• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emery's Loan Targets With An Obligation to Buy But We Want An Option to Buy Hopefully: January 2019

What two players would you prefer we got with the loan/buy shenanigans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
And what if in doing so we drop points due to not having sufficient cover at the back, miss out on a top 4 finish, fail to win the EL and are then staring down the barrel of another year without CL football? Does that not make the task of buying a true top class CB exponentially more difficult both in terms of spending power and attractiveness? A couple of million on reliable cover is nothing in the context of the bigger picture.
I don’t think a stopgap CB could be the difference between reaching and not reaching top 4. Especially not when we have three players coming back who have not/barely featured this season to cover for the loss of Holding. Ofc no one knows if kos will stay fit for the rest of the season but i think we’ll manage.
A quality winger could on the other hand be the difference imo.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Just imagine! I'll take the most unreliable of sources when it comes to De Light.

Ajax won't sell in January though and they're currently still in the champions league whilst we're in Europa, not to mention the fee and the fact that every big club in the world wants him. Other than that we have a strong chance of getting him :lol:
Would love for it to happen, but not a chance.

HBL

Established Member
He was very good at the World Cup and was always solid for Real, he is a massive c*nt though and as Rich said a move to China or the MLS is the most likely scenario.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
My dad (Besiktas fan) has just told me that Pepe had his contract mutually terminated...

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Hell no! Would be a walking red card.

I like the noises that Emery is making about signings.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I don’t think a stopgap CB could be the difference between reaching and not reaching top 4. Especially not when we have three players coming back who have not/barely featured this season to cover for the loss of Holding. Ofc no one knows if kos will stay fit for the rest of the season but i think we’ll manage.
A quality winger could on the other hand be the difference imo.
Top 4 could be decided by a single point or even goal difference. Of the 3 players we have coming back, one is coming off of a massive injury, is not young and will need to have his minutes monitored carefully. Another is 21 years old. These are not players you can count on. What if there's another big injury and we haven't brought anyone in during the winter window? We just came from a period where we did not take a proactive approach to covering ourselves for situations like this and almost every single time were predictably punished with injury crises cropping up at the worst possible moments. To put ourselves in that potential scenario yet again after all the strides we've made to save a few quid for the summer window would be absolute insanity.

LeafsBro

Pepe just rescinded his contract with Besiktas. Say what you want about him, the guy is an absolute beast. Strong, tenacious, dominant in the air, solid defensively, and a leader as well. He was a huge reason why Portugal won the Euro and a key player for Real for several years. Even at 35 I would take a chance on him.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Pepe just rescinded his contract with Besiktas. Say what you want about him, the guy is an absolute beast. Strong, tenacious, dominant in the air, solid defensively, and a leader as well. He was a huge reason why Portugal won the Euro and a key player for Real for several years. Even at 35 I would take a chance on him.
Agreed. Plus he fits perfectly with the new nutjob culture we're assembling in defense. :D

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

I agree
He'd be a great fit for a short term deal and we go big in the summer.

He's a beast, a vicious bast*rd, with great leadership.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Perfect timing for us. Admittedly I don't know how he was doing in Turkey but just last year he was one of the best CB's in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom