• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Southampton vs Arsenal | December 16, 2018 13:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Southampton win

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Arsenal win

Votes: 31 70.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
That back line was so depleted, I can forgive them really. Koscielny looked every bit a player who's missed 6+ months of football, and losing Bellerin really ****ed us up. Lichtsteiner just doesn't have the same thrust at RB. Then when AMN came on, they wouldn't pass to him which was weird as he was free on the right hand channel very often. Xhaka not a CB but did OK. Monreal the only constant really, and I thought he was caught high a few too many times when we went to a back 4.

Özil with probably the worst sub cameo so far this season :lol:.

Iwobi and Mhki tried hard and weren't too bad I thought, especially given the latter scored both our goals. But they just don't have that x-factor we need in games IMO. Really need more strength in those wide forward positions. Can't fault Auba, I thought he wasn't bad but he just didn't get found in good positions as often as I would have liked.

ALso a word on Guendouzi and Torreira. Torreira had way too much space to cover on his own because Guendouzi was all over the place positionally. Guendouzi has to play with a bit more focus, as I feel he's too eager at times and when he gets the ball he takes way too long to make decisions.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I am specifically referring to the complaints about the defence.

Not a fan of Mkhi's but he did score two goals.
Nobody is complaining about the selection in defence, just their poor performances. Seriously, what was Kos thinking for the 1st goal?

Malky

Established Member
Sell Iwobi to fund some January transfers. Cardiff and Huddersfield is around his level, not playing for a team that have expectations of a top 4 challenge.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Lets not hide the fact that Leno cost us a point today too. A lot of people blaming Kos but Leno was in no mans land when that cross came in.

Leno has been making at least one mistake a game lately.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Emery just won't go with narrow line up seeing us we got absolutely no wingers. Get laca auba playing together it was working nicely

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Iwob
Iwobi is just a slimmer Ox. Great dribbler and ball carrier, very strong, decent pass- but you see where it matters in the final third, his finishing touch is Championship level.

Wow just seen the goals back- Kos has a direct hand in all of them. He played like an absolute ***** today. Horrendous 0 out of 10 performance. Disaster class. Look at his head go down after we concede the third...

CARDIFF BEAT THIS LOT LAST WEEK!!!!

Yup, Iwobi's the headless wonder as soon as he gets anywhere around the box but I'd have kept him on for his running and work rate. The change for Özil didn't do anything positive for us really.

Koz is captain but has never really been a decisive leader of the backline in all his time here. He was out of position for all the goals - every single one of the went over his head. Still he's been out for a while but he was woeful today.

GunnerUK

S/ampton are just a boogie team. We never really turn it on down there.

Barely snatched a draw last year beaten 4-0 few seasons before ect..

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
S/ampton are just a boogie team. We never really turn it on down there.

Barely snatched a draw last year beaten 4-0 few seasons before ect..
Yeah but "being "just a bogie team" still doesn't warrant that defensive disaster class that we put on today.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Xhaka starting in defence was the absolute criminal error today, we had nothing linking play in midfield.

Just invited pressure on all through the first half.

Was it the Palace game where he played at left wing back and we looked awful in midfield without him? I know we were at the bare bones of a defence today but you would think Emery would have learnt from that game.

Marmaduke

Let’s be real, the Ox ****s all over Iwobi.
I'm not convinced by Iwobi but regarding Ox that is baloney. Ox was a strong, explosive runner. That was it.

Towards his last season he gave up on defensive duties in addition to making bizarrely bad decisions in the final third. The 40M Liverpool paid for was great business.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Nobody is complaining about the selection in defence, just their poor performances. Seriously, what was Kos thinking for the 1st goal?
They are, just read the posts. I don't know what he was thinking but the question remains: who would you have played there today? Özil? Medley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom