• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denis Suarez: Returning to Barcelona after injury

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Yes, he looks weak and may take him a while to adapt, but at least give him a chance. He's got quality, I don't doubt that.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Too lightweight for the premier league, methinks Emery just signed him for some company on the bench, someone to whisper exploitive's in Spanish to when things go wrong.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
You call tell he’s a tiki-taka, pass & move sort of player. From the little I’ve seen, I like his style. He dribbles well and can carry the ball at pace, he can also beat his man. I would also like to see a little more but that’s fine. He’s coming from a fancy league where no-one gets their hair wet, to a league where players tackle with intent and rake their studs down your Achilles, of course it will take a few games to see his quality.

say yes

forum master baiter
Not sure what the fuss is, he looked decent today.

Bigger picture he’s just a cheap loanee that we don’t have to buy. I don’t see any downside to this. It’s effectively a six month trial where we’ll get to watch him train and interact with the squad daily: offering far greater insight into his quality than any scouting report.

If we like what we see and he improves us on the pitch: brilliant, we’ve added a good player to our squad for the run-in and will make the move permanent over summer. If he doesn’t impress then he won’t play much and we’ve dodged a bullet on the permanent fee.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Eh, he was OK when he came on. I'll put it down to fitness and new league why he's not up to speed yet - I'll withhold any more judgement.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Denis has only had the opportunity to play sporadically this season, but at least from an analytic standpoint he's done pretty well when called up. This is based on his last 1,000 minutes of league play, both for Barcelona and Arsenal.

Screen-Shot-2019-02-27-at-11-40-18-PM.png

For comparison sake, here's the last 1,000 minutes for another player who has played sporadically this year.

Screen-Shot-2019-02-27-at-11-46-31-PM.png

Sometimes we see what we want to see. Because Denis has played so sparingly, he's not been fully match fit just yet and other players have been in very good form since he joined. As you can see from his analytics, Denis' take on abilities (explosivity and risk taking) are something that can be valuable to this team once he settles in. The negativity toward him is reactionary.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Weird. I thought he looked promising.

Also confused, thought he made one or two nice driving runs. Only had 20 minutes. Looks like he needs some more fitness
Eh, he was OK when he came on. I'll put it down to fitness and new league why he's not up to speed yet - I'll withhold any more judgement.
He has only played like 16 games this season or something.

Still early. We need a full game to decide.

Harz

I can't imagine the club exercising the option, would be a totally unnecessary signing. Every penny counts, no need to spend money for insignificant depth. We have a good academy that can provide the depth.

Manberg

Predator
We're in two competitions where we need to try to win every game. He's not going to get a full game unless there's an injury crisis, or we're 5-0 up in the first leg of a Europa game or something.

Top Bottom