• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheArsenalis

agree with you. i can see his usefulness in terms of set pieces and defensive aggression. but offensively he is unable to generate forward momentum from the back, and it keeps us penned in until we boot it up field. although a lot of people will claim we dominated the match (and we did for the most part), there was definitely a spell between our first goal and the end of the first half where we were in trouble tactically and unable to move it forward effectively and inviting counter attacks from them. mustafi was a big part of that.
Bra on a real Mustafi is the best defender we have at playing the ball from the back since chambers left. Smh and all the never ending nitpicking and ignoring the others faults instead turning a blind eye but highlighting what Mustafa ddnt do right. Fact is he our top defender and he needs to go so do the rest because none of them are matching him statistically.

Last edited:

Fallout

Bra on a real Mustafi is the best defender we have at playing the ball from the back since chambers left. Smh and all the never ending nitpicking and ignoring the others faults instead turning a blind eye but highlighting what Mustafa ddnt do right. Fact is he our top defender and he needs to go so do the rest because none of them are matching him statistically.
i'm sorry but we just fundamentally disagree on all of those points.

re: passing, i don't see where you're coming from. mustafi is good at finding bellerin on longer ground passes, but otherwise, he always mishits long balls to the forwards and he struggles to find our CMs short. most of the time he simply goes sideways and offloads responsibility to another CB. holding is our best ball-playing CB.

re: statistics, i didn't criticize mustafi's defensive contribution in my post. but even so, i'll take the opportunity to argue that you shouldn't use stats so definitively because they can be significantly biased by stylistic decisions. for example, an aggressive player like mustafi will probably show up well in stats for tackles and interceptions, but he may just as easily be sacrificing our positional stability by getting beat more often or by committing dumb fouls. imo sokratis is our best CB in terms of pure defending.

Jae

Sick to death of hearing him shout "LEAVE IT" to our other defenders because he thinks he has it under control, only for him to completely fluff it once the ball runs through to him, he then blames the person who he told to leave the ball and starts throwing his arms up and whining (as always)

Get this clown out of our team. He causes chaos and confusion every game. No wonder we are haemorrhaging goals left right and centre. Feel sorry for Holding and Sokratis.

Reactions: A_G

Kiwi-Gooner

This man inexplicably manages to be a threat for us in the opposition box, yet even more of a threat for them in our box. I just don't think he is ultimately worth it, and also frustrating to see him take to social media straight after the game and brag about our 20 game unbeaten streak, when defensive errors cost us the win.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Sokratis and Mustafi had no problem with the attack from United today.

Of course you can complain about small things, but there are enough reasons why Mustafi is starting every PL game for Emery.

So good on our corners and free kicks, such a threat for the other team.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Finished as captain and gave a very articulate interiew in which he said we had no excuses for the goals we gave away. He's not been awful this season but i think he's lost the trust of a lot of fans.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
He's had a much better season than last season, but he always has that chaotic moment in him. He went to ground very recklessly with an early slide tackle just to the left of the box. Totally unnecessary.

Even when he has a decent game there is at least one rash challenge in a critical area. I'd like us to have a more measured presence in his place.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Good and bad from Mustafi again. He was actually not bad overall today IMO but.......it's hard to trust him.
Pretty much sums it up that he's hard to trust. Even on good days I feel like he'll make a mistake or be outmuscled by the striker, he was pretty good again Utd though.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He scores goals... but has brain farts which leads to us leaking goals too. Strange player. Keep forgetting he isn't that old. Not that young either. Needs to bring it together soon though.

Wryer

This is the kind of player he is. He'll run through a wall for you, but the reality is, most of the time he doesn't need to. I still think he is fairly young as a centre back, but he does need partners with specific skillset to cover for him. Someone calming and cerebral, as well as quick enough to cover him when he overcommits. Personally, I think we cannot have too many players who can't take care of themselves.

Wryer

:lol:

Reread what I wrote again. To put simply, yes we need more players who can take care of themselves. Should've listened to my teachers regarding double negatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom