• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
You said we’re not biologically meant to be vegans which is not true because there are millions out there who are and are doing just fine. I just wanted to point out your bilogical argument is false because we never ate a lot of meat and were mostly vegeterians. The point beign meat is not some biological predisposition for humans.

As a vegetarian since 1973, I concur. And in case you need it, here's proof that you're right.

https://www.npr.org/sections/13.7/2...e-meathooked-but-not-designed-for-meat-eating

By the way, when I was in my 30s and early 40s, I rode a bicycle at high speed and up steep hills and mountains for 90 to 120 minutes every single day and played tennis for a couple of hours three times a week on top of that. I barely became winded. And I did it on a low-fat vegan diet. So I speak from experience that the notion that a vegan/vegetarian diet is somehow detrimental to your health or energy levels is a myth.

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bellerin’s diet is of no concern, I doubt the club would allow it if it was thought to have a serious impact. If anything it shows his discipline and won’t come back overweight from eating junk.

Hopefully this doesn’t make him want to move again, as I’m guessing he’ll take this as an opportunity to visit his family for an extended period.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Vegans are closely closing in on religious folks as being annoying !

I know everybody who is a vegan at work
I dont know if anybody is religious or not
Where exactly have I annoyed you? I just stated a fact that vegans recover at the same pace as do non-vegans which I know from experience recovering from injuries before and after going vegan. If you've got problems with the vegans at work take it up with those vegans at work. And looking at the style of your posting I'm sure they are more annoyed with you than you with them.

Reactions: CJJ

pikey2000

Damn..we can't catch a break, i've questioned Hector defensively however despite that just wanted to see him back and us establish a 1st team back 4 for the rest of the season, looks like AMN gets to play out of position for the rest of the season.....not sure if that is a good thing

+ gets more play time
- Becomes even more of a utility player. Can see him becoming the next Ox, i.e has to move to get his favoured position, bit annoying as he should at the very least be taking Elnenys CM play time.

NZgunner

I feared the worst when I saw it, and the way he left the pitch with his arm over his eyes showed that he knew it.

We'll miss him both offensively and defensively and sadly no-one in the squad comes close to covering for him adequately for the rest of the season.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Where exactly have I annoyed you? I just stated a fact that vegans recover at the same pace as do non-vegans which I know from experience recovering from injuries before and after going vegan. If you've got problems with the vegans at work take it up with those vegans at work. And looking at the style of your posting I'm sure they are more annoyed with you than you with them.

Your experience is not data, just anecdotal.

Feelings presented as facts annoy me regardless of subjects

Vegans annoy me in general with holier then thou attitude, disturbing legit businesses and breaking the law

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Your experience is not data, just anecdotal.

Feelings presented as facts annoy me regardless of subjects

Vegans annoy me in general with holier then thou attitude, disturbing legit businesses and breaking the law
So I've given one data point, thats one more than what you've given. What is even your point, your posts are just ranting against vegans. You haven't expressed an opinion, much less substantiate it with data. Do you think vegans recover faster, equal or slower than non vegans? And whats the basis for your thought, or are you just presenting your feeling as a fact.

Reactions: CJJ

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
So I've given one data point, thats one more than what you've given. What is even your point, your posts are just ranting against vegans. You haven't expressed an opinion, much less substantiate it with data. Do you think vegans recover faster, equal or slower than non vegans? And whats the basis for your thought, or are you just presenting your feeling as a fact.
None of the above. There is a vegan trend starting and he is just doing his usual gymnastics to make sure he isn't part of the crowd. Literally will go against anything deemed to be a popular opinion or a notion gaining ground and attention.
When we all God on the messiah return, he'll be the fool running the other way. Just because everyone else did the opposite. Check his posts. It is the theme.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
FFS the lack of understanding of evolutionary biology on this forum. If you're going to argue against veganism based on certain populations that eat/have eaten omnivorously, you might as well argue against wearing clothes, building stadiums, playing football, using plumbing and writing on a bloody internet forum!!! Forget Arsenal and this forum, strip naked, burn all of your worldy possessions, go to the woods and forage and **** and piss there!
I would agree with you as far as the end of the first sentence. Evolutionary biology does not mean, "I am what I want to be, regardless of science and facts" though. You can eat what you want, that doesn't mean everything you eat is good for your body and is what you were meant to eat.

We have invented cars and planes and tanks. We still have two legs. The mistake of the internet generation is to believe that nature will obey the laws they make up as they go along. Evolution, by definition, takes a very long time. The (minority) trend towards veganism started yesterday in evolutionary terms. It has changed our insides not one whit.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
None of the above. There is a vegan trend starting and he is just doing his usual gymnastics to make sure he isn't part of the crowd. Literally will go against anything deemed to be a popular opinion or a notion gaining ground and attention.
When we all God on the messiah return, he'll be the fool running the other way. Just because everyone else did the opposite. Check his posts. It is the theme.

This stuff again?

I like plenty of things that are popular
And you are dead wrong in thinking I am a contrarian. I am if anything a moderate

If we see, har or read something that we dont agree with we should speak up

Free Exchange of ideas move the world forward, sadly more and more voices are raised to silence people today.

Vegans are annoying because they are extremists

For instance, yup we should eat less factory farmed meat. Most of it is a horrible practise.
Personally I tackle that issue with hunting for most of my and my families meat, healthier and ecco friendly. If I buy meat it is locally farmed buy it straight from a farmer
Yet im a "murderer" according to vegans. Gotten my property sabotaged and my club arsoned. Friends assaulted and so on.

It is the same with too many issues today

Gursha

How did you guys managed to turn this into vegan conversation' or even worse, a religious conversation?

Wtf thats the beauty of football, it neutralises everything. lets just hope our player gets fit as fast as he can ...

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
And you are dead wrong in thinking I am a contrarian. I am if anything a moderate

Just giving you a rev YeahBee.

Boring day at work. Happen to share many of the views you pointed to here regarding the vegan stuff.. No issue with their existence but I wish they wouldn't remind us all the time.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

As a piece of prose this is truly, truly awful, and that cannot be understated. But the sentiment is bang on. Bellerin is easily the most interesting player around these days and we’re lucky to have him. The fact that some fans still give him grief for his lifestyle is beyond me, and frankly if you do then it’s a fantastic indicator of your shortcomings as a person.

Hopefully he’ll be getting a lot of support from Arsenal fans during his recovery and hopefully we show him how much we appreciate him, cos there won’t be another Bellerin for a very long time, and that’s a sad thing.

Gursha

https://www.arsenal.com/news/team-news-update-hector-bellerin

"Further to the injury sustained during our match against Chelsea on Saturday, we can confirm that Hector has ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament of his left knee.

Hector will undergo surgery to repair this in the coming days. The rehabilitation process is expected to take between six to nine months and therefore rules Hector out of action for the remainder of this season.

Everyone at the club will now be working as hard as we can to ensure Hector is back on the pitch as soon as possible next season."

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Very sad news. Also, people suggesting his vegan diet has anything to do with this, check yourself ffs. I swear the anti-vegan crowd is so much worse than the actual vegans they accuse of being annoying.

Being vegan requires insane discipline and commitment. I applaud anyone who is doing it as it's simply the right thing to do and requires so much effort.

Thankfully knee injuries like this have become much easier to recover from in recent years. Still a rough recovery for him personally, but this would've been a likely career ender not long ago. He'll be back and fine more than likely.

CJJ

Established Member
This stuff again?

I like plenty of things that are popular

If we see, har or read something that we dont agree with we should speak up

Free Exchange of ideas move the world forward, sadly more and more voices are raised to silence people today.

For instance, yup we should eat less factory farmed meat. Most of it is a horrible practise.
Personally I tackle that issue with hunting for most of my and my families meat, healthier and ecco friendly. If I buy meat it is locally farmed buy it straight from a farmer
Yet im a "murderer" according to vegans. Gotten my property sabotaged and my club arsoned. Friends assaulted and so on.

It is the same with too many issues today
Its intellectually dishonest to label all vegans as annoying because you've been harrased by a few vegans. Its like saying all muslims are terrorists.
And just a reminder.. most vegans are vegans regardless of method of killing. Their primary reason is ethics.

I recommend you go watch some debates about this on youtube if you are actually interested in bathing in the "free exchange of ideas", because it is very hard to argue against vegan ethics unless you want to be logically inconsistent or have very dubious morals. I suggest the mind game "name the trait".
It sounds to me like you've never sat down and thought about your own morals in depth. Why you believe its not okay to kill a dog vs a pig. Or what makes it immoral to kill a brain-dead vegestable human but fair game to murder cows.

BUT this should not turn into a vegan debate club, i just wanted to point out that your generalization was flawed. Consider this my last contribution on this topic - I'll get back to Arsenal now.

Last edited:

Preacher

Always Crying
Ws1HffX.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom