• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denis Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Still not that sure about this guy. Is a squad with him better than a squad with Ramsey for a start? What does he solve? Is his end product better than Iwobi?

For what Emery is trying to do we're much better with someone like Denis in the squad. Also it doesn't have to be either Iwobi or Denis, Denis is comfortable out on the right side and would surely be a better option than Mkhi there.

Don't think his end product is the best but he's a talented dribbler who can help us open teams up more.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The smart move is surely a loan here, with an option to buy if we’re suitably impressed.

I'm not sure it's smart judging a player on 4 months. They should've scouted him enough to know whether he has what it takes to be successful under Emery and in his system, unless this is just a short term panic move in which case they probably shouldn't be bothering with it in the first place. They might as well bring back Nelson if that's the case.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Well, Arsenal Twitter has confirmed Suarez to Arsenal because he was interacting with Bellerin on Instagram.

0_Image-from-iOS.jpg

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
In 110 la liga matches this guy has 9 goals and 11 assists.... dont see how we need another mediocre squad player, but hey he could prove me wrong,
we need connections in the final third, we have the killers upfront, he can provide circulation and we need to have a player that can see a pass, specially with bellerin coming back.
im all for it, he is very hardworker aswell.
Its a short term solution that can offer us something different.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
we need connections in the final third, we have the killers upfront, he can provide circulation and we need to have a player that can see a pass, specially with bellerin coming back.
im all for it, he is very hardworker aswell.
Its a short term solution that can offer us something different.
Him and Hector marauding down the right side would be pretty badass with our finishers.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

The more I read and watch of him the less convinced I am that this is a good signing. He seems to basically be another AM in a similar mould to what we have and have had for years that we shunt out wide.

When did we last have a proper winger? We always seems to have wide players that dont naturally fit there, people are already debating whether he is a wide or central midfielder, thats an immediate red flag for me.

What this team needs is an injection of something different not something slightly better but pretty much more of the same. Get a proper direct and pacey winger so we can mix things up in attack or put this money towards a better CB.

He also doesnt score goal, we are losing Ramsey and tend to play Iwobi out left who also doesnt score goals. Our rivals have wide men that score a lot of goals and that is missing for us.

Thought we would stop collecting similar attacking midfields with Wenger gone but here we are.

I'd be more keen on this if we ship Mhki out very soon though and its at max 15 mil. Or even better a loan.

Last edited:

say yes

forum master baiter
I'm not sure it's smart judging a player on 4 months. They should've scouted him enough to know whether he has what it takes to be successful under Emery and in his system, unless this is just a short term panic move in which case they probably shouldn't be bothering with it in the first place. They might as well bring back Nelson if that's the case.

Difficult to scout him at the moment given how little he has played. No substitute for watching him every day in training either.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Brits view on football has to change.
Too many goal scorer in the same team will reduce the number of chances the team created overall. And cause an overall reduction of goals for the team.
You always think goal scoring is a number game, as if we bring in three >20 goal strikers we will score 60 in a season. But that is wrong.
You will suffer a lack of creativity in attacking. And less chances will be created. The team will end up scoring much less.
If that’s the case we can just buy 11 giroud and hope for 165 goals a season. But football don’t work like that. Scoring is correlated to the number of chances created. The Spain national team had a no striker tactic.
And they were one of the best side in world football.

Last edited by a moderator:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We do need a few quality dribbler but we need someone who can cut inside, not going out wide. That is not the way we should play.
Because it’s not arsenal style, it’s not emery’s tactics, it’s inefficient and boring.

Did you see how guardiola’s Barcelona play? Messi on the right, dribble past his man, Alves join the attack, create overload, the opponent do not know who to mark, Messi cuts inside, and the two always combined with good one twos or through passes.

And the guardiola side was not direct at all, they take a lot of touches and passes before scoring a goal. I never understand why the brits always prefer the direct game rather than the beautiful passing game.

A player would have more chance to score cutting inside rather than staying out wide. So with a full back occupying the wide area will cause an overload in the penalty box with inside forward drifting in.

We had Pires, Hleb, Rosicky, Nasri, Ashavin......and many more who cut inside from wide areas. That’s the beautiful game we have always played. I don’t want to have traditional wingers and play like pulis stoke.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Too many goal scorer in the same team will reduce the number of chances the team created overall. And cause an overall reduction of goals for the team.
You always think goal scoring is a number game, as if we bring in three >20 goal strikers we will score 60 in a season. But that is wrong.
You will suffer a lack of creativity in attacking m. And less chances will be created. The team will end up scoring much less.
If that’s the case we can just buy 11 giroud and hope for 165 goals a season. But football don’t work like that. Scoring is correlated to the number of chances created. The Spain national team had a no striker tactic.

How do you know where posters are from?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

You will suffer a lack of creativity in attacking. And less chances will be created. The team will end up scoring much less.
Wingers should get a minimum of 10 goals a season as should your number 10 i.e Özil. If you depend on your cf your stuffed.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

But we do have a DLP in Xhaka, Özil central & Iwobi / Micky in the wider attacking positions.

We dont really have any pace wide now Aubameyang #1 striker. The team has lacked cheap & counter goals for years. Opposition are not scared of us which has a knock on effect with the midfield & allows opposition to be alot more aggressive positionally.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
But we do have a DLP in Xhaka, Özil central & Iwobi / Micky in the wider attacking positions.

We dont really have any pace wide now Aubameyang #1 striker. The team has lacked cheap & counter goals for years. Opposition are not scared of us which has a knock on effect with the midfield & allows opposition to be alot more aggressive positionally.
I’m not against having a pacy skillful dribbler:
We had Pires, Hleb, Rosicky, Nasri, Ashavin......and many more who cut inside from wide areas. That’s the beautiful game we have always played. I don’t want to have traditional wingers and play like pulis stoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom