• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denis Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I'm a bit disappointed that Emery sees him as a winger, I had hoped we'd sign someone quicker than Denis Suarez in that position.

But I'm sure he's going to use him in midfield as well so I think he'll be a good signing if it happens.

A lot of people are going to be surprised.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I'm a bit disappointed that Emery sees him as a winger, I had hoped we'd sign someone quicker than Denis Suarez in that position.

But I'm sure he's going to use him in midfield as well so I think he'll be a good signing if it happens.

He seems a bit like when we used to play Santi out wide but one footed? Is that fair?

scytheavatar

Established Member

Suarez is a terrible midfielder, his career has stalled in Barca precisely because they keep trying to make him a midfielder. If you are expecting workrate or intelligence from him you are going to be disappointed.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
How is he an upgrade? He is less consistent than Iwobi and more frustrating/wasteful. Plus have less workrate. Everything about him screams Everton quality at best.

Iwobi is looking good again now but you cant really class him as consistent. Ramsey is off now or Summer, we need a replacement and cant afford top quality, or so it seems.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I flip flop on Suarez all the time. On one hand he obviously has a lot of ability, is young enough and cheap. On the other I think we need at least one more goal threat in our squad and if he is seen as a forward player I'm not sure he is going to score enough. We already have a high creating/low scoring player in Özil.

I am still not sure of Xhaka in a 2 man midfield and am convinced 4-3-3 in the right formation for the squad we have and would give our defence which we can all probably agree is our weakest area more protection. To play 4-3-3 though with a protective midfield you need 3 players who are all regularly scoring, look at Liverpool, PSG, Barca as 3 examples. I don't think Suarez is the man to put alongside Laca and Auba for extra goals and it doesn't sound like he is the player to play alongside Xhaka and Torreira in the midfield 3 either.

emilursin

In 110 la liga matches this guy has 9 goals and 11 assists.... dont see how we need another mediocre squad player, but hey he could prove me wrong,

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
You keep calling him that but it's Mkhi if you're going to nickname him. Why do you write Mkith?

Actually, Mkhitarian calls himself Micki. It's Micki on his website and his Twitter bio (although since coming to Arsenal he has added #Mkhi to his Twitter along with Micki since for some reason Arsenal fans want to call him Mkhi).

6-min.jpg

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Can I write Mkitharyan?
Huh?

Was there an autoprompt or whatever it is called in place before?

I think I stopped because like with Wilshere Wilshere etc I just stopped because aryan was changed or blocked to a bunch of things

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Still not that sure about this guy. Is a squad with him better than a squad with Ramsey for a start? What does he solve? Is his end product better than Iwobi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom