• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith-Rowe (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Yep & game time really limited before. To me seems odd moves unless the players pushing for the German clubs. Guess Nelson had the contract issue last summer so had power.
If they get game time, then I'm fine with them going to a German club at the German top division. Better than them playing in the Championship Level for instance. Also better than going to a Vitesse-level club like Chelsea does with a lot of their U23 players.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yep & game time really limited before. To me seems odd moves unless the players pushing for the German clubs. Guess Nelson had the contract issue last summer so had power.
The players are definitely forcing it. They want to play, and rightly so IMO as they are very talented and need a chance to prove it - chances they aren't really gonna get as much as they need by staying till the end of the season.

9jagooner

I said it in another thread that these players need to prove themselves to show they are good enough as starters for the first team so I'm happy with the loan moves.
Also glad they are not moving to Championship too. The Bundesliga is good enough for them to hone their skills and it's far away from media eyes and pressure

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Great loan if he gets given playing time. He'll have two terrific forwards ahead of him in Werner and Poulsen. Hopefully he can learn some things from a very similar player in Forsberg

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Thought this might be interesting to some of you.

The tranfermarkt PL insider on Smith-Rowe:

Smith Rowe is one of five youngsters who don't necessarily see their future with the Gunners. Leipzig has been monitoring him for one and a half years. RB was one of multiple Bundesliga loan options for him, but also the one club among them that could pay the asking price in case of a fix transfer. Leipzig are also closely watching Xavier Amaechi.

Asked why they don't see their future only at Arsenal:

Minimal chances for consistent game time. The trick of satisfying youngsters by playing them in early League Cup ties or against third rate opposition in the Europa League doesn't work anymore on the more ambitious among them, who have seen colleagues like Sancho, who would have faced a smiliar fate had he stayed in England, take an exceptional development in the Bundesliga.

The so called middle way of loaning them to a Championship club doesn't work out as easily anymore, too, because there a group of clubs has formed that primarily wants to get promoted, so young loan players from whose development and increase of value they don't profit don't fit their recruiting system anymore.

Furthermore those youngsters are very well connected today. On one hand they know each other personally from years of training together in several youth selections and on the other hand they are connected via a network of agents and middle men, who in recent years have worked to make the way to Germany easier.

On the guys credibility: Pretty high. I recently went back and looked for clues to what he actually does, and like I suspected, he/she works for a sports/football marketing and law consultation company in London. He's been dodgy calling specific transfers as he probably goes on hearsay from within the industry with those, but regarding general machinations and workings of the industry, how transfers are negotiated and done, how clauses actually play out and such, how different clubs/people generally operate, their current reputation and overall strategies, as well as insights regarding agents and general deals - he's pretty credible and insightful on those.

So if he says player X will transfer to club Y, I would take that with a proper grain of salt. But if he's saying there's a general dissatisfaction of younger players all around England because of a lack of playing time and these players themselves as well as their network of agents is working on options to get them off the island - I'd rate that as pretty credible.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Smith Rowe is one of five youngsters who don't necessarily see their future with the Gunners. Leipzig has been monitoring him for one and a half years. RB was one of multiple Bundesliga loan options for him, but also the one club among them that could pay the asking price in case of a fix transfer. Leipzig are also closely watching Xavier Amaechi.

Minimal chances for consistent game time. The trick of satisfying youngsters by playing them in early League Cup ties or against third rate opposition in the Europa League doesn't work anymore on the more ambitious among them, who have seen colleagues like Sancho, who would have faced a smiliar fate had he stayed in England, take an exceptional development in the Bundesliga.

The so called middle way of loaning them to a Championship club doesn't work out as easily anymore, too, because there a group of clubs has formed that primarily wants to get promoted, so young loan players from whose development and increase of value they don't profit don't fit their recruiting system anymore.

Furthermore those youngsters are very well connected today. On one hand they know each other personally from years of training together in several youth selections and on the other hand they are connected via a network of agents and middle men, who in recent years have worked to make the way to Germany easier.

On the guys credibility: Pretty high. I recently went back and looked for clues to what he actually does, and like I suspected, he/she works for a sports/football marketing and law consultation company in London. He's been dodgy calling specific transfers as he probably goes on hearsay from within the industry with those, but regarding general machinations and workings of the industry, how transfers are negotiated and done, how clauses actually play out and such, how different clubs/people generally operate, their current reputation and overall strategies, as well as insights regarding agents and general deals - he's pretty credible and insightful on those.

So if he says player X will transfer to club Y, I would take that with a proper grain of salt. But if he's saying there's a general dissatisfaction of younger players all around England because of a lack of playing time and these players themselves as well as their network of agents is working on options to get them off the island - I'd rate that as pretty credible.
Thanks TA. A great and informative post. We are seeing this in the market certainly.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Thanks TA. A great and informative post. We are seeing this in the market certainly.

Yes, it's definitely something we can see and going by those remarks I'd say there's more to come as it seems to be a very general and extensive feeling among players and these agents are pushing for it. Also ties in to the other stuff about Nelson being a prime project for Arsenal because his agent is well connected and reknowned in the youth player/academy system so the club wants to maintain a good relationship.

So there very well might not be an option to buy included in the current loan deal, but I wouldn't really rule out a future fix transfer in the summer, though, if Smith-Rowe pushes for it.

I could also very well see Nelson being one of the five youngsters who are thinking about leaving permanently, especially if down the line his game time might be blocked by the likes of Suarez, Perisic, Mkhitaryan and Iwobi. Think it's probably youngsters on the fringes of the first team with inconsistent game time in the first team. Smith-Rowe, Nelson, Willock, Nketiah, maybe Medley, Sheaf, Amaechi, Bielik.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
So there very well might not be an option to buy included in the current loan deal, but I wouldn't really rule out a future fix transfer in the summer, though, if Smith-Rowe pushes for it.
A few journalists have said that there's a chance the deal could extend the loan for another season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We see Smith-Rowe very talented player i hope we not sell him in summer specially if he preform well in Leipzig emery should put him straight into our starting 11 next season.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
A few journalists have said that there's an option in the deal to extend the loan for another season.

So it's a...loan with an option to loan...?

y2shiftyeyes.gif

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yes, it's definitely something we can see and going by those remarks I'd say there's more to come as it seems to be a very general and extensive feeling among players and these agents are pushing for it. Also ties in to the other stuff about Nelson being a prime project for Arsenal because his agent is well connected and reknowned in the youth player/academy system so the club wants to maintain a good relationship.

I could also very well see Nelson being one of the five youngsters who are thinking about leaving permanently, especially if down the line his game time might be blocked by the likes of Suarez, Perisic, Mkhitaryan and Iwobi. Think it's probably youngsters on the fringes of the first team with inconsistent game time in the first team. Smith-Rowe, Nelson, Willock, Nketiah, maybe Medley, Sheaf, Amaechi, Bielik.
Can definitely see this being the case, which is a huge worry for us long term. We must start giving them better opportunities.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

This fits well with that article I posted here a few weeks ago:

I think there's definitely truth in it.. If we don't give them a real chance next season I can see both Nelson and ESR wanting to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom