

"tap ins" are seriously underrated, there's a reason why only some players seems to be able to consistently score easy goals and that's because of elite movement to be in that scoring position in the first place.

This is a good example, elite movement to get that easy header.. That's also ignoring how this movement frees up space for others to operate in too.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

But it's not like we've been struggling to score so I don't see the problem and can't see a better solution until we bring someone else in.

But it's not like we've been struggling to score so I don't see the problem and can't see a better solution until we bring someone else in.

We have been clinical but we have struggled to create chances IMO. Just recently against Wolves we had 72% possession and we only had 10 shoots, 3 on goal while Wolves had 13 shoots, 5 on goal. I think we can improve here with better balance!

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

We have been clinical but we have struggled to create chances IMO. Just recently against Wolves we had 72% possession and we only had 10 shoots, 3 on goal while Wolves had 13 shoots, 5 on goal. I think we can improve here with better balance!

That's only one game though. I just don't know who takes the wing position if we shift Auba centre? Currently imo, Mhki isn't good enough and Aubameyang would get isolated and marked out the game.

That's only one game though. I just don't know who takes the wing position if we shift Auba centre? Currently imo, Mhki isn't good enough and Aubameyang would get isolated and marked out the game.

Feels like there have been more games where we have struggled even if we managed to be clinical in the end. Even with the unbeaten run I think most would be in agreement the attack need just as much work as the defense.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Feels like there have been more games where we have struggled even if we managed to be clinical in the end. Even with the unbeaten run I think most would be in agreement the attack need just as much work as the defense.

I think I'd disagree I think we have created well mostly this season and it shows with the amount of goals we've scored. That Wolves game probably ends up 2/3 - 0 if Xhaka didn't make the mistake. I do see your point tho.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

1.9 is a ridiculous number and I dont know where you got it from
I would just ignore that statement. With that logic a striker that is in form half of the season would score 36 goals. That would have won the top scorer in every year the PL has been in existence.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I think most would be in agreement the attack need just as much work as the defense.
I don't think it unreasonable that as we work on improving our defensive solidity our attack will suffer to a certain extent, given that attacking players need to think more about defence and not just leave it to the back four to try to work that on their own.

Still, we are scoring enough goals. What we need to bring down are goals conceded.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Get in, did what we needed and grabbed that all important winner. Lovely Auba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom