• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,468,118

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I'd honestly hold off on a back-up RB for the time being unless someone like Max Aarons is a genuine option. Would rather just let AMN cover and focus on CB, LB and a winger.

Hopefully with Willock and Nelson taking Elneny and Welbeck's places in the squad, the transfer committee can focus on buying starting level players.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I'd honestly hold off on a back-up RB for the time being unless someone like Max Aarons is a genuine option. Would rather just let AMN cover and focus on CB, LB and a winger.

Hopefully with Willock and Nelson taking Elneny and Welbeck's places in the squad, the transfer committee can focus on buying starting level players.
Aren't the spuds chasing Aarons too?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Aren't the spuds chasing Aarons too?
Yeah, they'll probably get him too since Trippier and Aurier aren't up to much. That's why I wouldn't prioritise a RB in the window, no point in getting into a bidding war for a back-up when there are more pressing needs. Even if it is for a top talent like Aarons.

HBL

Established Member
I'm not sure we even need a massive budget this summer, of course it would be great but something like £50m should also be viable if we have a proper clear out. Players that are guaranteed to be leaving:

Ramsey, Cech & Welbeck - £280k per week in wages

Players that could leave (some more likely):
  • David Opsina - £3m
  • Mohamed Elneny - £10m
  • Stephan Lichtsteiner - Free
  • Nacho Monreal - £7m
  • Carl Jenkinson - <500k
  • Shkodran Mustafi - £20m
  • Calum Chambers - £25m
  • Denis Suarez - No fee
  • Mesut Özil - £15-20m?
  • Henrikh Mkhitaryan - £15m
  • Emiliano Martinez - £2m
Highly unlikely that all of those players leave but I'd imagine we'll have at least £50-60m on top our budget plus well over £600-700k off the wage bill even if Özil is still here.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Yeah, they'll probably get him too since Trippier and Aurier aren't up to much. That's why I wouldn't prioritise a RB in the window, no point in getting into a bidding war for a back-up when there are more pressing needs. Even if it is for a top talent like Aarons.
If Aarons is as big of an Arsenal fan as his Twitter history shows, then we might not have to worry about that.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

Would be negligent imo. Whether its someone like Aarons or someone similar capable of pushing Bellerin we need to look into it because the market for fullbacks at the moment is dire. If you can get in a young and upcoming fullback you do it. Its an opportunity in an area you can't overlook.

Luckily, Monchi has a pretty solid rep at finding quality fullbacks.

Reactions: A_G

al-Ustaadh

Yeah, look at Raheem Sterling who was a United fan growing up but moved to Liverpool then City. I don't think fandom matters much to professionals.
It affects some more than others. Cole may have played for Chelsea, but that recent appearance on Sky showed he was clearly still affected by his emotions for Arsenal.

Also, I knew what I was saying when I said that about Aarons. Of course he’ll go to the club that pays more or gives him more game time. But if he likes to play pretty football, then that might give us a chance. Fact is we have a hole at back up for right back, can’t say the same about Tottenham. And unlike Chelsea, we play youth.

Last edited:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I'm not sure we even need a massive budget this summer, of course it would be great but something like £50m should also be viable if we have a proper clear out. Players that are guaranteed to be leaving:

Ramsey, Cech & Welbeck - £280k per week in wages

Players that could leave (some more likely):
  • David Opsina - £3m
  • Mohamed Elneny - £10m
  • Stephan Lichtsteiner - Free
  • Nacho Monreal - £7m
  • Carl Jenkinson - <500k
  • Shkodran Mustafi - £20m
  • Calum Chambers - £25m
  • Denis Suarez - No fee
  • Mesut Özil - £15-20m?
  • Henrikh Mkhitaryan - £15m
  • Emiliano Martinez - £2m
Highly unlikely that all of those players leave but I'd imagine we'll have at least £50-60m on top our budget plus well over £600-700k off the wage bill even if Özil is still here.

Feels like I've seen the same list for years :lol::(

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Also, I knew what I was saying when I said that about Aarons. Of course he’ll go to the club that pays more or gives him more game time. But if he likes to play pretty football, then that might give us a chance. Fact is we have a hole at back up for right back, can’t say the same about Tottenham. And unlike Chelsea, we play youth.
I wouldn't be surprised if started at Tottenham. Trippier and Aurier have both come in for a lot of criticism from Sp**s fans.

al-Ustaadh

I wouldn't be surprised if started at Tottenham. Trippier and Aurier have both come in for a lot of criticism from Sp**s fans.
Not sure he’d be a priority with what else they need and their limited budget. Of course, that could change if they sell Kane for big money.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Don't they also have the Walker-Peeters guy?

I disagree, I would try to go for a promising RB. There is no guarantee Bellerin will be match fit by the start of the season and it always helps to have genuine competition. AMN clearly lacks the toolkit for RB and it hurts his stock if he continues to play there.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Don't they also have the Walker-Peeters guy?

I disagree, I would try to go for a promising RB. There is no guarantee Bellerin will be match fit by the start of the season and it always helps to have genuine competition. AMN clearly lacks the toolkit for RB and it hurts his stock if he continues to play there.
I have no problem with signing a young RB, I just wouldn't spend big money on one considering the other needs in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom