• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2019

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

How the **** do they keep doing this? Didn’t they pay masively for that flop Jordan Ibe too?

DONT WE HAVE **** TO SELL?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
£19m ffs :rofl: wonder if Callum Wilson is off to Chelsea then

Are you sh*tting me? Are you f*cking sh*tting me?! How do they keep doing this, why can't we do this?? Nearly 20m for a young player who literally hasn't started his career yet.

isop

Bournemouth are amateurs though. They also paid £15m to Liverpool for Jordan Ibe, who had done nothing before to warrant that price, and has done nothing since. Isn't even a starter.

But yeah, the amount of assets we've let go for free or for nominal fees is shocking. Liverpool and Chelsea are amazing at selling their players for inflated fees.

Hopefully the new regime should learn from this.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
How the **** do they keep doing this? Didn’t they pay masively for that flop Jordan Ibe too?

Liverpool have brought in £34m from selling dross to Bournemouth and £56m from selling dross to Crystal Palace.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The only explanation I can think of is that Arsenal squad players are usually on big wages so they're harder to shift to clubs further down the table. Kieran Gibbs for example was worth more than £7m when he went to West Brom but the club probably had to sanction a lower fee because they wanted to get his wages off the books.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Are you sh*tting me? Are you f*cking sh*tting me?! How do they keep doing this, why can't we do this?? Nearly 20m for a young player who literally hasn't started his career yet.
It's weird because Tammy Abraham is more proven than Solanke but he's going to Wolves for a bit less than that.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Well they bought Afobe for 20m if I remember too, just not from us. Bournemouth love to overpay for mediocre English dross.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
The only explanation I can think of is that Arsenal squad players are usually on big wages so they're harder to shift to clubs further down the table. Kieran Gibbs for example was worth more than £7m when he went to West Brom but the club probably had to sanction a lower fee because they wanted to get his wages off the books.

I also think we hold on our player for far too long until they lose their value or run down their contract.

We should have sold Gibbs as soon as Nacho has become a starter with a younger/cheaper option.

Welbeck should have been sold 2 years ago even though he was a good squad player he was easily replacable with a cheaper and less injury prone option.

We should have taken the offer for Chambers a couple of years ago.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
I also think we hold on our player for far too long until they lose their value or run down their contract.

We should have sold Gibbs as soon as Nacho has become a starter with a younger/cheaper option.

Welbeck should have been sold 2 years ago even though he was a good squad player he was easily replacable with a cheaper and less injury prone option.

We should have taken the offer for Chambers a couple of years ago.
Agree. We look to sell when the whole world knows the player is average or past their best. To get these higher prices you need to be selling some potential too.

Also think big contracts don’t help either.

Leeroy1979

Just got in and seen this. How Liverpool have managed to get this for him is insane. I cannot fathom how any right minded individual can sanction a 19m deal for Solanke.....I am trying but I just cant

isop

Brahim-Diaz from City to Real for £15m rising to £21m. 19 years old, only made 15 first team appearances and is another fringe youth player. Dread to think how much he would go for if Arsenal were selling him.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Brahim-Diaz from City to Real for £15m rising to £21m. 19 years old, only made 15 first team appearances and is another fringe youth player. Dread to think how much he would go for if Arsenal were selling him.
We would pay the other team.

Top Bottom