• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2019

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Don’t think Bayern can afford Pavard and Hudson-Odoi then Lucas when there’s other holes in their squad, haven’t they already got Sule as well?

Also not sure how often they’ve paid massive wages out in the past.

They can. They will pay probably pay the fee for James too.
Looks like they will spend at least 200€m.

Pavard would be the Right Back-Back Up too, the same with Hernandez on the left. They could play three at the back too with Pavard, Süle and Hernandez.

They will hope to sell at least one from Boateng/Hummels.

Drebin

They can. They will pay probably pay the fee for James too.
Looks like they will spend at least 200€m.
Doubt that they will pay the fee for James. I don't follow them that closely but he doesn't seem to have an important role in their squad. He was only played in 640 of possible 1250 min this season (missed 11 games due to illness and injury).

Furious.

The one with a period. Fake Furious v1
Nonsense. I don't think Aubameyang has scored a goal for us yet where I've thought to myself 'he only scored that because of his pace.' He might be rapid but in my opinion he doesn't really it very effectively, most of his goals come through great movement/positioning and link up play with Laca.

This may be a bizarre concept, but taking up good positions and moving well is somewhat facilitated by having the pace to get away from defenders. Even if it's just a yard. Pace doesn't only become important when the ball get's passed in behind and a player runs onto it. I disagree with you. While he has other attributes like quality finishing and footballing intelligence, his pace is a major part of what he contributes to the team he plays for and he would not be the same player if he had Giroud or even Laca levels of pace.

Furious.

The one with a period. Fake Furious v1
Nonsense. I don't think Aubameyang has scored a goal for us yet where I've thought to myself 'he only scored that because of his pace.' He might be rapid but in my opinion he doesn't really it very effectively, most of his goals come through great movement/positioning and link up play with Laca.

2017/18
  • Everton - had to beat the keeper to the ball in time to dink it over him.
  • Watford - needed to beat keeper to the ball before rounding him and finishing
  • Southampton - needed his pace to beat defender to ball and toe poke it past GK
  • Newcastle (assist, Auba isn't only in the team to score) - Pace in behind and cross for Laca's goal.
  • Burnley (1st goal) - pace required to get to Laca's cross-shot and turn it into the goal
  • Huddersfield - pace required to get to Ramsey's cross
2018/19
  • Vorskla - pace required to get into position for Iwobi's cross
  • Fulham (assist) - pace to run onto Mhki's through ball to cross to Ramsey
  • Fulham (2nd goal) - pace to run onto through ball and away from defender to score.
  • Leicester (1st goal) - pace to lose his marker at back post
  • Leicester (2nd goal) - pace to lose his marker at back post
  • Crystal palace - pace to nip in behind onto Laca's handball
  • Bournemouth - pace to get into position in space to put away Kolasinac's cross

Leeroy1979

Win win for Chelsea. They lose a player and gain a better one or keep a player who seems to always do well for them when called upon. You think they fancy swapping any players with us? I'd take messi for elneny lol

macka66

Didn't Barcelona offer something like 60 million in the summer for Willian and they turned it down they now may sell him for a straight swap for Malcolm. Don't get me wrong Malcom is a good player but he is not that good as some other people are making him out to be. Like someone else said i would rather have Hazard and CHO then the other players they have signed.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Tbf Henry's gonna needs some buddies in the the team, he's spent most of his time so far slating all the youngsters at Monaco for not being world class already and that he actually has to do some coaching.

Think he's hoping if he gets Fabregas, Naldo, Batshuayi, Pepe and whoever else in then it'll lessen the amount of coaching he'll have to do and lessen the need for actual good man-management and social skills.

Latest posts

Top Bottom