• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal, February 3rd, 16:30 Sky Sports

Will Arsenal beat Bald Fraud FC?

• Yes

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 66 68.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 14.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

You don’t want it, it’s very nasty. It’ll divide your nation and bring out the worst in everybody. Europe is better together having enjoyed it’s longest period of economic growth and peace in it’s entire history.
Might have to continue this in another thread, or the mods will ban me again.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Playing a full back as one of the wider cb's is very common in a 3atb, allows you to have an extra player that is comfortable going one vs one with a winger, in case the wing back is out of position. Chelsea used Moses, Sevilla have used Jesus Navas when playing 3 atb, I really don't think playing Iwobi there for one game is a problem. He is mobile, unlike Lichtsteiner and actually gives the City defence something to think about in attack, unlike Jenkinson.

What about the defensive side of the game? For all the talk Iwobi's defensive stats aren't that much better than Özil's (shocking I know but the numbers don't lie). You also can't just say Chelsea did this, Sevilla did that without looking further. Who else did they have in defence when Moses/Navas played in that position? I'm sure it was of a higher standard than Monreal-Mustafi-Koscielny. What are those two like defensively compared to Iwobi?

Yes we do. Monreal is more of a CB than LB anyway and we'll have Mavro on the bench. Playing four at the back with Kolasinac and Lich/jenko/AMN is **** against Sane and Sterling.

No, he isn't. No, we don't. We've lost Bellerin and Holding for the season and we were light on defensive numbers before the season even started.

Too much focus is placed on the formation. Remember when Wenger had a bit of success with 3 atb so he decided to use it every single game? Then eventually we started conceded the same number of goals that we usually do?

The formation isn't as important as the tactics and system. We could be utterly porous playing a 5-3-2 and defensively stable using a 4-4-2. It all depends on the players and how we utilize them

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The people don't know what they want just what they get told they want through illegally targeted adverts.

Now instead of admitting they were duped, they're doubling down and pretending they knew what rationing was like and that it will do the country some good.

Brexit on the horizon and a 6-0 thrashing even closer. What a time to be alive

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Cheers bro. It’s nasty here, the UK is in an existential struggle. Brexit will soon see a break up of our union and blood on the streets. Political extremists have got us in their grip by stealth.

Even the rich pro brexiters are moving their business out of the country ffs. :lol:

Just leave the Island and come to the continent mate.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Can't see us winning this. The only thing in our favour is that after this game we only have Sp**s away and United at home left to play amongst our rivals for 4th - Chelsea and United who both still have to play each other, Liverpool and City.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Tell you what would be nice, if they got a red card well early to make things even.

Manberg

Predator
anigif_enhanced-buzz-14710-1440681202-14.gif

Justice for Renly

ptrcopp

Same, then I could dislike half the rubbish posted on here. You could've actually posted something insightful as to why you disagree. First of all, this is a one off game and getting anything from it would be a bonus, I believe our best chance of getting anything from this would be to target their full backs and if that means trying something random then I'm all for it. We aren't going to pass through City, even if Özil played, the quality of their starting XI is just far too strong. This is what I would play:

Aubameyang - Lacazette
Ramsey
Kolasinac - Guendouzi - Torreira - Iwobi
Monreal - Kosc - Mustafi
Leno​

I really don't understand why 3atb/5atb is so frowned upon, especially in big games like this, where it is going to be difficult to get a result. It could be a way for us to get two of our main attacking creators in the game tomorrow (Iwobi and Kolasinac) can cause problems against City's full backs without being too reliant on them defensively. Chelsea and other teams have proved that wingbacks don't necessarily need to be great defensively, Iwobi has the physical capabilities to match their wingers in terms of pace/strength and Kolasinac is just very good going forward so this formation suits him. Monreal/Mustafi should be suited to the wider cb roles as both have played as full backs before, Ramsey can drop in to help out the midfield two & Lacazette will be snapping at Fernandinho' heels like he always does, allowing Aubameyang to stretch their two cb's. Not expecting many, if any to agree with this line up but I think it could be the best chance we have of getting something out of the game without Xhaka/AMN.

I think the reason why people dislike it is because we’re just as bad defensively with 5 as we are with 4, we lose what little control of the mid we have, and look stifled in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom