• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Monchi Targeted for Technical Director Role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I always saw this guy's name bandied about and lauded as one of the very best in the world. So, is he not that great after all then? I'm confused.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Monchi and Roma spent 120M on transfers this season but all the players they brought under preformed preformed. They still made 30M profit from players sales.

If he joins Arsenal he'll have hopefully better budget better scouting stuff manager he knows.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Cool, but how come people criticise his time with Roma? What went wrong?

Mainly because people don't know what the hell they're talking about. Maybe because they struggled a bit earlier this season (although they're battling for a CL spot now). Possibly because Monchi bought and sold Salah and Alisson for an £80 million profit to improve the club's financial position.

But he still has his worldwide network of about 700 scouts and has brought in such young starlets as Justin Kluivert, Patrik Schick and Cengiz Ünder in the last transfer window.

Plus, he used to go on long early morning walks with his buddy Maradona. :D

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
His reputation with Roma is mixed because he sold a lot of players for big profit, and brought a lot of newcomers who didn't blend easily in the system but they undoubtedly have talent.

I want to think that here he will have more breathing room but judging from the recent financial extravaganza I don't know what to think.

I remember when Roma's FB page posted it was his birthday, some Roma fans commented: "Monchi please don't sell your birthday cake!". :lol: Sums it up imo.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I feel Totti overshadowed everything at Roma until he came. Monchi changed the power equation.

Monchi was the one who retired him, and there were bound to be a big microscope over him after that.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
No personal attachment to this guy. Just hope we have a proper structure in place soon, so there is plenty of time to prepare for what I hope will be a busy summer.

Malky

Established Member
If you're going to conduct business with Monchi or Sven, based on looks, Monchi looks like a no nonsense, tells it like it is, straight down to business and drinks whiskey straight. Sven looks like he'll steer off course and start talking about veganism, recycling and climate change, while drinking green tea.

Leeroy1979

If we can bounce back from the Sven mess by ending up with monchi in place I'd say we will have recovered bloody well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom