• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom349

Mate as much as it pains me to say sp*rs are a very very good side and we have just seen them grind out a victory with multiple injuries last weekend.

Chelsea & Manu have spent millions upon millions in key positions and can easily finish above us giving only 70-80% performances.

I’m not sure how you come to the conclusion that we should be ahead of any of these teams with our long standing squad issues and a new manager. It’s madness.

We might do it, it would be a fantastic achievement. But it’s going to be very difficult, especially as Özil and Miki our 2 key creative players are having sub-par seasons.

Sp**s are a good side but they moved stadiums and have struggled since moving there. They lost what is the biggest advantage a team can have and that is having home ground advantage. They have also had problems in the back line with injuries and now have problems up front with injuries. They aren't as good as last season, that much is clear.

United were playing terrible football and not getting results and yet in less a month of sacking their manager are already level on points with us. There are similarities in the way Mourinho usage of Pogba holding United back and the way Emery has treated Ramsey and Özil that has held us back in certain games.

Chelsea have a new manager as well and they're under going far more change under him than what our players are under Emery. It doesn't take players long to learn how to run and where to run which is only real change Emery has brought to the side whilst being more disconnected in attack and defence. Their team is old and lacks creativity and the ability to put the ball in the net outside of Hazard.

Özil and Miki struggles are more to do with how the manager is using them rather than how they're playing. These are the decisions which like sending Chambers on loan that Emery is responsible for, when used correctly Özil especially has shown he can contribute and whilst his style may not suit the way Emery wants to play bigger teams, Emery needs to adapt his style for teams who aren't prepared to attack us.

But I’m surprised you don’t think a new manager in a new league has some license to experiment in order to find that balance, particularly when the team is injury ravaged.

I never forbid him to experience. He can experience for next 100 years for all I care.

We still have been lacking consistency in finding our best balance and performance for the whole season.

pikey2000

We're not competing alongside Liverpool and City they're running their own race. We are in the battle for the final two spots in the top 4 alongside Chelsea, Sp**s and United.

Sp**s moved stadiums and struggled to adjust having lost four times there and only dropping 6 points away from home. If they hadn't moved to the point they would most likely be a lot closer to City and Liverpool on the table. They have gone backwards on last season and will probably go even further back given their about to miss key personnel over the next month.

Chelsea added two completely average midfielders who their fans do not want. Kepa has also struggled and on form so far is a considerable downgrade on Courtius. They also have an ageing squad with a number of players looking past their best, which is more noticeable this season.

United sacked their manager for failing to perform with the talent he had. They're now level on points with us.

Our squad is ahead of Chelsea and we're three points behind them. Both teams have new managers with the playing style of Sarri being far harder to adapt from Conti then what it is from Wenger to Emery. We've had two major injuries and a couple of niggles, lets not blow things out of proportion, although going forward Bellerin is a considerable loss. Also not a coincidence that these injuries are often a result of fatigue, which leads to questions about Emerys training methods and playing style and how sustainable it is over the course of the season.

We will have to agree to disagree, its all opinion based anyway.

I don't think you can say people are wrong when they the competition has increased in quality and then immediately discount Liverpool because they are running their own league with City - the very fact they are running their own league with City only re-enforces the argument competition has improved as they were not on par with City last season, they have definitely improved.

My perception of Sp**s is that they have been more consistent than last season but i cant find their points tally now vs same time last season so its purely my opinion.

Chelsea lost a good keeper and replaced with a steady keeper, lost a poor CM in Bakayouko and replaced with two CM's, I don't see that they weakened their side and feel as though their squad is more balanced than ours right now, again just my opinion.

Ref our injuries, I don't think you can dispute not having our 1st choice LB and CB for the majority of the 1st half of the season and then losing their deputies to the point where we had to play other players out of position as cover has saw us drop points where we wouldn't have done so under normal circumstances.

say yes

forum master baiter
@Tom349 why do you keep saying that Sp**s are a worse side since last season because they’ve moved to a temporary stadium and have therefore lost their home advantage?

Even ignoring the fact that Sp**s have had their best ever start to a league season- Sp**s were also at Wembley last year..

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sp**s are a good side but they moved stadiums and have struggled since moving there. They lost what is the biggest advantage a team can have and that is having home ground advantage. They have also had problems in the back line with injuries and now have problems up front with injuries. They aren't as good as last season, that much is clear.

United were playing terrible football and not getting results and yet in less a month of sacking their manager are already level on points with us. There are similarities in the way Mourinho usage of Pogba holding United back and the way Emery has treated Ramsey and Özil that has held us back in certain games.

Chelsea have a new manager as well and they're under going far more change under him than what our players are under Emery. It doesn't take players long to learn how to run and where to run which is only real change Emery has brought to the side whilst being more disconnected in attack and defence. Their team is old and lacks creativity and the ability to put the ball in the net outside of Hazard.

Özil and Miki struggles are more to do with how the manager is using them rather than how they're playing. These are the decisions which like sending Chambers on loan that Emery is responsible for, when used correctly Özil especially has shown he can contribute and whilst his style may not suit the way Emery wants to play bigger teams, Emery needs to adapt his style for teams who aren't prepared to attack us.
You’re treading water here. Assumptions upon assumptions.

I’d say Emery adapted his style pretty well for Sp**s and Chelsea when he wasn’t ravaged by injuries.

Comparing to last season's performance against the top 6, this time we already have 8 points with 3 more games to go. City away, Sp**s away and utd home in the PL. I expect atleast 3 points from those fixtures. Last season we only had 6 points, against the top 6 in the PL. So there definitely has been an improvement with how we approach the big games, and the level of intensity we play in them. Emery is doing good. With time, he will improve us. No doubt.

Aevi

Hale End FC
You’re not alone in your early criticism of Emery, but with respect, there’s a lot of conflicting statements and back peddling in that post bro. ;)
The only backpeddling was that I cooled my opinion on the Emery situation after a frustrated response to the West Ham game. I'll eat my words on my one outlying comment, fair enough, but I still maintain that there is reason to criticize him. I'm not on here to sit back and applaud the club for everything, there's more to games than that and if I have something critical to say, I'll say it. We have different opinions on certain things, and that's fine, but I think many opinions are being misconstrued and that's what I keep trying to clarify because it's a little frustrating.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The only backpeddling was that I cooled my opinion on the Emery situation after a frustrated response to the West Ham game. I'll eat my words on my one outlying comment, fair enough, but I still maintain that there is reason to criticize him. I'm not on here to sit back and applaud the club for everything, there's more to games than that and if I have something critical to say, I'll say it. We have different opinions on certain things, and that's fine, but I think many opinions are being misconstrued and that's what I keep trying to clarify because it's a little frustrating.
That’s fair enough. As far as outlying comments go, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. ;)

But I don’t know what’s being misconstrued.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Omg what is this? :lol::lol::lol:

Dxhnws9X0AAvtnG.jpg

Dxhoos2XgAAJET4.jpg

DxhnNgeWsAMWTQs.jpg

DxhnSZzXQAU59JP.jpg

DxhqBRIWwAE0HAJ.jpg

Ornstein wasn't joking ffs

Özil looks like a man who got a few bullseyes. :lol:

Status