• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Don’t agree with that.

United have a superb squad with strength in depth, they’re not even bothering to play one of our best attackers in the last few years, they’ve got so many. €800m to our €428m.

And now Mourinho has stopped humiliating them, the shackles are off, and they’ve got a lot to prove. Trump could be in charge of them at the moment.

Look at the Liverpool game against Wolves, playing their 2nd string side, they were awful. Put the quality on and Liverpool are unstoppable. Does that fall to one person?

Tbf Trump would probably just build a wall of players on the goal line. Wouldn't score much

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
What system is that exactly? I'm still waiting to see what Emery's style of play is to be honest. Either he doesn't have the right players at all or he's not doing a good job getting the best out of what he has.
Emery system is clear play from the back and press high we have only few players can do that

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
2004 - 2012 we spent less than Stoke and got top 4 year after year. Wenger made the players better than the sum of their parts. Emery has to find a way to do the same,
Much worse opposition. Better players overall and most importantly wenger hade brought in all players he was using and they are players to play wengerball.

Lets Imagine Emery built a title winning team with his players and now he cant spend. All players in the squad are picked by him for his system, you dont think he would get top4 several seasons after that?

progman07

Established Member
4ktqm3ykj1.jpeg

Yeah good luck with that.
It's probably going to decide our season and the way Emery is perceived. Hopefully we can send out our best lineup with Özil and have performances we had against Sp**s & Pool.

Worst scenario is something I don't want to imagine, but it could get very bad easily if we play like we did in the last few weeks.

progman07

Established Member
Emery system is clear play from the back and press high we have only few players can do that
Pressing is not exactly rocket science though, you teach your players where and when to run, and if they have the fitness they run. I think our players, apart from Xhaka should have the stamina, and agility.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
If we lose Ramsey and Özil and we dont get CL football his tenure would be remembered as one of the worst if not the worst in the history of the club, and thats a shame because we started so strongly...

Im very worried about our sheet administration, and how we are managing the caracters on our team.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Özil and Ramsey don't fit his system, hence they're out. He needs players that do fit and for that we have to wait atleast till the summer.

Ramsey was the guy Emery planned to build the team around by all early reports & both were named as two of the seven! :rolleyes: captains.

Unless we can shift Özil & have genuine quality lined up looks a crazy decision. Why not adapt to our best players?

I doubt Emery gets the job saying he planned to sell Özil & bring in Suarez / Banaga. We have 60k seats with a considerable income from the corporate ones.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I haven't seen much pressing at all to be honest.

Why can Sp**s, City and Liverpool all be so effective with pressing while our sorry lot can never manage it?

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
....If the results are going to be sh*t then at least give me some beautiful football occasionally rather than the joyless garbage I've been watching the last couple of months. I'm not going to discount the injuries and lack of funds as mitigating factors but Emery is making some decisions that range from baffling to stupid and he needs to take a look in the mirror and assess his role in this spell. You don't make a shaky defensive unit better by confusing the players with your team selections and lack of continuity.

Reading this, it reminded me of a great article I've read recently
https://oneshortcorner.wordpress.com/2016/04/29/Arséne-wenger/

Arsène understands that old adage of Socrates, who stated that ‘Beauty comes first. Victory is secondary. What matters is joy.’ He himself is quoted as saying ‘I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him.’ To him, the way in which you win is much more important than the fact that you win, and I never used to understand this non-materialistic way of thinking. But I’ve been converted.​

CJJ

Established Member
If he wants to sell Özil to raise some money for Suarez, I wouldn't call him a fool but then there's CL or adios for me.
Your expectations are waaaay too high. We don't have the team to compete in the top4 this year. With or without Özil. Top6 is to be expected and top4 would be a miracle.

African Flair

Your expectations are waaaay too high. We don't have the team to compete in the top4 this year. With or without Özil. Top6 is to be expected and top4 would be a miracle.
I don't expect this team to get in the top or win the Europa league. Just saying that if he refuse the play or even better sell at a cut price one of the best play makers in the league for "tactical reasons", when the team has big problems with just creating. All for buying a lesser player he likes from the past. I waiting for him to pull some magic out of a hat.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
If we lose Ramsey and Özil and we dont get CL football his tenure would be remembered as one of the worst if not the worst in the history of the club, and thats a shame because we started so strongly...

Im very worried about our sheet administration, and how we are managing the caracters on our team.

Two back to back defeats is what you call starting strongly?

CJJ

Established Member
I don't expect this team to get in the top or win the Europa league. Just saying that if he refuse the play or even better sell at a cut price one of the best play makers in the league for "tactical reasons", when the team has big problems with just creating. All for buying a lesser player he likes from the past. I waiting for him to pull some magic out of a hat.
I think we tend to overrate Özil as Arsenal fans. Sure you might be right that he's one of the best going playmaker's going forward but the modern game requires player's who's capable of more than that. Such a one-dimensional player should not be on 350k and be a "main man".

You say "lesser" but what you really mean, is that Emery is sacrificing offensive power for a more stable and controlled approach.

So by saying you want him to play Özil you're effectively saying you want our manager to drop his philosophy to accommodate a player from the old regime.
NB: what's with this "issues creating" ? We're on shared 3rd place regarding goals scored this season. And that's mostly without Özil.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Much worse opposition. Better players overall and most importantly wenger hade brought in all players he was using and they are players to play wengerball.

Lets Imagine Emery built a title winning team with his players and now he cant spend. All players in the squad are picked by him for his system, you dont think he would get top4 several seasons after that?
Emery won’t be able to build a title winning team, bro. He doesn’t have the money and neither did Wenger.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Emery won’t be able to build a title winning team, bro. He doesn’t have the money and neither did Wenger.
Wenger did have money before the stadium. Anyways you missed the whole point of the post it seems. Which is that competing with a team built around your style with players you signed is way easier than taking over a failing team with players signed for another system.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm interested to see what he does in the big games.

Does he stick to his philosophy, or does he cave in to the pressure and select the best players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom