• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Christopher Nkunku

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The way this will go, he stays at PSG, signs a new contract, price goes waaaay up, we’ll try again in summer only to be told he’s too expensive.

His price won't go up as he won't play. He will have one year left. However we could just go and buy Fornals for 28 million.

Leeroy1979

To be honest I'm not that bothered. Out of all the deals we have been linked with I wanted this the least. Simply because I can't see him improving us that much

Preacher

Always Crying
Let's hope Arsenal won't bottle summer transfer window. Imagine if we'll hear again the same phrases about lack of money and restrictions. New commercial deals will help, but missing CL again will very possibly create similar excuses.

Leeroy1979

Let's hope Arsenal won't bottle summer transfer window. Imagine if we'll hear again the same phrases about lack of money and restrictions. New commercial deals will help, but missing CL again will very possibly create similar excuses.
That is exactly my concern

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Really need to forget this transfer window fast being club with no money available to spend it hard to watch.

?

We shouldn't be relying on signing anything in January anyway.

This was a good window for us. Suarez will hopefully add some spark to our offence.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Last summer's business under this regime wasn't bad, no reason to think this summer's would be. Torreira, Guendouzi and Sokratis have been good, Leno's had some shaky moments but he's been an upgrade over Cech. Lichsteiner has been poor but he was a low risk signing for depth on a free, the 2nd year option of his contract won't be exercised.

As you say, CL is key but hopefully with that and the Adidas deal we'll see some more smart signings.

Leeroy1979

Your concern is clearly that we didn't waste 35M on your old pal Perisic.
My concern is we didn't get in what we needed to get in. Perisic would have improved us and was available. If other options of the same quality were available I would have wanted us to chase them up as well

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
?

We shouldn't be relying on signing anything in January anyway.

This was a good window for us. Suarez will hopefully add some spark to our offence.
I wanted a winger to help us get 4th had enough watching mkhi and Iwobi on wings. Suarez will add creativity and that good news

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Lock. Orny says he’s not coming.

pikey2000

I cant see how that can happen, Cech retires, Ramsey gone, Welbeck at the moment out of contract and the likes of Elneny/ospina half way out the door, not to mention potential departure of Chambers/Mustafi/Özil - the wage bill excuse simply won't fly and they know that.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
My concern is we didn't get in what we needed to get in. Perisic would have improved us and was available. If other options of the same quality were available I would have wanted us to chase them up as well
Available how? We tried to get a loan and they refused. What more did you want the club to do?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We did chase them up properly. We made a good call too. What you fail to understand, clearly, is that if we were forced into buying him at the end of the season we lose out on money we need for our proper targets.
It is quite clear the club are holding off as much as possible till the summer when we will have a whole lot of wages freed up as well as more funds to ascertain players. We needed stop gaps here, temporary solutions until we can get the player we wanted. If we aren;t getting that we need something that possibly covers the future. i.e. Suarez
This isn't FIFA and I am actually glad we didn't allow other clubs to bend us over backwards for players they are desperate to get rid of.

Top Bottom