• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emery's Loan Targets With An Obligation to Buy But We Want An Option to Buy Hopefully: January 2019

What two players would you prefer we got with the loan/buy shenanigans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I don't think we'll do much business in January apart from a CB. Be amazed if we splashed out on a winger, I think we should but unlikely we will.

Mastercutor

Ideally, it would be good to get both a winger and a CB in January, but I don't think we can expect more than one of them, unless we can cover one of the positions through a loan, but I hope the club will surprise us. Much will probably depend on any sale of Elneny and/or Ramsey.

For the CB position, I found a comparison between Fernando Calero, which we have been connected to, and Koulibaly, Mustafi, Holding and Sokratis and for the mentioned price, it seems we can do a lot worse.

http://youaremyarsenal.com/arsenal-centre-back-unai-emery-tactical-analysis-statistics/

For the positions upfront there has also been some links to both Leandro Trossard and Wesley Moraes from Genk and Club Brügge in Belgium respectively, so it'll be interesting to see what Sven & co have up their sleeve.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
It will be interesting to see how PSG react, I can’t see how PSG will be pleased that their homegrown talent has been snatched. I can see them retaliating by unsettling a few Barcelona boys, they strike me as a petty bunch.
Rakitic has been rumored to go the other way for quite some time now.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
So no frenkie for them then. Probably not the smartest decision.
I guess they can’t get both de ligt and fdj.

If I was in Barca’s strategy room I’d say put all the eggs in the Dutch boys’ basket. They’re fine in most areas, they just need long term replacements for Pique and Busquets. I’d just make an offer of 100-150m to Ajax for the pair. Rabiot doesn’t make nearly as much sense.

I mean I don’t want that to happen, I want them to come here, but that’s the best possible thing Barca could do.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We need defense so bad!!! Any links whatsoever to CBs or FBs?

No links will be reputable. They will all be guesses. We don't know about a transfer unless Arsenal want us to know. Therefore we will only know when the deal is done or if the selling club start talking about it like Auba, or the players representatives/ relatives talk about it like Torreira.

Us being able to do business relies heavily on it being kept on the hush.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Cech is good to have around but it is such a waste of resources having a 2nd choice keeper on £100k a week.
That's why you resign him to a cheaper contract. If he doesn't agree to that, then let him go. I just like the idea of Cech as a second option at goalkeeping - not to mention his personality in the dressing room.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'd like to see us get a winger in first and foremost. Seems that's the position we are really lacking at the moment. A certain unreliable Twitter writer has suggested we will bring in Sarr when selling Martinez whilst buying and loaning back two players until the summer.

Centre midfield isn't a huge issue. We can keep Özil or move Iwobi central if necessary. Or simply move to a more flat 3 in the middle and get rid of the ACM position.

Reactions: HBL

HBL

Established Member
I'd like to see us get a winger in first and foremost. Seems that's the position we are really lacking at the moment. A certain unreliable Twitter writer has suggested we will bring in Sarr when selling Martinez whilst buying and loaning back two players until the summer.

Centre midfield isn't a huge issue. We can keep Özil or move Iwobi central if necessary. Or simply move to a more flat 3 in the middle and get rid of the ACM position.
That is certainly one very unreliable twitter source!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom