• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I think some of the play in September and October shows what his idea is, if you go back and look at the goals during that time. We usually had Mhki and Iwobi (or Auba) coming inside allowing the full-backs to get forward and create overloads, then get to the byline for the cut-back. There was so many goals scored like that and even more misses like the ones against Chelsea. I wouldn't say Emery has no philosophy, although you could question whether he has a Plan B.

And tbh a l0t of the changing in recent times has had to do with injury/suspension. It started with Holding's injury at OT then got worse with Sokratis/Mustafi missing Southampton and Bellerin getting injured then. The latter getting injured especially hurt the team considering Emery's emphasis on full-backs getting forward.

I'm sure he has a philosophy , what I mean he seems to lack conviction in following it through . At any sign of adversity he seems to chop and change . I'm sure the squad were quite willing to listen to him especially the spectacular success at home to Liverpool and Sp**s but you can see it's starting to take it's toll there's a few senior guys who are struggling with the disjointed play .

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Özil is our own Rooney.
Agreed. Both are all time greats
584c8e24d313090c5facb135.png

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
I agree, but that's not the same thing as coddling him. It's actually a disrespect to Özil to suggest that he needs that kind of treatment.

:lol: For £350k a week he'll need to do a bit more than that
Even his agent said it, he is not only a football player, he is a media star.
Football changed a lot, Özil means more than assists unfortunaly.
i agree with you, i dont like that sort of player, but it is what it is.

Reactions: A_G

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Emery's handling of not only Özil but also Ramsey and before that his issues with Neymar remind me of something Jupp Heynckes, one of the arguably best and most revered coaches in recent times, said this regarding Coman:

"He's like a highly sensible thoroughbred race horse".

He used similar horse racing terminology at times regarding Lewandowski and I think Muller, and said some players needed a different touch than others and careful handling - I think he used the term caressing -, especially offensive players, just like very expensive race horses.

You cannot resolve all situations in relation to player performance by pushing them around and adding pressure. Different players will react differently and need a different approach to reach top performance. That goes for the lowest pub team players and CL contenders.

If Emery can't especially handle big players and on top of that has the added trauma of working with Neymar and now only resorts to infighting and pressuring or ostracizing players that's a highly questionable approach.

pacstud

Emery's handling of not only Özil but also Ramsey and before that his issues with Neymar remind me of something Jupp Heynckes, one of the arguably best and most revered coaches in recent times, said this regarding Coman:

"He's like a highly sensible thoroughbred race horse".

He used similar horse racing terminology at times regarding Lewandowski and I think Muller, and said some players needed a different touch than others and careful handling - I think he used the term caressing -, especially offensive players, just like very expensive race horses.

You cannot resolve all situations in relation to player performance by pushing them around and adding pressure. Different players will react differently and need a different approach to reach top performance. That goes for the lowest pub team players and CL contenders.

If Emery can't especially handle big players and on top of that has the added trauma of working with Neymar and now only resorts to infighting and pressuring or ostracizing players that's a highly questionable approach.
How did Wenger's approach play out with Özil and Ramsey. Same ****, different coach.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I was siding with Emery, saying he had the right to do what he wants, if Özil refuses to fit in to the system

But Özil wants to fit in, wants to give it all, still hasn't badmouthed Emery. This stinks of Mourinho like agenda creation!

blaze_of_glory

Anyone know the rhyme or reason to how assists are determined? I just read an Arseblog piece that said Özil only has one assist to his name this year, but I can recall three just off the top of my head: vs Leicester to Auba, vs Burnley to Iwobi (not to mention the preassist earlier in that game), and vs Qarabag to Lacazette.

I'm confused here..

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Anyone know the rhyme or reason to how assists are determined? I just read an Arseblog piece that said Özil only has one assist to his name this year, but I can recall three just off the top of my head: vs Leicester to Auba, vs Burnley to Iwobi (not to mention the preassist earlier in that game), and vs Qarabag to Lacazette.

I'm confused here..
Only one in league iirc

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

I'm confused here..
They probably meant league assists and the iwobi one didn’t count since it took a deflection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom