• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It was a great first half, we were just not good enough in front of goal. I can't remember a Sp**s attack from the first 15 minutes. They got lucky with their goals, and that's it.

Yeah, but scoring goals (or stopping the other team from scoring) is the whole point of the game.

We came out with a lot of energy and dominated the match, but Emery didn't pick a squad with attacking players who could turn our dominance into goals. Our goal in the first half was from a PK.

In the second half, Emery brought on Laca and Ramsey, and they could turn our dominance into goals.

In the first half Emery did only dominance but not goals. He got it right in the second half.

gunnercelt35

Love what he is doing here. His reading of games is superb and if summat needs changed he does it without wasting time.

Excited at what he could achieve

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Great result, and Emery has done a great job, but imagine what he could do if he could figure out how to have a good first half.

Iwobi and Mkhi have to drop to the bench soon. These guys are killing us.

Who cares about first half performances?
As long as we keep winning games, I'm totally fine with it.

Emery likes to keep a card in his sleeve. And so far it's working. Whether it's Laca/Auba/Iwobi on the bench, he still uses them and they win us games.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Great result, and Emery has done a great job, but imagine what he could do if he could figure out how to have a good first half.

Yeah, but scoring goals (or stopping the other team from scoring) is the whole point of the game.

We came out with a lot of energy and dominated the match, but Emery didn't pick a squad with attacking players who could turn our dominance into goals. Our goal in the first half was from a PK.

In the second half, Emery brought on Laca and Ramsey, and they could turn our dominance into goals.

In the first half Emery did only dominance but not goals. He got it right in the second half.
Think you're forgetting that Sp**s had to make a couple of blocks amd saves in the first half. So it's not like we had no shots on target.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

There's a rumour that Emery was called into the offices of the board after our first couple of victories by a margin. It is agreed that he must leave fans on the edge of their seat, by only turning up after 45 minutes.

Just a rumour though.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I'm getting the feeling that we're one or two signings away from greatness. And they need not be marquee signings. Just solid players will do.

I agree but I think we should go big for a VVD type signing at the back. A great commanding CB that would take us to the next level.

Idk if Koulibaly is realistic but he's one of the best CB in the world right now who isn't playing for an elite club.

With Sokratis Holding & Mavropanos, we would be settled for a few years.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just think where we would be with Tony Pulis in charge. The sunlit uplands could have awaited us, the ball would surely be there...

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
the spirit in the team is fantastic at the moment - to see newcomers like Doozy and Kola so thrilled with the victory must I think be down to Emery

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I agree but I think we should go big for a VVD type signing at the back. A great commanding CB that would take us to the next level.

Idk if Koulibaly is realistic but he's one of the best CB in the world right now who isn't playing for an elite club.

Stan could get us Koulibaly and Dembele next year and recoup most of the outlay in shirt sales and prize money because we'd be capable of challenging for everything.

Malky

Established Member
I'm getting the feeling that we're one or two signings away from greatness. And they need not be marquee signings. Just solid players will do.
So excited to see where this team goes, and what we can achieve with another transfer window, or two.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Sign De Ligt. Turned 19 a couple months ago, already played a EL campaign up to the final, starting CB for the Dutch national team for a year now, unbeaten in 5 CL matches including Bayern and Benfica already made captain of Ajax at 18. Can play with his back against the wall (Dutch national team) or high up the field (Ajax). We would have a stud in CB for the next 15 years, so what if he costs 80M? Barca will try to low ball Ajax for the next 6 months anyway. Call Overmars and remind him of where he truely made his name in European football and let him know there is a place for him at Arsenal when he wants it. Win-win.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Get the feeling that swapping players all around might be showing them that any player can play anywhere in his system. Alot of swapping around has happened and we still get results. So while testing players for himself(who are Good enough etc) he also showed players that his tactics work which might have given players more trust in him. And his system.

Either way, brilliant from him so far. Cant believe we är doing so well after just 5 months of him in charge!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Any manager who can make tactical changes during a game and get the results he has deserves high praise. He's been doing it all season, that's why our 2nd halves are so good. His analysis is spot on. Best manager in the PL by far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom