• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal, February 3rd, 16:30 Sky Sports

Will Arsenal beat Bald Fraud FC?

• Yes

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 66 68.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 14.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
So it really is Jenkinson/Lich at right back. I think I'd consider playing 5atb with Iwobi as a wing back

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Boot them and the ball in the air circa mid 80's Crazy Gang.

Do you want us to end the match with 9 players?

Which PL referee is going to let us go and kick anyone off the park, let alone media darlings Manchester City?

Our players also have very little nous when it comes to knowing when and where to do something. You send them out hot with instructions to boot them into the air then I can easily see us giving away a penalty or two.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
You know, there are a couple of new posters who I find inexplicably annoying. If you're going to join, have a sense of humour, ffs.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Do you want us to end the match with 9 players?

Which PL referee is going to let us go and kick anyone off the park, let alone media darlings Manchester City?

Our players also have very little nous when it comes to knowing when and where to do something. You send them out hot with instructions to boot them into the air then I can easily see us giving away a penalty or two.

Have faith. I have a great vision. You don't need to understand my methods. We've tried it other ways for many seasons. Now lets try it my way. :lol:

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Have faith. I have a great vision. You don't need to understand my methods. We've tried it other ways for many seasons. Now lets try it my way. :lol:

Well the ref might be so shocked at the sight of Arsenal players kicking people he might forget to pull out his cards for the first half hour

We'll be Klopp's Liverpool but instead of gegenpressing in the first half we'll be gegentackling

Dj_sds -

Well the ref might be so shocked at the sight of Arsenal players kicking people he might forget to pull out his cards for the first half hour

We'll be Klopp's Liverpool but instead of gegenpressing in the first half we'll be gegentackling

ColorlessComposedApe-size_restricted.gif

Gegentackling in its purest form

HBL

Established Member
Wish there was a dislike button
Same, then I could dislike half the rubbish posted on here. You could've actually posted something insightful as to why you disagree. First of all, this is a one off game and getting anything from it would be a bonus, I believe our best chance of getting anything from this would be to target their full backs and if that means trying something random then I'm all for it. We aren't going to pass through City, even if Özil played, the quality of their starting XI is just far too strong. This is what I would play:

Aubameyang - Lacazette
Ramsey
Kolasinac - Guendouzi - Torreira - Iwobi
Monreal - Kosc - Mustafi
Leno​

I really don't understand why 3atb/5atb is so frowned upon, especially in big games like this, where it is going to be difficult to get a result. It could be a way for us to get two of our main attacking creators in the game tomorrow (Iwobi and Kolasinac) can cause problems against City's full backs without being too reliant on them defensively. Chelsea and other teams have proved that wingbacks don't necessarily need to be great defensively, Iwobi has the physical capabilities to match their wingers in terms of pace/strength and Kolasinac is just very good going forward so this formation suits him. Monreal/Mustafi should be suited to the wider cb roles as both have played as full backs before, Ramsey can drop in to help out the midfield two & Lacazette will be snapping at Fernandinho' heels like he always does, allowing Aubameyang to stretch their two cb's. Not expecting many, if any to agree with this line up but I think it could be the best chance we have of getting something out of the game without Xhaka/AMN.

HBL

Established Member
We don't have enough fit defenders to play it, that is the main reason. You made a 5 at the back formation and had to put a LB as one of the CBs and Iwobi as the wingback.
Playing a full back as one of the wider cb's is very common in a 3atb, allows you to have an extra player that is comfortable going one vs one with a winger, in case the wing back is out of position. Chelsea used Moses, Sevilla have used Jesus Navas when playing 3 atb, I really don't think playing Iwobi there for one game is a problem. He is mobile, unlike Lichtsteiner and actually gives the City defence something to think about in attack, unlike Jenkinson.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Playing a full back as one of the wider cb's is very common in a 3atb, allows you to have an extra player that is comfortable going one vs one with a winger, in case the wing back is out of position. Chelsea used Moses, Sevilla have used Jesus Navas when playing 3 atb, I really don't think playing Iwobi there for one game is a problem. He is mobile, unlike Lichtsteiner and actually gives the City defence something to think about in attack, unlike Jenkinson.
that might be true, but it is just lazy/desperate.

If you want to play 3 at the back, you put three natural CBs. this bullshittery about playing an RB at RCB and LB at LCB is what loses us matches.

Mraven

We don't have enough fit defenders to play it, that is the main reason. You made a 5 at the back formation and had to put a LB as one of the CBs and Iwobi as the wingback.

Yes we do. Monreal is more of a CB than LB anyway and we'll have Mavro on the bench. Playing four at the back with Kolasinac and Lich/jenko/AMN is **** against Sane and Sterling.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Yes we do. Monreal is more of a CB than LB anyway and we'll have Mavro on the bench. Playing four at the back with Kolasinac and Lich/jenko/AMN is **** against Sane and Sterling.
Except he's not. He's usually terrible as cb.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If we have any sense we will play the way United did against us. 8 men behind the ball and leave 3 up top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom