• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The EPL or the CL?

Hypothetical question, and of course it goes with out saying we have won nothing yet, but given the option of one or the other what would you prefer to win?

The EPL for me.

alwaysagooner

EPL for me to if you can't be the champions of your league then you would have only won the CL through a fair bit of luck on the draws after the group stage and you also should not theoreitcally be in the competition in the first place. The league is over 38 games CL only 14.

Laxness

CL. We'd receive greater respect if we won it. We've proved we can play well in England already.

KingReyes

Established Member
If you asked this at the start of the season I would have said EPL to make up for last year.

Since the league is almost in the bag ;D I'm gonna say Champions league! As Laxness said we would get the ultimate respect and its the biggest trophy yet we've never won it.

Anders Limpar

We just have to win the EPL this year, otherwise everyone else in the world will have a go at us!! But to be reckoned as one of the gigants of football we nee that CL cup!!!!!

Arrrgh, can't choose...

I take the FA-cup!!

:angel

Great Gunman

CL - We won the Premiership twice, nearly three times, as Laxness said we would get more respect and finally Henry will win either the EPY of WPY and then we would beocome a major force in European football. :p

JazzG

Established Member
Right now the PL, we have to win it this season. We are royally screwed if we don't win it.

Eastrek

It's always special when you win something for the first time
The 1998 Premiership success was amazing cos it was the first time we'd won it and the feeling we got at the end of it will never be repeated...2002 was fantastic but not as special as 98. So saying that it would mean more to me to see us lift the Champions League...we may never get as good a chance as this again - this team is something special (and hopefully nowhere near slowing down)

thierrys_girl

Established Member
the premier league. To win the champions league would be great but personally the pl is more important to me at the moment mainly because of the way we lost it last year. But not get me wrong i would love us to win the Champions league :wink:

kNiteMare

EPL definitly. Look at Milan who won the CL last year. Did anyone say they are the best? I doubt many would cuase Juventus beat them by a fair bit in Serie A.

We prob wont get much respect if we won the CL but losing the EPL again to manure or chelski.

Taozhe

I am greedy ... so both. But realistically I will go for EPL. :)

The CL is not easy as ALL teams haf a chance. We need luck on our side to win the CL too.

Aussie

Established Member
EPL as its the league that we play in for 38 games and after last year :cry: :cry: definatly the EPL for me. But why not win both ;D

Top Bottom