• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrytheking14

No 5 at the back is all I ask. More defenders is not the same as better, if anything its asking for more probleme.
giphy.gif

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Implement a clear new system of play that the players understand. - Failed..

I think we all know what we are trying to do.

A very orthodox result oriented approach to get the most out of games, providing some sense of defensive structure.

Bellerin´s injury really changed our system. Before that we were much more dynamic.

We need points.

Get more out of individuals. - Some success but also the Ramsey and Özil situations count against him and most the squad have not moved forward beyond what you expect a years of experience gets you..

I could say all of our new signings bar Lich are working very well.

Bellerin season was absolutely fantastic before injury.

Iwobi´s improving.

Holding´s improving

Kola has improved.

Laca has improved.

Matteo is nothing but good news.

Unai has absolutely nothing to do with what happened with both Ramsey and Özil, it was the board.

Get the team motivated. - Failed

Debatable.

Improve the defense. -

Sokratis is a fantastic signing.

Lolo is back and he looks stronger than ever.

Bellerin´s massive improvement.

Kola cementing his place in the team.

Better results, less goals conceded than last season (not sure about the last one)

New GK, that looks good enough to play for us.

We are still very far away from what everyone wants to see from our team. I agree with you, but if we get CL he has done his job.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
In the begining it was clear what he wanted to do. Play from the back, 4 at the back and one deep midfielder to return back and make a back 3 in transition and defence. One more advanced mid to press and run and two inside wingers with a lot of overlapping from the fullbacks.

I think he was building something until the injury crisis, lack of balance and wasteman players made him overthink and overanalyze which now made us watch this uninspiring 3 at the back - pass to Kola bs. We don't even see proactive subs anymore and youngsters are nowhere to be seen - seems like insecurity atm.

I hope the period of insecurity and overanlyzing will soon be over and that we can take more risks and do something exciting like at the begining of the season when I felt what I haven't felt for a long time with the club.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

I think he was building something until the injury crisis, lack of balance and wasteman players made him overthink and overanalyze which now made us watch this uninspiring 3 at the back - pass to Kola bs.

Sad state of affairs that a fullback is our most creative outlet.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Please explain the Arsenal values.
Everybody keeps mentioning this but nobody can list them. Arsenal values this and this one doesn;t have Arsenal DNA yada yada ya.
What are they in your opinion?
Arsenal some years ago was known as a team like Barcelona... a team playing offensive football with good technical players with nice passing. A team who scouted players around the world like Hleb, Adebayor, Fábregas, Henry, etc... at that time we were respected and admired by some who enjoyed watching positive football.

So for me Arsenal by the hand of Arsène put some standards for us:

- A team that plays with guys who knows what to do with the ball... even if we are at the counter we play quickly and effective. When we have the ball... we try to open defense with the concept of passing, walls, movement without ball.

-we use young players around the world and give them the chance... just like Cesc, Van Persie, Bellerin... etc.

So we don’t play exclusively destructive football we propose and we look like a team ... actually we can’t even chain passes.

Hope

Less
People getting mad at our fan base for berating Emery so early needs to understand one thing that the club has seen the same thing from past few years.

No wonder they will be pissed off when the new manager is giving the same results and disapoitments.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We are so terrible away. Didnt Emery go a whole season without an away win once? Makes you think.

Divided_Pie

Unai has absolutely nothing to do with what happened with both Ramsey and Özil, it was the board.
If you are talking about letting them go in to their final years without a contract, and then signing Özil on big wages and letting Ramsey walk, sure.

If you are talking about Özil and (to a lesser degree) Ramsey and Laca getting frozen out of first 11 to various degrees, there is zero proof of this, not a single quote. There are reports that Emery straight up told Özil that he should leave.

Goonerozil33

Team lacks technical quality and it has been going down for many years since 2011. We were very technical until then and since then Arsène has been recruiting less technical players. Say what you want about players like song,Denison and Diablo. They were excellent under pressure and technically better than what we have right now. Look at the team now. The only good technical players are Özil, guendozi, iwobi and mkhitaryan. Auba, laca, torreira, Xhaka, el Neny etc are all players who need multiple touches with the ball.Even the technical players have their deficiencies. Özil is technically good but physically weak. Doozy and iwobi are both good technical players but lack end product. Mlhitaryan blows hot and cold. It’s hardly any surprise that we are struggling. And top it all we have a manager who thinks Denis Suarez can be an answer.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Team lacks technical quality and it has been going down for many years since 2011. We were very technical until then and since then Arséne has been recruiting less technical players. Say what you want about players like song,Denison and Diablo. They were excellent under pressure and technically better than what we have right now. Look at the team now. The only good technical players are Özil, guendozi, iwobi and mkhitaryan. Auba, laca, torreira, Xhaka, el Neny etc are all players who need multiple touches with the ball.Even the technical players have their deficiencies. Özil is technically good but physically weak. Doozy and iwobi are both good technical players but lack end product. Mlhitaryan blows hot and cold. It’s hardly any surprise that we are struggling. And top it all we have a manager who thinks Denis Suarez can be an answer.
Exactly this.

BTW I wouldn't consider Iwobi or Mkhitaryan technical enough. Both not good enough.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Exactly this.

BTW I wouldn't consider Iwobi or Mkhitaryan technical enough. Both not good enough.
Miki is, but he lacks physical strength and pace. Maybe mental strength as well. Iwobi for me is the opposite, good in physical aspects but sometimes lacks technical ability and a cool mind... poor vision as well... and he cannot shot.
Guendozi is not a technical player for me. But Lucas is.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This whataboutism about Klopp and Poch starting off slowly is not a strong valid argument when comparing to Emery.
They both set their style on their teams very quickly and it was obvious their teams are set on high-pressing ever since.

My big worry on Emery is that he seems to still have no clear concept on how we want to play, weird substitutions, there is no identity on our play and then this goes down to the players on pitch as well.
When you watch our games, it is too obvious that we are struggling to create chances and it ridiculous how one-dimensional our attacking game has become. We're basically at the Kola cutbacks tactic. And it is fairly easy for opposition to have spotted it and address it appropriately in their defenses.

I really hope he manages to turn it around. It will be difficult to reach Top 4, but at least a close fight until last day of season would be a sign that he should be given time for next season too.

I don't think we will win Europa, but if we fail early, then serious questions need to be asked.
This is all Wengers fault. He made us so bloody average in his last few seasons that we cannot even dream of becoming Europa champions.

His domestic performances aside, Wenger failed mightily in Europe.

The squad automatically perked up under Emery but he is no motivator or big name, plus he has made strange decisions.

He might need a lot of time to make his own mark.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I thought we'd seen the end of the back 3/5 :(.

It makes no sense in an attacking or defensive capacity. I feel for Emery, we've suffered key injuries at critical stages in the season, but some of his tactical decisions have left a lot to be desired.

I think he's a very capable coach, and I know he has a vision. But I'd like to see an improvement on two fronts;

1. The quality of football- we need to consistently control football matches and look good in doing so. Emery always alludes to this but as of yet there's been little to no progress on that front.

2. Better/More understandable substitutions- Some of his subs are baffling. Also, his half time switches are few and far between now. I want to see more structure with his subs, sometimes it's like he's making it up as he goes along.

blaze_of_glory

I thought we'd seen the end of the back 3/5 :(.

It makes no sense in an attacking or defensive capacity. I feel for Emery, we've suffered key injuries at critical stages in the season, but some of his tactical decisions have left a lot to be desired.

I think he's a very capable coach, and I know he has a vision. But I'd like to see an improvement on two fronts;

1. The quality of football- we need to consistently control football matches and look good in doing so. Emery always alludes to this but as of yet there's been little to no progress on that front.

2. Better/More understandable substitutions- Some of his subs are baffling. Also, his half time switches are few and far between now. I want to see more structure with his subs, sometimes it's like he's making it up as he goes along.
Totally agree. It’s like he has a vision but it doesn’t actually know the best way to acheive it. Some of the decisions have been outstanding, but some have seemed totally counter to what he talks about.

And the style/quality of play needs to improve. Needs to show he wants us to play exciting football. This is Arsenal ffs. We play with beauty (or at least try).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom