• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Southampton vs Arsenal | December 16, 2018 13:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Southampton win

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Arsenal win

Votes: 31 70.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Tough to fault Emery too much IMO with the issues we have in defence right now. Kos is not ready to be starting PL games, and it showed, but what choice did Unai really have?

Iwobi is becoming a caricature of himself. He’s got a real knack for ruining promising moves.

Ramsey should have come on instead of Özil. Was really not the type of game he’s knows for making an impact.

ptrcopp

Well it's not Wenger or Gerry Peyton now. Cech didn't really fail. He simply can't play out from the back. Our number 1 GK has had a gentle well managed intro to the PL. He should be doing better. If its not the coaches....

What I mean is that there are still the same defences errors. Obviously today we had mismatch of players out of position and one who hadn’t played a true compentaitve game for 7 months.

That will take more than the few months the manager has had to work it out. And considering the circumstances, I don’t want to blame Leno too much

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Unai Emery has turned into Wenger all of a sudden. Xhaka at CB. What's up with that?
If you're lacking CB's don't play 3 at the back you donut.
It’s not a stupid idea to have extra cover when your main defenders are missing. Emery is an experienced pro. And a dam good one.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
He's relying way to much on Iwobi and Mhki, for all the stick Özil gets he makes the right decision 95% of the time. Iwobi and Mhki lose the ball way to often and slow down counter attacks. This focus on Iwobi and Mhki pressing, imo isn't really working.

Especially in this 3421 thing he's using. The two behind the striker are basically winger/attacking mid hybrids who are supposed to press and attack energetically - the perfect position for Ramsey. Yet Emery persists with Mkhi and Iwobi. And as you say while Özil isn't perfectly suited to pressing and whatnot, he creates, makes the right decisions most of the time and doesn't give the ball away so often. Bad choices today from Emery regarding the lineup.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
We’ve been much more resilient and squeezing points from uninspiring performances all season long. Everyone must have seen a defeat coming.

There is still a lot of work to do, lot of players to sign and a few to be moved on before we have a true picture of life under the new boss.

Top 4 was a huge ask at the start of the season and remains so. The long unbeaten run made us all forget that a bit, me included.

Manberg

Predator
Got to put this behind us as quickly as possible, a good chance to knock Sp**s out of the cup on Wednesday. Thread please.

(p.s. if we lose that I can see a meltdown coming)

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
What I mean is that there are still the same defences errors. Obviously today we had mismatch of players out of position and one who hadn’t played a true compentaitve game for 7 months.

That will take more than the few months the manager has had to work it out. And considering the circumstances, I don’t want to blame Leno too much
I get you. A lot of the same players and the same mistakes in defence. It will take the coaches time to train out those errors or buy better. I've just seen Allison help Utd to an equaliser. His error abd Leno's error for the third today too.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

We are in a good position despite these issues tbf, but if it's not fixed it's going to be another tough season.. January window will be crucial I think, need to be active.
That second post is key to me. Just shows the effect a good attack can have. Not so much shots on target but how much other teams can fear your attack by wanting to sit back to defend and not try to press or lose shape.

Giroud12

Still fuming from this loss but I think we just have to write it off as one of those days where everything goes against you.

The injuries and suspensions before the game, the injuries during the game, the wrong line up, mistakes by Kos and Leno, Ings and Austin turning up for once, new manager boost, many players underperforming, conceding right before half time and right before the end, etc.

Just one of those days. Nothing to do but to keep going against Sp**s and Burnley. COYG!!!

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We only have maybe 2 decent defenders the rest are garbage imo. Thats not Emery's fault, he maybe should have gone 4 at the back granted but with injuries and suspensions he had no other choice imo.

Giroud12

We only have maybe 2 decent defenders the rest are garbage imo. Thats not Emery's fault, he maybe should have gone 4 at the back granted but with injuries and suspensions he had no other choice imo.

PLaying Kos was a huge mistake. Not ready at all and monreal-lich or on of the young cbs would have been better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom