• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryer

Laca's reputation was negatively impacted by some of the glaring misses earlier on. Goals he should have and would have scored under normal circumstances. He was overly eager. We need a calm, steady and lethal Lacazette.

Technically he is a superb striker.

Mraven

But the first statement needs refinement. That is what myself and many of the other members are arguing about. Just because the numbers are not huge, it doesn't mean he is not world-class. If you are comparing with Giroud, please find the opponent teams and the circumstances in which Giroud scored goals and Laca scored goals. Giroud, whenever he played he played as a lone striker. Laca mostly played with Auba. Even though Auba was said to be playing on the wing, he was always there to receive the ball in the box at a much better position. Most of the times, it always made sense for Laca to pass the ball to Auba rather than go for the shot himself. That doesn't mean that Laca is not capable of crunching the numbers. He can. He raked those numbers in Lyon. Here, he just adapted his game for his team-mates. That makes him world-class.

Is this a joke? These are excactly the same arguments that were used to defend Giroud a few years ago. Even the way he used to create space for Alexis

Lacazette is a good striker. He has the potential to be world class if he get himself into more goal scoring positions. Let’s hope Emery’s videos will help out with that

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Lacazette is a good striker. He has the potential to be world class if he get himself into more goal scoring positions. Let’s hope Emery’s videos will help out with that
He is considered world class by some because there are not many quality strikers today, that makes him one of the best now but only good when you compare him to strikers 10+ years ago.
I'm quite happy with that but this forum sometimes require special patience when you see trolls posting comments after Laca doesn't score and we lose the game.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Is this a joke? These are excactly the same arguments that were used to defend Giroud a few years ago. Even the way he used to create space for Alexis

Lacazette can try to get into goal scoring positions if he is a lone striker. If he is played as a lone striker, I am pretty sure he will. Unfortunately his first season here gave a wrong image about his abilities. He was adapting to a new league, playing with injury and his team mates were still not having a proper chemistry with him to find him when he takes those runs.
When you play 2 strikers, you can't ask both the strikers to try and get into goal scoring positions. It will cause a disconnect. If one person takes the run, the other must stay a little bit behind for link-up.
On comparison with Giroud. Laca has a little bit more pace compared to Giroud. If a chance does come his way, Laca's finishing is lot more lethal than Giroud. Laca is better in making that final pass than Giroud. And he has a lot more hunger than Giroud.

jus2nang

Where does this term come from? Excuse my ignorance but have never heard this being used before.
It's an American term. Often used in sports like American football, for example a particular quarter back might have a habit of making the key pass late in big games to change/win the game - he would be called a clutch player. Delivering in the big moments.

In football terms think Gerrard v Olympiakos or West Ham. Think Drogba in most finals. Ramsey in FA Cup finals.

Big game player or one that delivers in the big moments.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It's an American term. Often used in sports like American football, for example a particular quarter back might have a habit of making the key pass late in big games to change/win the game - he would be called a clutch player. Delivering in the big moments.

In football terms think Gerrard v Olympiakos or West Ham. Think Drogba in most finals. Ramsey in FA Cup finals.

Big game player or one that delivers in the big moments.
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
If he is played in a front 2 then I dont see why we would sell him. If Auba is played on the wing to accomodate Laca, then I could see him being sold and a pacey winger purchased with the money. Hopefully Emery will play with a front 2 and invest in a top winger or 2.
Actually both play much better in a front 2... and as lone striker I prefer Laca ... but Liverpool could played Mane, Salah and Firminho... I think we could play Özil (free) Laca and Auba and 3 midfield ... and 4 back. I hate Emery is not trying it.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
We need both players to start every league game possible. Calculating pointless levels of worth is just a waste of time.

Read a book instead

Dude if we get into a Book-reading contest you better be frekkin John Holmes because im Ron Jeremy!

I agree we should play both thou, preferably both upfront, second choice is Auba on the wing,
Third is only Laca upfront,
Only Auba upfront would be my last choice

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Dude if we get into a Book-reading contest you better be frekkin John Holmes because im Ron Jeremy!

I agree we should play both thou, preferably both upfront, second choice is Auba on the wing,
Third is only Laca upfront,
Only Auba upfront would be my last choice
A lovely conundrum with various applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom