• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Club confirm Sven Mislintat leaving Arsenal on February 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Tbf we didn't have anything in place back then, other than Gazidis I think?

We probably could've been in an even worse position than now.
If he’d told the board in advance it would’ve given them some time to create a succession plan. It was a smart move to wait until the very last moment, until they had no alternative but to offer him a new deal.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Personally, I'm not going to get worked up about this. If Sven and Raul aren't on the same page, then one of them should go. Who am I to say which one? I don't have any inside knowledge of what's going on and neither do I have a portal into either man's mind. No one person is irreplaceable. There are a lot of people out there who are top notch at scouting and identifying talent. I'm a fan of Sven, but Sven isn't short for Svengali. He's not some magical shaman. The leadership of the club should share a vision and if they don't it's best to rectify that now rather than allowing it to fester.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Now we want him back:lol:

Anybody who wants Wenger back should be forced to rewatch the defeats to Stoke, Liverpool, Watford, City, Man United, Nottingham Forest, Bournemouth, Swansea, Sp**s, City, City, Brighton, Newcastle, Man United and Leicester on repeat for a month. Perhaps maybe even when we almost let Ostersund comeback despite winning 3-0 away in the first leg.

We actually lost 18 times in total last season. That's ridiculous for a club our size.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I hope this does not turn as bad as when David Dein was pushed out by Fiszman/PHW

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Anybody who wants Wenger back should be forced to rewatch the defeats to Stoke, Liverpool, Watford, City, Man United, Nottingham Forest, Bournemouth, Swansea, Sp**s, City, City, Brighton, Newcastle, Man United and Leicester on repeat for a month. Perhaps maybe even when we almost let Ostersund comeback despite winning 3-0 away in the first leg.

We actually lost 18 times in total last season. That's ridiculous for a club our size.
I was only joking:lol:

He looks happy en0ugh and I'm happy for him. But there's getting away from the fact that is not good and this club still has no direction.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Tbf we didn't have anything in place back then, other than Gazidis I think?

We probably could've been in an even worse position than now.

Rumour was that Wenger wanted to step down after that fa cup win, but Gazidis didn’t have the new structure set up yet so they weren’t prepared for it at the time.

MustOezil

This is a typical case of an organization trying to restructure. We lost our two most powerful figures in the last few years, which created a cascading power struggle. This is a pitfall that many clubs fall into when transitioning. However, for us it is especially tough.

What is so painful for me is seeing everything that Wenger stood for vanish. The loyalty to the staff, the integrity the management to carry out what they're tasked for, and the beautiful football. This power vacuum left by Wenger was filled by Gazidis bringing in Raul, Sven and Emery. But when Ivan the bald left, this triumvirate, all of whom have joined within the last year or two, have gone rogue.

Too bad it is the most talented, truly world class at his job German who is being pushed out. I respect his achievements and trust that his quirky way of working would bear massive fruits if managed correctly.

Something tells me that Raul and Emery haven't been at Arsenal long enough to put their egos aside for the best of the club long term, and are seeking to stamp their authority.

Promoting Raul, who was hired as an equal to Mislintat, now creates an imbalance and hence this ridiculous situation. I blame this on incompetent and negligent management by Kroenkes.

Now it is clear why Emery is snot playing Özil without reprecussions from management, he must have Rauls backing.

**** this Spanish duo. I hope Kroenke ****s off and sells this club, so someone who truly cares can run this great footballing institution the way it deserves to be run.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Not worried by this longterm but the timing is awkward.

Yeah I feel the same, really bad timing..

Chelsea game will be important not only for our top 4 hopes, but for the atmosphere around the club. If we lose that, I fear it will get toxic again like last season.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He was apparently the genius who negotiated the Neymar deal.

You know the deal which involved a €40m payment to Neymar’s dad and got Barcelona charged with tax fraud.

Raul was also involved and tied up the deal that saw Barcelona give €40 + Eto’o to Inter Milan for Ibrahimovic.

Italian job by Inter Milan. Biggest robbery in Europe by far.

:lol:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Raul was also involved and tied up the deal that saw Barcelona give €40 + Eto’o to Inter Milan for Ibrahimovic.

Italian job by Inter Milan. Biggest robbery in Europe by far.

:lol:

To be fair, it could have been a great deal for Barcelona had Ibrahimovic not fallen out with Guardiola.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Just look at this don.
14816696252718.jpg

Mislintat out, Monchi & Nzonzi in.
We go again.

No more bald frauds.

Ajax are about to get raided by Europe’s elite again. Drive a dump truck full of money up to Overmars’ house.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

To be fair, it could have been a great deal for Barcelona had Ibrahimovic not fallen out with Guardiola.

No chance that was Ibrahimovic’s market value. So, it was a horrible deal for Barcelona.

Samuel Eto’o was lethal and one of the best in the world at that time.

IIRC Eto’o, Henry & Messi combined had 100 goals the season before with Eto’o racking up 36 of them.

progman07

Established Member
Personally, I'm not going to get worked up about this. If Sven and Raul aren't on the same page, then one of them should go. Who am I to say which one? I don't have any inside knowledge of what's going on and neither do I have a portal into either man's mind. No one person is irreplaceable. There are a lot of people out there who are top notch at scouting and identifying talent. I'm a fan of Sven, but Sven isn't short for Svengali. He's not some magical shaman. The leadership of the club should share a vision and if they don't it's best to rectify that now rather than allowing it to fester.
That sounds too rational for a football forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom