• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denis Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeNwT

Well, Milinkovic-Savic was one of the stars of the 2015 U-20 World Cup when Lazio signed him from Genk. And there were reports just yesterday that Real Madrid was willing to pay €160 million for him. Arsenal will have some money to spend in the summer, but I don't think it's realistic to think they'll be shopping on Rodeo Drive. Özil, Lacazette, Alexis and Aubameyang were relative bargains.

Also, Arsenal has to think about the present as well as the future. Denis Suarez may not be a sexy name to most fans, but he's actually a very good player. Not everyone on your team needs to be a galactico. Even Real Madrid doesn't do that anymore. If Emery thinks Denis can help shore up the team for a run at the top 4 and Europa League, I can't think of any reason to oppose this. Arsenal needs to make it back into the Champions League this year in order to maximize their financial muscle and be able to compete for the sort of players you want them to sign.

I know Savic’s history. It doesn’t matter about reports. The Lazio fans racially abused him. Step in and offer him a way out. It’s what we did with Torreria as Sampdoria needed the money and Guendouzi because he fell out with the owner of the club.

So we won’t be shopping on Rodeo drive but almost every transfer window for the last few years we have been ? Also as you pointed out they were bargains so why can’t we find another ? What’s your actual point ? I also read the link with rudimentary run of the mill Real Madrid article. It means nothing. The writer used Real Madrid’s status to slap an imaginary price tag on Savic and create content. He’s worth 60 mill, offer 50 just to turn his head and unsettle him, kind of test the waters.

Özil won’t be sold in January but in the summer move him on. Sell Elneny raise funds and buy quality players. I trust Emery but I’m not excited over Suarez as we’re replacing an excellent Midfielder in ramsey with a bit part player in Suarez.

This kind of reminds me of replacing Sánchez with Mkhitarian. I’d rather avoid these kind of scenarios.

Also I’m sure we can sign one of our future younger targets now. Why waste the money on Suarez ?

If he arrives I’ll support him. I’m just saying there’s other feasible options. I’m not a fan of buying big names. I understand there’s an opportunity to buy him but he’s the type of underwhelming signing we’ve become accustomed to.

AeNwT

Hope this deal is only with the option to buy. I believe this deal is the possible area of contention between sven, as they are signing him without his blessing as falls outside of his transfer plans.

an option to buy gives us the best of both. If it doesn't work out Sven still has his budget and if it does then Sven can also give it the green light.

This ties in perfectly with my previous point. If signing Suarez will lead to discontent between staff and fans and we have question marks over his value and the loan to buy option. Why not leave it to Mislintat in the summer or at least try to bring in a summer target now ? I’m not after galactico’s but replacing legends like Ramsey... yeah I said it, with questionable talent is a reoccurring problem we need to fix

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Also I’m sure we can sign one of our future younger targets now. Why waste the money on Suarez ?

If he arrives I’ll support him. I’m just saying there’s other feasible options. I’m not a fan of buying big names. I understand there’s an opportunity to buy him but he’s the type of underwhelming signing we’ve become accustomed to.

How can Arsenal sign a future younger target (as opposed to the ancient Denis Suarez who turned 25 a couple of weeks ago) now when they can only take players on loan this transfer window? Care to explain how that's going to work? Who are these feasible options when Premier League rules prevent you from adding to your wage bill this transfer period?

I'm sorry that you're underwhelmed by the thought of signing Denis Suarez, but the transfer window is not about winning the headlines and impressing your mates with the spectacular transfer your club just made. It's about improving the team and trying to reach a goal.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Cos not. Just saying that we should seriously have a look at him or another pacy winger in the future or (summer) rather than regret mid next season when they have been taken by other PL teams and are taking the league by storm!
I really hope we sign Denis as a Ramsey replacement (CM)

Fair enough. When you said "get this done with" it sounded like you were talking this window. Zaha (who my spellcheck keeps wanting to call Haha) would seem a fine option. Depends, of course, on how Emery rates him and thinks he would fit into the club, but I think any club would be lucky to have him.

I can see Denis doing quite well in the role Ramsey played on Saturday, but he also has some other qualities that should make him a versatile addition.

AeNwT

How can Arsenal sign a future younger target (as opposed to the ancient Denis Suarez who turned 25 a couple of weeks ago) now when they can only take players on loan this transfer window? Care to explain how that's going to work? Who are these feasible options when Premier League rules prevent you from adding to your wage bill this transfer period?

I'm sorry that you're underwhelmed by the thought of signing Denis Suarez, but the transfer window is not about winning the headlines and impressing your mates with the spectacular transfer your club just made. It's about improving the team and trying to reach a goal.

So Denis Suarez is the only player in the world we can sign ? We couldn’t loan anyone else, even on a loan to buy ?

What are you on about winning headlines and impressing mates ?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Suarez is 25? Bloke's had a career of a 20 year old so far yet he's practically 29.

giphy.gif

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
So Denis Suarez is the only player in the world we can sign ? We couldn’t loan anyone else, even on a loan to buy ?

What are you on about winning headlines and impressing mates ?

No, but he's the realistic player that Arsenal can sign and who Emery thinks can help the team right now. Emery is the manager. You are not. Thus, Arsenal will try to acquire the players he wants, not the ones you want.

When you refer to Suarez as "underwhelming," that indicates you're looking for a bigger splash. A bigger splash is only necessary for the sake of headlines. Since you know far less about this player than Emery does, his opinion is more important than you not being underwhelmed.

Again, I ask you, who are these players Arsenal could bring in on loan in January who would be an upgrade on Denis Suarez with similar (but better) qualities? I've asked you more than once. You keep talking in general terms, but can't seem to cite anyone specific who Arsenal could actually realistically get on loan in this transfer window. So it's time for you to crap or get off the pot on this.

Beast Incarnate

No, but he's the realistic player that Arsenal can sign and who Emery thinks can help the team right now. Emery is the manager. You are not. Thus, Arsenal will try to acquire the players he wants, not the ones you want.

When you refer to Suarez as "underwhelming," that indicates you're looking for a bigger splash. A bigger splash is only necessary for the sake of headlines. Since you know far less about this player than Emery does, his opinion is more important than you not being underwhelmed.

Again, I ask you, who are these players Arsenal could bring in on loan in January who would be an upgrade on Denis Suarez with similar (but better) qualities? I've asked you more than once. You keep talking in general terms, but can't seem to cite anyone specific who Arsenal could actually realistically get on loan in this transfer window. So it's time for you to crap or get off the pot on this.

Some people play a few games of FIFA and think they're experts and clubs just hand out their best players on loan in the January transfer window. It's ridiculous.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Some people play a few games of FIFA and think they're experts and clubs just hand out their best players on loan in the January transfer window. It's ridiculous.

You know, I hadn't even really considered the impact of video games (since I'm old and don't play them myself). That's a great point. I was just figuring it was a combination of familiarity bias and parroting what other fans say on Twitter and in forums. But you're probably right. If a player isn't a video star they can't be any good.

neimad

In the latest of odd Barca transfers, they’ve signed Kevin-Prince Boateng. This should push the Suarez signing along.

I’m excited- I can’t lie. I don’t expect him to transform us into title contenders but he has a lot of ability. You just get the feeling he’ll flourish here, it’s the right move for him and us.

Kevin Prince Boateng?!! :confused:

That's such a non-Barca like signing. So Odd.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Super weird.

Like their signing of Paulinho, and their weird pursuit of Willian.

They’re under financial pressure. I think they’re gonna sell Boateng to a Chinese club in the summer and generate a scummy few million. They did it with Paulinho and I’m fairly sure they would’ve done it with Willian.

Don’t be surprised if Vidal winds up there either. Honestly, they’re such a corrupt franchise. But nobody seems to give a **** :lol:.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

It's not really. I doubt he'll see significant time on the pitch. It's more a safety signing for depth if Suarez or Malcom is leaving (remember that they're not getting much pitch time themselves).

AeNwT

@Slartibartfast I’ve just realised you’re the same guy I schooled on Savic earlier :D. Are you upset ? Is this why you’re acting as if I asked us to splash the cash or go looking for headlines ? He’s underwhelming because he’s rode Barca’s bench for almost three years and in comparison to what Mislintat recruited at dortmund (who lead the bundesliga) I’m not that impressed. I already said I’d support him. So what’s your problem ?

I also said in an earlier post sell Özil now or in the summer... did this also offend you ? I’d rather sign a player because we want them. Not just because they’re available on loan.

Why don’t you post the rest of what I said earlier ? Also we still have Mislintat. Have you taken notice of the players dortmund signed in his last couple seasons for pennies ? Many of them would walk right into our starting line up. Again Dortmund paid pennies for them and are top of the league.

Also because I haven’t named names, it means no one else in the world is available ? Don’t be niaive or try to use this to boost your weak argument. Chelsea sold and signed two respected strikers this week. Liverpool sold Solanke for 20mil but we can’t sell anyone or sign anyone. It’s pathetic and fans like you act angry at other fans for voicing a logical opinion. The club needs to do better

Last edited:

AeNwT

Ok. But Arsenal couldn’t loan a player from a club who need to sell or release players ? Why do you think Torreria was available at a reduced price ? There are several big clubs in dier financial scenarios.

AeNwT

You know, I hadn't even really considered the impact of video games (since I'm old and don't play them myself). That's a great point. I was just figuring it was a combination of familiarity bias and parroting what other fans say on Twitter and in forums. But you're probably right. If a player isn't a video star they can't be any good.
Have you heard of analytics ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom