• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Garra Charrua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Not sure if moving to Bayern would even be an upgrade anymore, they're so unambitious, they might get back to winning Bundesligas but they're not doing anything in the CL anytime soon.

Do not fear. Uli will call Audi, Allianz and Adidas again to hand them a nice little paycheck in addition to their famous stacked "Festgeldkonto" (fixed deposit acount) just like the last time they ended up in the Europa League to get in some juicy players;)

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Do I get my first shirt in over a decade with his name on when Adidas come in? Hmmm, hope they look good

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I really don't get this obsession with shirt numbers, what does it matter what number a player has?

Anyway Torreira has been brilliant so far for us and is currently out peforming the likes of Fred, Matic, Fabinho, Jorginho, Kante and Fernandinho.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He's been getting close to scoring recently, I think we'll see more of them now. Absolutely brilliant player, love everything about him but still feel we need a better player than Xhaka next to him.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Could watch his celebration over and over and over.

Yeah, just hope the yellow doesn't come back to haunt him, he could miss a vital game later in the season due to taking his shirt off. Having said that I guess its an in the moment thing and shows his passion. I like to think he did it because it was Sp**s, if so he's learning fast :)

TriniGunner

He's been getting close to scoring recently, I think we'll see more of them now. Absolutely brilliant player, love everything about him but still feel we need a better player than Xhaka next to him.

With him next to Xhaka, Xhaka has become a much better player. At this point I won't replace him with anyone.

Malky

Established Member
With him next to Xhaka, Xhaka has become a much better player. At this point I won't replace him with anyone.
Said it in the Xhaka thread, that for all the praise the Liverpool and Sp**s high energy, physical, dominant, midfields get - Xhaka and Torreira have bossed both of them now.
They're working brilliantly as a partnership and compliment each other perfectly.

Wryer

Yeah, just hope the yellow doesn't come back to haunt him, he could miss a vital game later in the season due to taking his shirt off. Having said that I guess its an in the moment thing and shows his passion. I like to think he did it because it was Sp**s, if so he's learning fast :)

He was already being polite by not taking off his shorts. The size of his balls would have scared any one. Sp**s found out about that.

TriniGunner

Said it in the Xhaka thread, that for all the praise the Liverpool and Sp**s high energy, physical, dominant, midfields get - Xhaka and Torreira have bossed both of them now.
They're working brilliantly as a partnership and compliment each other perfectly.

True. A lot of us seem to forget that things are done in training that are invaluable to a team, especially when you have two players who are understanding each other. It's obvious that whatever Xhaka and Lucas are doing together to make them a better pair is working. No need to replace either of them just for the sake of it. And besides, Xhaka is an excellent footballer. What he lacked under Wenger was his awareness and ability to sense danger. It's been improved since Emery is here.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
True. A lot of us seem to forget that things are done in training that are invaluable to a team, especially when you have two players who are understanding each other. It's obvious that whatever Xhaka and Lucas are doing together to make them a better pair is working. No need to replace either of them just for the sake of it. And besides, Xhaka is an excellent footballer. What he lacked under Wenger was his awareness and ability to sense danger. It's been improved since Emery is here.
Xhaka is a good player. You won’t play pirlo without having a gattusso. And that’s the same with xhaka. Xhaka didn’t improve, it’s just that he can play his normal game with torreira next to him.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Xhaka is a good player. You won’t play pirlo without having a gattusso. And that’s the same with xhaka. Xhaka didn’t improve, it’s just that he can play his normal game with torreira next to him.

Are you really comparing Xhaka with Pirlo? Having said that, I’m one of Xhaka’s biggest critics and he’s definitely improved. He has a lot less defensive work to do because of Torreira and can focus on his strengths.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Are you really comparing Xhaka with Pirlo? Having said that, I’m one of Xhaka’s biggest critics and he’s definitely improved. He has a lot less defensive work to do because of Torreira and can focus on his strengths.
In terms of playing style, yes, he is a deep lying playmaker, similar to pirlo, xabi alonso and xavi. Not ability-wise you fool. You are just trying to completely ignore what I actually mean aren’t you?

He didn’t improve as a player at all. He was always a good player, an excellent passer and long shooter. Nothing in him had changed. He didn’t get quicker, he didn’t get stronger, or becoming more technical or anything.

It’s just our new tactical set up makes him plays better. Letting him to plays his normal game as a deep lying playmaker (like pirlo, xabi alonso and Xavi) rather than mid-using him as a defensive midfielder (like gattusso, makelele).

And what you’ve just posted was just a repeat of what I meant. So I assume you did that on purpose, just trying to prove that I’m incorrect on any comment I’ve made, when in fact, we were actually posting the same exact thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom