• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Southampton vs Arsenal | December 16, 2018 13:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Southampton win

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Arsenal win

Votes: 31 70.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

isop

I
I've been saying this all season. I've sometimes been called negative for pointing out what is patently obvious. The fact of the matter is that up until now, Emery has mostly been wrong. We've just been having the kind of luck that makes it easy to disregard the issues. And nothing I've seen this season has given me confidence that we can make top 4. I'd even say we are more likely to somehow end up behind united instead.

It's not negative if look deeply at what's happening on the pitch despite the nice run we were on, looking at the tactics rather than just the results. I don't think it's all bad, he's done some things right, credit where it's due but we have also been fortunate a number of times this season as well.

I think if our performances, defensive organization and build up play don't improve it'll be hard to make top 4, and it wasn't really expected tbh at the start of the season. We've also been fortunate that Man U are having a poor season, if they continue in that way we should finish above them.

TornadoTed

Established Member
That was horrible to watch today, defensively absolutely terrible but our luck with injuries in defence has been horrific this season. I'm pretty sure out of our 11 first team defenders all have been injured at some point except Mustafi, it's beyond a joke. It is no wonder there is little improvement with all the chopping and changing.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I disagree with you here. You don't go play defensive against the team that has the 2nd worst attack in the league and who hasn't won a home game since April. And you especially don't do this when you know that we've been poor defensively. You go out and play attacking football. You keep doing the only thing your players are somewhat good at. All Emery did was invite pressure and have no plan on how to actually score goals. That's why we were down two goals and had scored a goal mostly based on the fact that Mkhi had gotten tired and arrived to the attack late.

No matter how you put it, Emery's tactics today was poor.
Their goals weren’t caused by defensive errors, they were carved out with skill and difficult to stop. Probably caused by a new manager bringing new confidence. This can happen.

But Emery still managed the game well, we attacked for large swathes with 66% possession. That’s not sitting back.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Can't disagree. He should have chased to win it back. But we still had a chance to clear our lines. Having failed all round,you hope your keeper can bail you out.
He didnt even have toa chase and thats why its frustrating. The player who won the ball when he tried that flick was right in front of him.

Gursha

People demolishing Kos for that performance needs to realize he was almost a year out, and was thrown into a tough away game, i dont care about their record, they always turn into prime Barca against us.
There are few teams that no matter how bad they are, they turn up against us. United and Southampton are among these.

He didnt play a competitive game for almost a year! his problem was positioning, that sharpness takes time to come back. at least physically he didnt look like it effects him.
I still trust him, he can still be a big player for us. had Mustafi or Sokratis were available we wouldn't concede 3. Kos carried our Cb partnership for years! so now, when he returns from a very big injury, he needs someone stable near him till he comes back into himself. I will never go at him the way i saw people on twitter do.

Debre-Zeyit

My team for spuds

----Lich---Sokratis---Kos---Monreal

-----Torreira---Xhaka---

-------------Ramsey-------

-----Laca----Auba------Saka

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
That was tough to stomach today. Yes the injuries were a huge problem and Leno was poor on the 3rd but we should be able to create chances against dreck like Southampton. We'd been riding our luck for quite some time with the poor first halves, almost got away with it again and were undone by circumstance and individual error. A point would have been disappointing but acceptable. To lose is very aggravating. Emery has done a wonderful job thus far but he's going to have to get this team playing a more convincing brand of football from the first minute rather than hoping to keep pulling off miracles in the 2nd 45. It remains clear as day that Laca and Auba should start together and yet we persist in handicapping ourselves splitting them up so that the likes of Iwobi and Mkhi can play. It's very curious. Just really frustrating viewing today.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Our defence is a shambles thanks to all the injuries, and we really missed Xhaka in midfield alongside Torreira. Hope we can get in another CB and a wide man in January because I can't see us getting top 4 without those additions.

I think over the next few weeks might be where we slip off in terms of the hunt for top 4 sadly. Chelsea and Sp**s aren't losing games to relegation threatened teams.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Their goals weren’t caused by defensive errors, they were carved out with skill and difficult to stop. Probably caused by a new manager bringing new confidence. This can happen.

But Emery still managed the game well, we attacked for large swathes with 66% possession. That’s not sitting back.
Their goals were pretty good. Excellent passes. I just don't think he managed the game well. The 66% possession is because we got more on the ball in the second half. We still only had a shot more than them and they had almost twice as many shots on target. We were let down by a poor starting lineup and being two goals down before halftime was just too much to come back from with the way we were playing and the players on the pitch.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Here's my post number 2000.

IT'S GOING TO GET A LOT WORSE. So if you're after trophies, now's the time to bail out.

Today I read a sad statistic which confirms what I've worried about for years. Chelsea have overtaken us on social media.

Now I hate social media but I fear this means that our worldwide fan bas is eroding as young people getting into football see us as a lesser club than they did some years back. Why? Because we're not challenging for the big trophies. And why aren't we challenging for the big trophies? Because we're not investing in players at anywhere near the same pace as a whole swathe of rivals.

So this will be a kind of self-fulfilling vicious circle. At this point someone normally cries out: "Hold on! This Stan Kronke is a clever guy! He may not want to spend money but he wants to protect his investment!" Sure. Except his idea of success is not your idea of success. You want trophies. He wants money. The premiership is a rich league, the richest. The team who ends up 15th makes good money, provided they don't spend that money they are profitable. So the trick is to stay in the premiership and remaining profitable, not wasting money on chasing trophies.

This is our future. The one wildcard here is the sleeping/fallen giant syndrome. We are now the 5th or 6th biggest team in England - for this new generation of football fans. If this view becomes entrenched we are susceptible to falling further down the list at which point we either spend money or slip further down the pecking order. Except we have an owner who will not spend money!

Now do you see where this is going?

I have seen the future, it is murder.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

IT'S GOING TO GET A LOT WORSE. So if you're after trophies, now's the time to bail out.

Today I read a sad statistic which confirms what I've worried about for years. Chelsea have overtaken us on social media.

Now I hate social media but I fear this means that our worldwide fan bas is eroding as young people getting into football see us as a lesser club than they did some years back. Why? Because we're not challenging for the big trophies. And why aren't we challenging for the big trophies? Because we're not investing in players at anywhere near the same pace as a whole swathe of rivals.

So this will be a kind of self-fulfilling vicious circle. At this point someone normally cries out: "Hold on! This Stan Kronke is a clever guy! He may not want to spend money but he wants to protect his investment!" Sure. Except his idea of success is not your idea of success. You want trophies. He wants money. The premiership is a rich league, the richest. The team who ends up 15th makes good money, provided they don't spend that money they are profitable. So the trick is to stay in the premiership and remaining profitable, not wasting money on chasing trophies.

This is our future. The one wildcard here is the sleeping/fallen giant syndrome. We are now the 5th or 6th biggest team in England - for this new generation of football fans. If this view becomes entrenched we are susceptible to falling further down the list at which point we either spend money or slip further down the pecking order. Except we have an owner who will not spend money!

say yes

forum master baiter

Worst post I’ve seen on here for quite a while. Impressively bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom